“Not enough food for price”

The Gander Inn Restaurant & Tavern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have eaten here since they opened
the food has always been delicious
saddened to see they no longer serve pizza
but after time portions have gotten extremely small for the price
we left still hungry
we loved the apple tart but it now is just more than a mouthful
very dissatisfied
will not return as much if at all

1  Thank family1243
There are newer reviews for The Gander Inn Restaurant & Tavern

Reviewed June 9, 2014

There is a need, for sure, for a place to grab better-than-diner-food (not that there's anything wrong with a diner!) and this fills the bill. We have only tried the brunch, but were pleasantly satisfied with the selection, the food (fresh, fresh, fresh), the service, and the space itself. We'll definitely go back and try it for another meal. I've read many of the disappointing reviews, but we also had a chance to have a chat with the chef and it sounds as if this place has had a bit of a rocky start in terms of keeping good, consistent talent on board--he is the 7th head chef in less than a year. It sounds like they're really focusing on, well, focusing the business: he related that they've trimmed the menu to a reasonable and varied set of selections, which should correct what a lot of restaurants get wrong: trying to do too much and ending up with mediocre results. They are trying now to serve fewer dishes, but serve them all well... we wish them luck and hope they succeed!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Takes forever to get a meal! I think the owner bit off more than he can chew! This restaurant needs to pay close attention to it's customers. I waited over an hour and a half to get my order! Nothing seems to be organized either. Beautiful place but it seems to be failing miserably. I guess White Wolf is back to being my local fav.

3  Thank Future_Chef2
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Service very slow. Bad food , raw baked potatoes child's mac and cheese was Kraft's microwave at $7.00 each. Booked a birthday party weeks in advance and was told no one new about it because the Chef who left never told anyone about it. Been there three times and it was there times too many!

3  Thank Tom T
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been to the Gander Inn several time with friends. The atmosphere is very inviting and the waitresses we had were very attentive except for one. However I haven't seen her there lately. The menu is appealing to me since I like the different things they have to offer. Recently the portions are small and I think the waitress should mention that especially when I am sharing my meal. Lets face it we are in Kerhonkson not Manhattan! Down home meals need down home prices and when it comes to my glass of wine, I expect a full glass not a half glass!

1  Thank nyandcompany