“Great food, great atmosphere, good prices”
Review of Amigo's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amigo's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Buffalo, New York
“Great food, great atmosphere, good prices”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have visited Amigo's several times and always enjoy it. The restaurant has two sides for dining. One side is a pretty dining room with very comfortable booths and tables. The other side is the bar which is set up nicely to eat right at the bar, or at tables if you prefer. The food is freshly prepared and delicious. There are interesting daily specials. The steak sandwich and hamburgers are excellent. The Friday fish fry is big and tasty. Service is good and the friendly owners are right there making sure everything is going well. Prices are extremely reasonable. Great dining experience or casual meal.

• Visited May 2012

Central Virginia
“Two great experiences in a row”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

While visitng back in the WNY area we happened upon Amigos restaurant for lunch. As mentioned by other reviewers - there is a bar side and a formal dining side. Lunch seemed to be a quiet time for them as we had the dining side almost to ourselves. The food was excellent if you are looking for a non-fast food/franchised experience - which we were. Since there were not that many customers we had all the attention of the server. She was particularly attentive to our granddaughter who has several food allergies. The prices were what you would expect for the atmosphere which was elegant but not stuffy. We ended up coming back a second day when our first choice for that day was closed due to a power failure. We were not disappointed on day 2 either! Their business is probably more dinner oriented but certainly worth a try if you are looking for this type of restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Estaltd
Buffalo
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This was my third time at Amigo's and the first time was pretty good, although I found the server to be off putting as it felt as if I were annoying her, but the food was quite good.

So, we went another time and again the food was quite good but the server was not friendly and the wait for our food seemed a bit long, but tolerable.

We went to Amigos on October 29, for a birthday dinner. My sister and mother had never been and I wanted them to try a new restaurant in their neighborhood. Unfortunately, we will probably never go again to have a meal. We will continue to go to the bar, but that is all. There were five in our party, one fish fry, one fish casino style, one burger and one chicken sandwich were ordered, nothing too complicated or anything that would take too long. Our experience at Amigo's took over two hours. We waited over 45 minutes after our salads were served. When the food came my frish was a little cold and my husband wanted to return it but I didn't want to have to wait another 45 minutes so I just ate it, plus at that point I was starving.

We have met the owner on other visits to the bar so my husband went to speak with her, she bought us either a drink or dessert which was very nice of her but the service was terrible. We were informed that someone walked out on a check and that was the cause of the back up in kitchen. I am unsure how those two relate, but either way we will no longer go back to Amigo's for food. It's really too bad because it is so close to home, but there are so many other restaurants in our area.

3 Thank jeannie1061
buffalo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful service, comfortable, and great food at great price”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I went to Amigos for the first time and was delightfully surprised. The bar is expansive with a great variety of drinks and especially wines. The staff was extremely friendly and even though we had a loud kind of boisterous party, they handled the situation very well. Lucky for us it was prime rib night, and the prime rib was the best I had in years with excellent au jus, twice baked potato etc...the apps were great. I went for the old standby and my favorite, french onion soup...I licked the bowl...all in all, I will be back at Amigos again and have recommended it to even my most snobbiest of friends!

1 Thank schmooey22