All reviews petting zoo activities director horseback riding new owners meatloaf soft opening new carpet climbing wall free cotton candy bull room archery range carrot sticks free snack bar silver dollar saloon roasting marshmallows common areas old school
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Second time at this resort. First time as parents and under new ownership/management. They are really working hard to modernize the things you want and keep the quaint/laidback atmosphere of old school family fun. Always something to join in with or without the kids and fun for all ages. We were a family ranging in age from 73 to 3 years old and each had a wonderful time.

Of course a few bumps, but its to be expected with such a large property and undertaking in updating. Hospitality and helpfulness always came first and I felt that all staff I interacted with from desk to housekeeping wanted to see my family have a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Joscelyn G
Daniel T, Front Office Manager at Pine Ridge Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thanks for staying at the Pine Ridge Dude Ranch and we appreciate the good review, Joscelyn. We're all glad the family had a fun experience here.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I’ve just a few hours ago returned from
The ranch. My family had been coming to the Pine Grove for many years. We always had fun, but this time was by far the best one ever. From start to finish, the new and improved Pine Ridge impressed me in so many ways. When i pulled up, I still had that same excitement, maybe more so than before because I was excited to see the renovations.
The lobby itself has retained its rustic feel, but updated with some paintings, what appeared to be a new pool table and new bathrooms. The gift shop remains adorable; the Starbucks- a godsend.
Continuing on, the Dakotas (where we always stayed) were nearly unrecognizable to me. The halls and walls appeared to have been deeply cleaned and smelled nice. The rooms themselves finally lost that dingy carpet and were replaced by beautiful
wood floors. That change, alone, made such a major difference to the aesthetics of this property. The new common area rug is absolutely adorable, with the horseshoes, cowboy boots and bright pink bandanas. Another nice touch.
Moving on to the food, it’s significantly better than the food I remember. The meatloaf, roast beef and chili were very tasty - I cleaned my plate. The vegetables and the desserts were also very good. They even gave us our own private room
To accommodate
Our family
Of 33. The outdoor lunch barbecue was also a standout. The new pool bar is adorable, the pool and slide are still lots of fun. The chuck wagon is still a good place
For a between- meal snack. Make your own sundae was fantastic. The dj was good and played modern songs. The bouncy pillow was loads of fun. The only criticism I have is that it’s very hot in the common areas and downstairs. The AC isn’t cooling those rooms. Danny was a good bartender, we loved Judy, the activity director was also a gentleman with a great sense of humor and excellent manner. The horseback riding staff were helpful, amazing and very well-versed, too.
I made memories with my family here that will
last a lifetime. I can’t wait to come back. The love that has been poured into the place radiated all
around it. Thank you from my heart for such a wonderful trip!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank jraheb126

Thank you for leaving such a great and thorough review! All of us here at the Ranch appreciate you and the family continuing your traditions at the Pine Ridge Dude Ranch and look forward to many more visits to come!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My family and I loved being here so much that we have made it an annual tradition
The staff is helpful and accommodating. The location is beautiful and the horse trail is perfect no matter what your proficiency riding level
The rooms are standard but you aren’t there to hang out in your hotel room and didn’t bother us.
It is clean and recently renovated and a great value

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Thanks for the excellent review, Galia! We're glad you and the family love the new Pine Ridge Dude Ranch and we look forward to hosting your annual tradition in the years to come. Until next time...Happy Trails!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My happy place have been there twice since April already planning my return trip
Large comfortable room is extremely clean fabulous food remarkable staff keeps me coming back for more but each return trip I find something new that I didn’t see the last time it’s always a fabulous adventure can’t wait to come back

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

It's always a pleasure to have you back at the Pine Ridge Dude Ranch, Jacquie! Truly, a very many thanks for your continued support, patronage, and friendship. We're all looking forward to your next visit, but until then and as always...Happy Trails!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Recently got back from the ranch. Been there several times when it was Pine Grove. Loved it then, it's even nicer now. Went with daughter in law and 2 granddaughters 13 and 15. Something for everyone. The service is excellent high marks for Juan, Daniel, Staci, Danny the bartender, Jackie and a very attentive and helpful life guard, Louis. The riding program is excellent. Even the rain couldn't dampen the enjoyment of the rides. Everyone had a great time. Really enjoyed feeding the herd! Keep up the good work. Great job Mike.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Joyce W

Thank you for coming back to the new Pine Ridge Dude Ranch. We appreciate your lovely review, Joyce, and all look forward to welcoming you and the family back soon.