“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Noon Mark Diner

Noon Mark Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Long Island
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best in the area for breakfast. They'll let you order ala carte any of their items on the menu, not the usual "combos". For instance if you want one pancake, one egg and a sausage patty, not a problem. (also less expensive, that way) The whole wheat blueberry pancakes are great. Carry all the NYC papers and have great pies to take away.

Visited May 2013

Logan, Utah
“It's a Diner.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been here several times passing through and with friends. I think it's fine for breakfast--many options, donuts and muffins are great. Standard homefries and eggs-type plates. Pies are good pies. Not the best I've had, but not bad either. I've heard rumors that they are not 100% homemade anymore, that may or may not be true.

Dinner and lunch are pretty so-so. The menu is the type of food you can make yourself fairly easily (grilled cheese, cheeseburger, meatloaf). I have had their quiche for dinner, though, and that was pretty darn good. No credit cards under $10 it was last time I ate there.

Not a cute restaurant. Cluttered, usually fairly clean but sometimes the tables need attention. Odd assortment of groceries for sale near the bathrooms. Some of the waitstaff are very friendly (like the dark-haired young woman with glasses) but some I have had are near evil and you have to kinda fight for what you need. Keene Valley is limited in restaurants though so this is where you'll have to get breakfast (the Green Point Bakery, though, is very good and only 1/2 mile away).

• Visited January 2013
Albany, New York
“A regular stop on our way to LP”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We always stop on our way to Lake Placid. Very good diner food with great baked goods. The apple turnovers are fantastic and the service has always been friendly.

• Visited April 2013
Saranac Lake, New York
“Great Roadside Stop”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stopped here on the way home from an early drop off in Albany, NY. It felt as though the food brought me back to life...

Upon entering, there were only two other guests in the establishment and it was very, very quiet. I sat at a table in the back corner and pulled out my book. (As I was in the climax of the novel, I was content to be settled for a while and have a nice, relaxing breakfast.) The server was exceptionally nice and warm. I ordered steak and eggs, which came with breakfast potatoes and toast (wheat). Not expecting the portion to be as large as it was, I also ordered a side of the breakfast sausage.

After placing my order, back into my book I went. I wasn't away very long, as my food came out quickly. My steak was a PERFECT medium rare. My eggs were a PERFECT over easy. Yum, yum and yum. The breakfast sausage was absolutely delicious.

My server continued to be a gem as my coffee cup was never cold nor anywhere near empty.

Enjoying the last bits of my novel and this well portioned breakfast brought me back to my normal self. (Having been up since dawn and on the road way too early, I wasn't feeling very well and needed something to boost my spirits and my blood sugar.)

The only caveat is that my steak could have been seasoned a little better, but if that is the only issue I will have at a restaurant, I will take it and tell a friend. Good price point. Great portion size. And a small town welcome that you don't find too often anymore. If coming through Keene Valley, it is worth a visit for some home cooked goodness.

• Visited February 2013
Tupper Lake, New York
“Noon Mark”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We haveeaten at the Noon Mark several times. They have really greay soups, byrgers and desserts. Their ice cream is really yummy. You won't be disappointed if you decide to eat here.