This place was great for a girl scout outing. It was better than camping, but in some ways it was very similar. We liked that our troop had plenty of room to spread out. We had our own hallway. The food was OK but our waiter had trouble getting our orders right. A few times some of our group just took what he brought to speed up the process. The girls had fun horseback riding.
As for a clean place to stay, it depends on what you consider clean , it really could use some new carpets and some upgrade of the rooms. They also need to invest in bigger towels. I suggest you bring beach towels for the pool. They provided towels but they were the size of a hand towel.
On the positive side, most of the staff was friendly and the activities were well staffed, Especially since there were 500+ girl scouts and backups could have been a problem.
I would not recommend it for anything but a weekend with kids groups where they can make a mess and no one will notice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort