“Great Italian” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amici Ristorante and Cafe

Amici Ristorante and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Amici Ristorante and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Kenmore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
East Aurora, New York, United States
“Great Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of my favorite restaurants in Buffalo. Prices are very reasonable, wine list is good and not outrageously priced. Good portions, great service and the food is delicious. Highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2012

Buffalo, New York
“Good Italian food for a nice night out or date.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I live close by so may be slightly biased but I do really like this place. My fiancé and I try to go a few times a year, some dishes are a little pricey but most things are appropriately priced. They have nice deals also on wine during WNY resturant week. Never had a bad meal there.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“calamari contentment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I love nicely prepared calamari - and amici's rates an 11 out of 10 in my book! great appetizer- next time I visit I may just order a double order- but then I'd miss out on all the other wonderfully prepared menu items. friend had swordfish - liked it a lot. other friend enjoyed the braciole, penne & homemade sauce. my entree, scallops w/cranberry risotto & julienne veg, very very good. the calamari set the tone for this visit - everything about my amici experience was stellar- attentive server, fresh bread, delish house dressed salad, tasty entree, dessert, coffee refilled willingly - contentment. definitely will return w/the discriminating companion!

• Visited October 2012
Kenmore, New York
“A Touch of Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

On Sunday, September 16, 2012, I visited Amici Ristorante with a friend, with a Forty-Dollar Gift Voucher in hand. I had not dined in this restaurant in over fifteen years, so I was anxious to try it again. I made reservations for two people for 4:00 p.m. When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted and promptly seated. Water was presented to us and our server, Shannon, took our drink order, which consisted of sweetened iced tea and water with lemon. Shortly afterward we were served hot Italian bread along with a generous amount of soft butter. We later were offered more of the same, and we accepted. My friend and I both ordered a crock of French Onion Soup. It was very hot and was loaded with onions and a wonderful topping of cheese. It was one of the best French Onion Soups we had ever tasted. We opted for the house salad along with Ranch and Raspberry Vinaigrette (Fat Free) dressings. My friend selected the Chicken Cacciatore, which arrived in a large serving bowl and delicious red sauce. I picked the broiled fish with fresh tomatoes, herbs wine sauce and bread crumbs. This was accompanied with some lemon, cauliflower and zucchini. During the meal, the water was refreshed several times without our asking. The servers passed by a sufficient number of times to check to see if there was anything we needed and they were all very cordial. At the end of the meal they offered to wrap my friend's Cacciatore and leftover bread. The bill was promptly brought to us with the Gift Voucher amount correctly deducted. We passed on the dessert as my friend was very full, but we were given a chance by Shannon to review the selections. The atmosphere was wonderful and we were initially invited to sit on the patio if we so desired. Due to somewhat windy conditions, we chose to eat inside. The service was A-one and the friendliness of everybody there made us feel right at home. The background music added a nice touch. Although we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, we agreed that our next visit would be for a special occasion due to the priceyness of the food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Aseabird
Buffalo, New York
“Underrated Italian American Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my second visit in the past month. The first experience was very good but I wanted to come back to see if it delivered again. The decor is not fancy what so ever, as this place is about the food and service. It's also sort of off the beaten path as it sits more in a residential neighborhood. There were six of us so we just ordered a bunch of dishes to share family style. Started off with some stuffed banana peppers and antipasto salad. The peppers were excellent. The salad was good with olives, salumi, artichoke, etc.
For main courses we got lobster raviolis,chicken ala Amici, veal florentine, broiled grouper special, and a bowl of meatballs.
I should start off by saying the grouper was the best dish of the bunch. I usually don't prefer cooked fish, but this was EXCELLENT! Seems like the fish was broiled and then braised in this really good light lemon sauce. I could have eaten the entire dish and been happy. The fish was very fresh and was mild and tender. Cooked perfectly.
The chicken ala Amici is cutlets sauteed with fresh tomatoes, capers, onions, garlic, herbs and wine. The sauce is a light, fresh, and delicious. I prefer this to a straight heavy red sauce.
The veal dish was a heavier dish that is cream based. The veal was pounded thin and very tender and flavorful. If you like spinach, you would probably enjoy this dish as it's very prevalent. The sauce was excellent.
Good meatballs. Soft and not over garlicky. More melt in your mouth texture.
Overall, this was another positive experience. Solid food and solid service. You get a lot of food for the money. Very friendly people working there.

• Visited July 2012