“Our favourite place to stay in Keene Valley”

Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Keene Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the delightful Legacies room on the main floor. We like this room as after a full day of hiking, stairs are not really our friend. We also like it because of the kitchen. It's great to have your own little fridge for things morning and night. This room also has your own private entrance.

Every time I visit the Snow Goose, I am amazed at the house-keeping. Everything is so tidy and clean.

The air conditioning unit was a real plus too. July brought us 90 degree heat, and most B&B's in Adirondacks do not offer air conditioning.

We will be back again... think this was at least our 4th stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ADK_Dreamer

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Snow Goose B&B has a fresh, warm interior that is very welcoming. The rooms are clean, cool, and spacious. Breakfast is wonderful and full of homemade recipies, freshly baked. There is pleanty to do in the area and the owners are full of knowledge and ideas about the area. You will not be bored. You will be treated like a member of the family and you will NOT want to go home! My family and I hope to return to the area and will ABSOLUTLY plan on staying at Snow Goose again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PirateBarrett
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I spent 5 restful nights in Harmonies room, a large comfortable room with adjacent large closet area and big bathroom that includes a large, deep, sparkling-clean vintage tub with shower. The room includes an electric fireplace, that was nice for heat and atmosphere on a couple of rainy nights. The double bed has luxury linens, mattress, and pillows that also are very comfortable. The room is perfect for a single like me or a couple; a spare bed is also available for a third occupant. I chose not to stay where the bulk of the wedding guests stayed; I sought out a quiet refuge for me during a long wedding weekend with many scheduled activities. The Snow Goose is near the main road, restaurants, stores, the private clubs and other lodging, and hiking trails, yet blissfully secluded (and quiet) by many huge trees, flowers, and large boulders (I'm an ex-geologist and appreciated the natural rocks' beauty). There are cozy spots to sit and read or just think on the large covered porch in rocking Adirondack chairs, in the main room, and in the library/TV/video room. Harmonies was a large bedroom with electric fireplace (great for both heat and atmosphere on a couple chilly, rainy nights), a large closet area, and large bath with big (appeared vintage) tub with a shower. 2 large windows (with morning sunlight) in the bedroom and one in the bath area (with a view of trees and nature) made Harmonies a pleasant area to be in during the day -- I had one rainy day when I did not participate in wedding optional activities and just hibernated with a book, Sunday NY Times and crossword, and internet games. The Snow Goose has WiFi! The double bed had quality yet comfortable linens, mattress, and pillows; the towels also were quality, and there was a desk for my laptop. Innkeepers Amy and Wayne will accommodate your special requests and diet needs. They made their guests feel as comfortable as favorite friends on a visit. Breakfast each day was a delicious hot dish supplemented by healthy cereals, whole-grain breads and toaster, Greek yogurt, quality local fresh-ground coffee (also a coffee maker and coffee in the guest rooms), juice, fresh fruit. The Snow Goose exceeded all my high expectations. I hope I have another trip to Keene Valley someday; I'll stay at the Snow Goose again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TXRed
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed in the Snow Goose B&B for 3 nights and we really loved this beautiful and comfortable place. Everything was clean and nicely done up. Our room (Passage) had a fireplace and a recamier. The periphery was quiet, surrounded by wood, very beautiful. Amy, our host, gave us a warm welcome and provided us with all the recommendations we need for diner and hiking trails. The breakfast, Amy made for us, was delicious. There were self made pancakes, french toast and quiche with local maple syrup and bacon. It was sooo yummy, best american breakfast we had in our holiday. A lot of hiking trails start nearby the B&B, that was pleasent. We hope to visit this B&B soon again and we warmly recommend to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Snow Goose. Having never stayed at a bed and breakfast, I was not entirely sure what to expect. As soon as we arrived, Amy warmly greeted us and showed us around. I could tell from the get go that she really wanted to make sure that our stay was enjoyable and that she was willing to go the extra mile if we needed anything! Our room was lovely (we stayed in the Harmonies room) with a beautiful bathroom. Breakfast was, to be brief, AMAZING! We had 2 types of quiche and poached pears in vanilla sauce one day followed by yummy apple pecan pancakes with yogurt parfaits the next. Amy is accomodating to vegetarians which was great. This place is also located close to many hiking trails! Will stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were only here for one night, but it seemed like a lovely B&B, run by an incredibly lovely family. Comfy bed in a nice, spacious room. Maybe could have been a touch warmer, but, in fairness, it was literally 0 degrees in town - I’m not sure it's an entirely fair day to judge that. Delicious, inventive breakfast with several options and healthy choices. Well located for visiting Lake Placid/Whiteface… wish we had more time here, and would definitely stay again if we come back to the area. If you are not a downhill skier, the nearby Cascade Cross-Country Ski Center is a great place for X-Country or Snowshoeing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We visited this great B&B in summer 2012. We stayed there for 3 nights. Amy and Wayne were excellent hosts.
Rooms are big, clean and very quiet. Breakfast was great.
If need be Amy or Wayne are happy to assist you with picking ideal hiking trails for you. There are also several books about the area in the common room.
Overall probably the best B&B we have visited so far.

Room Tip: There is one room with an extra entree from the porch. We stayed at this one and it was super awesom...