“Snow Goose”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keene Valley
Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Keene Valley B&B and Inns
Gilmanton, NH
“Snow Goose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Snow Goose is a wonderful B & B near all of the great hikes and photo opportunities. It is also conveniently near Lake Placid and Lake Champlain. The rooms are very tastefully decorated in the Adirondack style. I stayed in the Legacies room and would have enjoyed the kitchenette if I had stayed more than one night. All of the great comments about the breakfast are true! It was healthy and gourmet and a nice time to meet the other guests and warm conversation with Amy. After I left, I got a call from Amy that I had left my earrings. Unfortunately, I had already crossed Lake Champlain on the ferry to Vermont, so she very graciously mailed them to me. That is indicative of the kind of personal and caring touch by the owners of the Snow Goose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast before so I was a bit wary when my boyfriend and I decided to stay at one on our vacation. We absolutely made the right decision! Our stay was perfect! Wayne and Amy are amazing and took such good care of us! Our room was beautiful and it felt like we were at home. Each morning our breakfast was great and so was the conversation. They gave us so many ideas of where to go! If you're out there make sure you eat at the Noon Mark! Incredible food! We can't wait to book another stay at the Snow Goose and it was because of our stay with Wayne and Amy and our time in the Adirondacks that my boyfriend and I have decided that we want to celebrate our wedding there! Incredible place and incredible stay! Thank you so much for helping us make this a trip we will never forget! We will see you September 2014!

Room Tip: All three rooms are great! Each has their own bathroom and you can't hear your neighbors at all!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a perfect couple of days! Perfect spot for "home base" for hiking! The value is great. The rooms are clean. Amy and Wayne are awesome hosts! The breakfasts are delicious. What more could you want? We have already booked our next stay!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Brucejul
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the delightful Legacies room on the main floor. We like this room as after a full day of hiking, stairs are not really our friend. We also like it because of the kitchen. It's great to have your own little fridge for things morning and night. This room also has your own private entrance.

Every time I visit the Snow Goose, I am amazed at the house-keeping. Everything is so tidy and clean.

The air conditioning unit was a real plus too. July brought us 90 degree heat, and most B&B's in Adirondacks do not offer air conditioning.

We will be back again... think this was at least our 4th stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ADK_Dreamer
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Snow Goose B&B has a fresh, warm interior that is very welcoming. The rooms are clean, cool, and spacious. Breakfast is wonderful and full of homemade recipies, freshly baked. There is pleanty to do in the area and the owners are full of knowledge and ideas about the area. You will not be bored. You will be treated like a member of the family and you will NOT want to go home! My family and I hope to return to the area and will ABSOLUTLY plan on staying at Snow Goose again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PirateBarrett
Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I spent 5 restful nights in Harmonies room, a large comfortable room with adjacent large closet area and big bathroom that includes a large, deep, sparkling-clean vintage tub with shower. The room includes an electric fireplace, that was nice for heat and atmosphere on a couple of rainy nights. The double bed has luxury linens, mattress, and pillows that also are very comfortable. The room is perfect for a single like me or a couple; a spare bed is also available for a third occupant. I chose not to stay where the bulk of the wedding guests stayed; I sought out a quiet refuge for me during a long wedding weekend with many scheduled activities. The Snow Goose is near the main road, restaurants, stores, the private clubs and other lodging, and hiking trails, yet blissfully secluded (and quiet) by many huge trees, flowers, and large boulders (I'm an ex-geologist and appreciated the natural rocks' beauty). There are cozy spots to sit and read or just think on the large covered porch in rocking Adirondack chairs, in the main room, and in the library/TV/video room. Harmonies was a large bedroom with electric fireplace (great for both heat and atmosphere on a couple chilly, rainy nights), a large closet area, and large bath with big (appeared vintage) tub with a shower. 2 large windows (with morning sunlight) in the bedroom and one in the bath area (with a view of trees and nature) made Harmonies a pleasant area to be in during the day -- I had one rainy day when I did not participate in wedding optional activities and just hibernated with a book, Sunday NY Times and crossword, and internet games. The Snow Goose has WiFi! The double bed had quality yet comfortable linens, mattress, and pillows; the towels also were quality, and there was a desk for my laptop. Innkeepers Amy and Wayne will accommodate your special requests and diet needs. They made their guests feel as comfortable as favorite friends on a visit. Breakfast each day was a delicious hot dish supplemented by healthy cereals, whole-grain breads and toaster, Greek yogurt, quality local fresh-ground coffee (also a coffee maker and coffee in the guest rooms), juice, fresh fruit. The Snow Goose exceeded all my high expectations. I hope I have another trip to Keene Valley someday; I'll stay at the Snow Goose again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TXRed
Hamburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed in the Snow Goose B&B for 3 nights and we really loved this beautiful and comfortable place. Everything was clean and nicely done up. Our room (Passage) had a fireplace and a recamier. The periphery was quiet, surrounded by wood, very beautiful. Amy, our host, gave us a warm welcome and provided us with all the recommendations we need for diner and hiking trails. The breakfast, Amy made for us, was delicious. There were self made pancakes, french toast and quiche with local maple syrup and bacon. It was sooo yummy, best american breakfast we had in our holiday. A lot of hiking trails start nearby the B&B, that was pleasent. We hope to visit this B&B soon again and we warmly recommend to stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Upper Jay
RoosterComb Inn
RoosterComb Inn
#3 of 4 in Keene Valley

Been to Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!