“My "home away from home."”
Review of Keene Valley Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keene Valley
Keene Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keene Valley
Florida
“My "home away from home."”
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Recently returned from my annual 3-week stay at the Keene Valley Lodge and enjoyed every thing and every hour of my visit. This was my 6th consecutive year of staying at the Keene Valley Lodge in the Notman Suite. It is the only unit in the Lodge complete with kitchen, living room, dining room, bedroom, bath and outdoor patio....all well-maintained and well-furnished. I now refer to it as "my home away from home".

The lodge is more that a B and B...it is a place to relax, breath clean air, read a book, admire the beautiful flower beds, play chess, visit with other guests, take a hot bath and relax your sore muscles in preparation for the next day activities. George and Laurie (Inn Keeper and Owners) and the staff are very knowledgeable about all local activities. They know from experience the mountain trails, ski trails, swimming holes, fly-fishing holes,. canoe and kayak activities, art shows, library activities, museums in the North Country, etc, and will share their knowledge......ask and you shall receive.

In visiting with Keene Valley Lodge guests I realize that many families return OFTEN. They too have discovered the comfort and pleasure of staying at the Keene Valley Lodge...my "home away from home".

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
western NY
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My husband and I first stayed at The Keene Valley Lodge seven years ago. We fell in love with the place and have returned every year, sometimes alone (when we can manage it), often with our children, who have also come to love the KVL. The breakfasts there are...well, is "legendary" too grand a word? Homemade muffins, packed with fresh fruit, coffee cake (and coffee) to die for, whole grain breads, organic oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit and yummy scrambled eggs for the protein-conscious hiker. It's been our base of operations, and our carrot-on-the-stick for many post-backpacking stays. The town and the innkeepers have never been less than charming, marvelous, and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Just returned from a two night stay. The queen size bed in room #4
Was SHOT. It creaked and groaned and I constantly rolled to the side.
A creaky old inn with uneven wooden floors is quaint. A worn out mattress
at $100.00 a night is NOT. Breakfast ok but those powdered eggs. UGH!!
Also the traffic noise is irritating especially with open windows.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
kvlodge, Owner at Keene Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Room 4 now has a brand new memory foam mattress. Perhaps it was an off day for our eggs but I guarantee they are real scrambled eggs that we buy by the dozen, crack open into a frying pan and then add New York State aged cheddar cheese before serving. We usually gets lots of compliments on them and have had several guests ask me for the recipe.

We are on a main street in a town so road noise can be of some concern at times.
Southington,Connecticut
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My nineteen year old and I stayed at Keene Valley as a jump off point for a backpacking trip in the high peaks. Our only dissapointment was that we did not have more time to relax in the Inn before leaving. The oversized living room is very cozy with a huge fireplace, lots of interesting local literature, and all kinds of Adirondacks reference information to help you plan and enjoy your outings.
Although my 19 year old's appetite is nearly impossible to satisfy, Georges breakfast of hot oatmeal,muffins,fresh fruit, yogurt ,etc. was plentiful and did the trick.
The room and beds were comfortable and we slept very well. The bathroom was modern and roomy.
The location is very convenient to restaurants and trail heads.
Most important was the assistance with our hiking plans. Various guide books we had referred to provided inconsistent information about trail conditions, such as the status of the cables on Gothics. George made calls for us and got the exact information we needed to start our trek with confidence. We also had an issue with our car and George and his wfie could not have been more accomodating in helping us out.
We recommend Keene Valley Inn to anyone staying in the area, particularly those interested in staying with Inn Keepers very familiar with the outdoor opportunities in the High Peaks Region.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Oxford, UK
Reviewed February 18, 2009

The Keene Valley Lodge was everything my partner and I were looking for. The room was simple, yet clean and comfortable. The building has a good character, and the breakfasts were full and nutritious. The hosts were kind enough to allow us the use of the kitchen, and since we were on a budget, this was a big plus factor.

The eating options in town are good; the Ausable Inn providing typical grilled meat faire, and the Noonmark Diner being the best place for deserts.

If you're looking for somewhere basic, clean, and comfortable, and are looking to hike on a budget, the Keene Valley Lodge is ideal.

Additionally, the KVL is very easy to access by public transport; we travelled from New York in around 4 hours by bus.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Afula, Israel
Reviewed September 12, 2008

We are a family of 6 and we slept in Beede Suite at the lodge.The house is old and beautiful and very well kept, the rooms were very nicely furnished, comfortable and clean. The common areas spacious and inviting. The atmosphere was freindly, open, welcome, many small details that gave the feeling that guests are really welcome and made us feel at home without being attended to at all hours.In fact the only time we saw the owners was at breakfast, which was delisious and wholesome.
The owners were very helpful and informative about the area.
We had a wonderful stay

• Liked — Welcoming easygoing atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fairport, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My family stayed here for 3 nights while we were in the Adirondacks doing some hiking. We enjoyed our stay very much. The breakfasts were hearty and filling...we especially liked the thick oats with the assortment of healthy toppings. My older daughter looked forward to the various baked goods and variety of fruit everyday. My younger daughter drank her fill of hot chocolate whenever we got back from a cool mountain! We stayed in the Notman suite, complete with a small kitchenette. Had I been more organized, I would've done more dinner cooking, but it was very nice to have it. The suite was very quiet and comfortable. One lunch time we were visited by a family of deer. We enjoyed the inn very much!

• Liked — quiet, close to the mountains
  • Disliked — ????
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
#17 of 31 in Lake Placid
RoosterComb Inn
RoosterComb Inn
#3 of 4 in Keene Valley

Been to Keene Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!