I just returned from a fantastic weekend at Pinegrove. As always, we had a great time, and I brought several family members with me who had never visited the ranch before. Betsy made sure our check-in was quick, and our rooms were ready when we arrived. After settling into our rooms, we were able to go horseback riding. They offered 3 rides that afternoon, and we were able to ride twice, which was definitely great! After riding, we enjoyed the complimentary cocktail party, dinner, karaoke, and live music in the Silver Dollar Saloon, with Gary Green and Son! It was a terrific night. Saturday morning brought rain, so outdoor activities were a bit limited. However, Eve, the Social Director, had a full schedule planned to keep us amused while indoors. 11:30 a.m. brought us complimentary bloody marys in the saloon, where Jeremy made us feel right at home. We enjoyed another cocktail hour, dinner, and were back into the Silver Dollar for live music from Bob Martinson! At breakfast on Sunday morning, all of the moms received carnations, which was a sweet and special touch. As far as the horseback riding goes, there have been many changes made since my last visit, and all of those changes are thanks to the barn manager, Mike. He has really focused on improving the entire riding experience, clearing out new trails, and even adding a BBQ lunch ride, which we will absolutely do when we return. His assistant, Jessica, was great, and made sure we got to ride the horses we loved on each ride. The wranglers are one of the best parts about visiting Pinegrove. Getting to spend time with CeCe, Lyndsay, Jess, Ashley, Kellie, Mia, Hannah, Julie, Raven, Lou, and Mike (I hope I didn't miss anyone) was great! It is apparent that David, the owner of the ranch, takes pride in the place, and has made many improvements over the past months. He always makes me feel like family when I am there, and I am very grateful for that! Paul, the Manager, is also great, and he tended to all of our needs, albeit very few. I know there are a lot of reviews posted about Pinegrove, both positive and negative. But, the truth is, I have been coming here for over 15 years, and I always have a great time. If you are looking for a real ranch experience, with a homey feel, and rustic accommodations, this place is worth every penny! It's half the the price of the other local ranch, but definitely not half the quality. We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort