Went to Pinegrove last weekend and everyone had a great time. 2 adults, a 20, 16, and 13 year old. Stayed in Wyoming room #183 & 184. Rooms looked updated except for the bathrooms which were original 1970's....but they were very clean. New bedding in the rooms and sheets were clean and fresh. The beds were very comfy. I found all the employees there to be very friendly. Lunch was at the deli and snack bar. Deli sandwiches were good, kids loved the all day free hot dogs and ice cream. Breakfast and dinner in the dining room, food is ok. Dining room has been renovated, last time we were here, we had to share a table with other guests we didn't know, now it is diner style with booths. Much better. Other reviewers complained about the cleanliness....it really isn't as bad as they make it seem. Anyway, what do you expect, there are kids coming in and out all day, running around with food and snacks from the snack bar and from riding horses. The lobby areas must be cleaned at night or early in the morning because you can tell the rugs had been vacuumed. There were no strange odors in the lobby as someone else wrote in their review. Whatever issue they had with the sulphur odor in the water must have been corrected because I came prepared this time, with plenty of bottled water from home, but the water odor was gone.
Activities: There were plenty. Outdoor pool was great. Horseshoe contest, water balloon throw, bingo, karaoke in the lobby, marshmallow roast with the singing cowboy, horseback riding, outdoor bbq, free bloody mary's by the pool, just to name a few. But the best by far was the paintball games in the woods. $30 pp for 3 hours...well worth the price. At home in my area we pay at least $100 pp. The boys (20 & 13) are usually bored within a few hours, but they want to come back because of the paintball. The guy who runs it is great, he's all about safety, if you don't follow the rules you're out. The shows in the nightclub are fantastic. Great for the kids who get to sit on the floor and watch right up front.
Overall it was a great time for all. We will go back.
I've been to the "other ranch" everyone keeps mentioning on this site, really, the activities are the same, the nightly shows are the same (I already saw this juggler at the other place) The rooms are a little better, and the grounds are manicured, but you pay a hefty price for that. Over there the 20 yr old is bored after 1/2 a day. Like I said it was all about the paintball and snack bar for him.
If you know how to relax and have a good time with your family, and if you're on a budget, this is really a great place. If you're looking for brand new rooms with granite bathrooms, spotless lobby and gourmet food, you need to go elsewhere so you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort