“A picturesque friendly resort with lots to do.”

Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I brought a group of 200 for 4 days of fun at Pinegrove and everyone there went the extra mile to make sure each and every person in my group was accommodated. The staff is terrific and they all take their job seriously and treat the property like their own. The food is plentiful and good as well as the service in the dining room and throughout the resort. The rooms were clean and our group was very happy. Thanks Pinegrove!

3  Thank Sandy B
Owner-Pinegrove, Owner at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thanks, Pinegrove has the facilities and activities to keep a single mom & child or a large group entertained and busy from sun up to midnight. Many guest think it may be our goal to send folks home tired not rested...guilty. If your the type to get involved in all of our activities & programs, be prepared to catch up on rest when you get home. If you like to rest, we have places for that too :).

There are newer reviews for Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch

Reviewed November 12, 2012

just had the most wonderful weekend ever!!!! great staff, very friendly, wranglers and trail guides....just wonderful!!!...Horses are fit and beautiful,I had the best fast ride in the catskill mountains ever ....I would recommend to everyone...rustic and charming.

1  Thank Marylou M

Pinegrove has a new Barn Foreman, Mikey O, I'll pass your compliments on to him & all the wranglers. Mike started as a guest and then joined the staff as a young teenager. After a break for college and work in NYC, Mike has returned to the Ranch as Barn Foreman. His focus on horse care & guest satifaction is already having a positive effect.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been going to this place for a quite a few years now and have never been disappointed. The rooms are newly remodeled, beautiful, and super clean. The entire place is clean which is always a huge plus for me. This year they blew me away with their delicious foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The horses are so well taken care of and you can tell are loved by every care taker their. There is always something to do and the entertainment is wonderful. It is truly an experience that everyone in your family will love. I was just their this past weekend and have already booked my stay for next November. :)

1  Thank Jennifer C

Great to see that you took advantage of the on property special "Ranch Rewards". Guest at the Ranch are offered great deal to come back again. It's our way of showing current guest that we are not like Jet Blue, the best deals at Pinegrove will always be reserved for returning guest! Thanks again for stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Always a wonderful time . Great food and service. Always something fun to do for the kids from dawn to late night. Always fun for adults too. Rooms are updated and clean. Horseback riding staff are professional and responsible.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank LBkids

Thank you, glad you enjoyed everything. Please mention that you were a previous guest on your next reservation, there are previous guest specails on certain dates.

Big Thanks,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A fantastic location in the Catskill mountains. Each time I make reservations, I can't wait for the day of my arrival. I have been returning to this beautiful Ranch for almost as long as it has been open, almost 35 years. As said, the location is ideal. The horseback riding and all activities were terrific and well supervised.
I know from experience it is a great place for kidsand families, activities all day long, even into the evening. The hay rides,camp fires and marshmellows, etc. Being a Senior, we have activities and are recognized. Pinegrove is a special place for us. Coming more than 30 years, I experienced the adult and now the senior activities.
I always go during the Halloween season. The lobby and Dining Room is so nicely decorated for the holidays. The activities, especially the evening is so well planned by the staff. For children and adults alike, it is "spooky".
The rooms are very nice, Greatly appointed. The flowers on the table were such a nice touch. Also,the beds so comfortable. The food, beyond expectations, intuitive servers. The ribeye, need I say more. The nightclub/great.
Daily Cocktail party before Dinner and a coketail Party for the kids, Wow.
Adequate indoor and outdoor athletic activities.
I can't wait to make my reservation for 2013. I would suggest you make yours, also. Have a great stay!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas L
Owner-Pinegrove, Owner at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

What kind words, we all appreciate your visits to the Ranch each year! Now that you retired to Florida and still make your way back , that's really nice. Big Thanks and a Big Howdy from your Pinegrove Family.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I went to the Pinegrove Dude Ranch from Oct. 26 to 28th 2012. This is a great 3 star hotel. I went with a 4 year old boy and a ten year boy. They are both so excited to go back. For kids it is a great vacation. You feel safe the room was clean but very run down, beds were not comfortable at all, the food is average or even below average. But this is not why you come here, you are not coming to stay in your room or even for the food. You are coming to let your kids experience nature and have a ton of fun things to do. They have indoor pool (pool was better when not crowded) The horses were well kept. Make sure you sign up for everything you want as soon as you can to get the times and things you want. But the hotel and staff were very helpful. The deli area seems run down this is where you get your fries & burgers but the food wasn't bad. I wish they had the petting zoo open you could only see teh animals they had no food set up to feed them, my son was dissapointed about that. They had a graveyard walk which was fun not to scarey my 4 year old was fine with it. What I can tell you is the kids made new friends, lots of nice people that were up there, the kids can't wait to go back. for 2-3 nights it is a perfect vacation. Again we go to these places for our kids to have fun and they will. Don't expect much from the food and the rooms and you won't be disspointed.. I did check out all the rooms before I left and I would say it is worth it to pay more to stay in any other room than the Nevada rooms. I was happy with the money I spent, the memories we made and I will be going back. I had read reviews before I went so I wasn't expecting great food or great rooms, so I feel like I new what to expect before going. I drove for over 4 hours to get there and believe me i wouldn't go back if I didn't think all in all it was a great family vacation spot. You will have fun!

Room Tip: The nevada rooms are run down stay in other rooms. You don't want people above you and I would r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for the very honest, common sense loaded comments. Pinegrove has never had first class accommodations and does not expect to in the future. However, that doesn't mean our rooms or lodge should not be very clean. Mery, head of housekeeping, has greatly improved overall housekeeping since she started almost 2 years ago. Pinegrove is clean! That's really important to every guest and we will work hard each day, to keep it that way.

Pinegrove is a great value vacation, fun for the entire family. We will continue to make improvements and keep every kid...very happy!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

another successful year with my teacher colleges and their families and friends. This is our fourth year going on a halloween weekend. We started out with seven families 7 rooms and have grown to 34 rooms.The kids can't keep up with all the activities. They all get a taste of horseback riding which many haven't done before. once again they all said they are coming back and I am looking forward to organizing it in 2013.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

What a great group, hate to say it, but truth be told...a group like your would have fun anywhere. We appreciate the enthusiam your group brings to the Ranch, it snowballs and the next thing you know the lobby is one big tailgate party, love it.

PS: spoke with the barn and Baron is feeling better. You better bring some carrots on your next visit!

Thanks, David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 2 in Big Indian
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!