“Not as good as usual”

Amici Ristorante and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Amici Ristorante and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Kenmore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Buffalo, NY
“Not as good as usual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Last night we in a party of 4 went to Amici's. I always thought they had the best eggplant parmesan around here. Last night they must have had some sort of kitchen issues. First, at 7:00 they were already out of one of the specials which one of us ordered. Then it took an hour and 15 minutes to get our salads and soup. Finally after another delay, the meals came and my eggplant was just OK. Definitely not up to the usual quality or flavor. With your eyes closed you couldn't tell it was eggplant. My companions however, did enjoy what they ordered. Since the food arrived hot, I assumed it was a kitchen problem. Since the food was always excellent on other visits I'm sure we'll give it another chance at some point.

• Visited August 2013

Williamsville, New York
“Great Selection and Prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our first time eating at Amici's and we were pleasantly surprised. They had a great selection of pastas and specials to choose from, but not an overwhelming menu. And the prices are just right!

• Visited August 2013
kenmore ny
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

always busy but why??. Room is dark and the food can be pricey. small bar and some outdoor dining facing a Dairy Queen! Specials were many but had to ask prices and 24$ for salmon is crazy. Most entrees come without anything else. Bread and soups are good. They use lots of Groupons and are open 7 days. Servers are young but pleasant and sauces taste bland and cry out for some real spices. However many WNYers rave about this place. On a recent Sat nite the crowd was older and room half full. ample parking across the street and in back.

• Visited July 2013
Kenmore, New York, United States
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This looks like an upscale Italian restaurant. Not so much. We were seated quickly and our server was ok. She wasn't overly perky. The food was not so great. I ordered the chicken marsala with penne pasta. I'm certain the chicken was frozen, the mushrooms were canned and the Marsala sauce had no taste of wine. It tasted more like tomato soup. My penne was cooked perfect, but the sauce was bitter and had no spices. It was like they opened a can of plain sauce and forgot to add the other ingredients to build it into an actual pasta sauce. My wife ordered clams in a white sauce. The sauce was very liquidy and she was sure the clams were canned. The fresh baked bread was decent but the crust was so hard it cut your mouth. The French onion soup was the best part of the meal, and I've had better at every other restaurant I have visited. Robert Irvine would rip these chefs to shreds!

• Visited July 2013
Tonawanda, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always interesting menu, extra nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was there with my wife for a belated birthday celebration, nothing special we just wanted to talk and not worry about getting dinner for ourselves. Amici's is a place we often go for such dinners. We also take my sons and our daughter in law when they are in town. We rely on the restaurant for good-excellent food (always interesting specials) and a nice but not formal atmosphere. In the past 15-20 years we have been coming there we have rarely been disappointed. We have some rules we use for selecting WHEN to go. First, we do not try without reservations. Second, we do not try for reservations around 6:00-6:30 PM. Third, we do not go on holidays (e.g. Mother's Day). Following these rules have avoided problems with reservations long waits and being pressured to leave. We have seldom needed to wait.

The wait staff are extremely nice, and helpful. Most of the waitresses are quite familiar with the entrees and the wine. If they are asked, they can tell you enough about the food or wine to make your decision making fairly easy. They are prompt and extremely courteous.

Finally, the food. The food ranges from excellent to very good. Many of the best dishes are seafood. I would say that the quality has remained pretty high over the years, with some move toward richer, cheese sauces. I think the specials are usually the better choices.

• Visited June 2013