“Not much around, but fine just as somewhere to sleep”

Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kenmore
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here the night before catching a flight from Buffalo Airport, which was a short drive away.

The lady at the front desk was having a few problems with the credit card machine, but we were not in a hurry, so it was fine.

The room was a little tired, and not that big compared to most, but it was fine for one night. All the rooms have internal corridors, and a key card is required to gain access late at night.

There is not much around this property. It's on a busy road, with little nearby. We went out for the evening and didn't come back until quite late, so we didn't spend that much time at the hotel.

Breakfast was the usual, but limited, continential fare, with mini muffins and bagels, juice and coffee. But it was enough to get you going.

It was fine for one night, but I wouldn't want to stay here for an extended period. And despite the name, it is a long way from the Falls.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Loulabelle44

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very old and out of date motel! Rooms are tiny, small beds, stained chairs, dirty bathroom, hallways smell of smoke. We had stayed here to do some shopping in the area however there are other options we will look at next time. Only positive really was the friendly person working the front desk!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robrende
Reviewed June 30, 2011

What a place.......tiny, dirty, bathroom can be used only to go pee, signs are every where "no smoking" but it smelled like it was meant for smokers from day one. We stayed there in Dec/2010 it was so cold in the room. Heater is so outdated – I don’t think it warmed up the room at all. All I remember, I was sleeping in my cloths and then when we woke up around 6 am – I couldn’t wait to get the h…out of that MOTEL. For me …..it was the worse place I ever stayed at………….makes me sick. Maybe new management would make some difference - its still great location and working personnel was great…just hotel condition needs serious investment

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sono1helen
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Not very clean - I'm afraid to walk barefoot in the bathroom, and our ice bucket is dirty. It's August, and the air conditioner in our room doesn't work at all - it makes noise but nothing is coming out on any setting. The hallways stink of smoke. Also, the driving directions on the website are off - where it says drive 3-4 miles, it's really a lot further than that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sfconbrio
JimLerwick, Owner at Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2011

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. I do, however thank you for bringing these housekeeping and maintenance issues to my attention. They were addressed immediately and corrected. I do hope you will consider giving us another try should you ever find yourself in town again.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I was here in June 2010 for a cultural tour of Buffalo. Yes, really. Although the hotel is not directly in Buffalo, it is situated nearby and provides very easy access to the entire area.

The hotel itself is nothing special, exactly what you should expect for a Super8. I had no problems with cleanliness, staff, or noise, and my room was on the first floor and faced the street.

The always available coffee in the lobby was a good touch for me. However, I think many of these budget motels should just stop with the "free breakfast". This one was probably the smallest, least appetizing I've ever seen.

Just across the street are two full service restaurants that are open 24hrs and provide excellent food/value.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo

Thank You very much for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and hope that you will stay with us again when in town.

Reviewed April 22, 2010

We are two middleaged, budget-conscious couples who stayed at this place for a weekend, so this review represents a collective viewpoint.

All of us were satisfied with the motel but only one couple would return. We found the motel very clean and the staff were especially friendly and helpful. The area is stripmall-suburban, safe enough to walk at least a couple of blocks to two nearby diner-style restaurants that apparently offer a discount to Super 8 guests--we did not try the restaurants. While there is no breakfast room per se, just a light continental breakfast set up in the tiny lobby, the motel thoughtfully provides trays so that you could take your breakfast to your room if desired. We appreciated that the breakfast ran until 10am every day and even after 10, the very courteous desk clerk asked us if we wanted anything more before she took down the table. Both couples found the breakfast adequate for a stay of just a couple of nights.

Our only issues were around the noise. The place is quiet in terms of noise from inside/other rooms but as other Tripadvisors have noted, there is, most unfortunately, an active railroad line just a couple of hundred yards away. One of us heard "one train in the night"--one of us heard "a couple"--and two of us insist that there "several" trains in the night and that sleep was difficult! So there you go, folks, if you are light sleepers, this place is not for you.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We try very hard to make every guests stay a good experience. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 14, 2009

First, don't let the negative reviews fool you..This is a very nice place for the price, rooms may be small, but very cozy. Train & road noise can't be heard if you get a room at the front of the hotel & turn the fan on in your room. We stayed in #202, I slept really good....

Breakfast is simple, but we aren't big breakfast folks, if it's bacon & Eggs you want, there's a restaurant 30 seconds away that gives a 20% discount when you show them your room key....

After reading the mixed reviews, we made our own conclusion that this is a nice place to stay...

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmore
CenterWay Hotel
Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island
Days Inn Tonawanda/buffalo
Days Inn Tonawanda/buffalo
#4 of 13 in Tonawanda

Been to Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area? Share your experiences!