All reviews petting zoo activities director horseback riding new owners meatloaf soft opening new carpet climbing wall free cotton candy bull room archery range carrot sticks free snack bar silver dollar saloon roasting marshmallows common areas old school
Reviewed August 4, 2018

I went to Pine Grove Dude Ranch (Pine Ridge's predecessor) with my family as a little kid, so when my sister decided to bring her kids for a week this summer, my wife and I decided to tag along for a few nights. We had a really great time; there are lots of scheduled events and fun facilities to fill the day and it was really fun being there with our niece and nephew. The pools are well maintained and large, the horses and trail ride were a highlight (but do cost extra), the arcade (also pay-to-play) was fun for the kids, the archery range was fun but in an non-air-conditioned barn, and the bounce pad was hilarious. There were also a lot of activities we didn't have time for between our short stay and an afternoon of rain.

There are, though, a lot of things about Pine Ridge that still need work. The food was good but consistently overcooked (other than breakfast), the staff seemed stretched really thin, the hotel is being updated but certain areas are looking a little worse for wear, and the playground and mini-golf areas were pretty run down. Signing up for a trail ride happens the night before and the line is long, people are annoyed, and the one staff member running the show is friendly but overwhelmed.

We would definitely go again (only with children, this is not really a place for couples without kids) and my nephew said he wishes he could come back every year. I'm really rooting for Pine Ridge to keep improving because I have a lot of great memories there!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank mike m
Daniel T, Front Office Manager at Pine Ridge Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Howdy, Mike. Thanks for the review and honest feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with the family and happy that you want to come back to see all the latest improvements we will continue to make.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Our trip was amazing even with the rain there was a lot to do. The updates to the rooms and pool area are amazing. The only thing I hope gets better is the wait staff in the restaurant we had to servers 1 we only had two days and she rarely went to our table the 2nd server we had for the rest of the week was sort of better she came to our table more but she argued with my mom about her tea my mom wanted milk with her tea but the server insited my mom to use the half and half at the table my mom politely declined the half and half and asked for milk so the server left and she brought us our food but didn't bring my mom her milk even after a couple of reminders but over all we had a great time and will be coming again next year.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Ciara Rose H

Thanks for the review, Ciara. We're glad you had an amazing stay and appreciate all the improvements the Pine Ridge Dude Ranch has made. Looking forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I want to say this place is great! My daughter and I only went there to ride as we live in the area. The staff was fantastic! You could tell they really care about people as well as the horses! They were friendly and great! Definitely will be back! Thank you for the great experience!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy T

Thanks for coming riding with us at the Pine Ridge Dude Ranch! We appreciate your great review and looking forward to having you and many more locals like you back in the saddle.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Initially,didn’t know what to expect. A bit rustic looking on the outside, definitely a dude ranch atmosphere. More pros than cons. PROS: horseback riding-both the horses and staff members are amazingly kind. Great first experience. You can tell that the staff love their jobs. The food at every meal was great, no complaints. Also, our waitress (forgot her name but she was expecting her baby soon) and Juan were so nice, attentive, and quick service. The activities were fun, the director was so nice. Nightly entertainment was great, especially the juggler and the magician, and blu grass band. Starbucks(especially the barista who was so friendly) CONS: not really, but rather suggestions: more indoor activities, keep both pools open simultaneously. We had an awesome and memorable family vacation and definitely will come back. We want to definitely try the private lessons. Definitely worth the 3 hr ride from PA. Keep up the great hospitality and fun Pineridge! We are so glad it was able to open this year!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank nicemom3

Howdy, and thanks for the review! We appreciate the feedback and are glad you all enjoyed the meals and friendly hospitality offered up at the Pine Ridge Dude Ranch. Until next time...Happy Trails!

Reviewed July 20, 2018

We were very happy when the Pinegrove got new owners and reopened as Pine Ridge. We have now been there 7 times and the grandkids love the place. There is plenty to do and I feel they are safe there running around doing all the activities led by Jennifer. We went horseback riding my two granddaughters did the Barn Buddies thing where they get to get up close and personal with the horses in the barn. They even got to take care of Juniper the new foal. The fireworks on the 4th of July were fantastic and they kept the pool open later that day which was great . That is my one beef. The pool doesn't stay open enough in the warmer weather and long days. They have all new outside furniture at the pool and the kickback corral and fire pit. We stayed in the Dakotas again and love the extra room and the beds are comfortable. The kids met some kids from PA who were there for the same 5 days we were and they spent all there time together. They even played paintball together. They have asked to go back next 4th of July and I think we can make that happen. It was a great 5 days but we could have done with a little cooler weather . It was very hot.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank dan l
Daniel T, Front Office Manager at Pine Ridge Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Thanks for spending the 4th of July with us at the Pine Ridge and we appreciate the great review! We're glad the kids took advantage of some of the additional stables programs at the ranch not offered anywhere else. Thanks to your feedback, we have decided to keep the outdoor pool open until 9:00pm for the rest of the summer! Until we see ya'll again for your yearly getaway, happy trails!