“lovely stay”

Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Keene Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We visited this great B&B in summer 2012. We stayed there for 3 nights. Amy and Wayne were excellent hosts.
Rooms are big, clean and very quiet. Breakfast was great.
If need be Amy or Wayne are happy to assist you with picking ideal hiking trails for you. There are also several books about the area in the common room.
Overall probably the best B&B we have visited so far.

Room Tip: There is one room with an extra entree from the porch. We stayed at this one and it was super awesom...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our very first stay at a B&B and I HIGHLY recommend the Snow Goose. Amy and Wayne are amazing innkeepers and are the nicest people, and the BEST cooks! From the moment we walked in the door, she made us feel welcomed. She gave us great recommendations for food, hiking, and anything else you can think of. They allowed us to borrow their sleds so we were able to sled down the road! Breakfast on Friday consisted of cereal, bread, fruit and yogurt and she also made a Banana/Blueberry Oatmeal Brule that was to die for!! On Saturday we had two different types of quiche and on Sunday we had Pecan Praline French Toast! AMAZING!! The rooms are spacious with a private bath and the most comfortable bed. We enjoyed the electric fireplace in the room. It is a perfect location that is not right in Lake Placid so you are able to enjoy being outside of the town which is nice since you are closer to more hiking areas. Amy always asked how our day was and what our plans were. Cannot say enough good things about the Snow Goose! It is a great experience to meet other guests as well. Our 3 night stay was one we will always remember. Thank you Amy and Wayne! We love the Snow Goose!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Snow Goose for a few winter days. The scenery is beautiful, the rooms comfy, and the gourmet home-cooked breakfasts were delicious and unique and served in a cozy environment.

More importantly, Amy and Wayne are amazing, kind, generous, and caring hosts--the very model of good hospitality and just plain good people. When the weather was stormy, Amy and Wayne made sure to check in on us and went out of their way to make sure everyone had everything they needed and was taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at the Snow Goose. My birthday this year came at a pretty inconvenient time but I was desperate to get away for even one night. I'm so glad I spent it there. The weather was terrible and I didn't have much time but Amy & Wayne were so welcoming. They even had a card and small birthday gift waiting for me when I arrived. They are excellent hosts and tremendously nice people.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor has a small kitchenette and access to the porch in warm weather.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Amy and Wayne are the prefect hosts. Our rooms were comfortable and the breakfast terrific. I'm a picky eater and I was totally satisfied. From home baked muffins to fresh omelets, Wayne didn't miss a detail. Eating by the fireplace was certainly a plus!

They are both so knowledgeable about the outdoor activities in the area. Amy recommended we rent our snoe shoes from the Mountaineer in town and snow shoe at the Brewster Peninsula. Both great ideas!!

A+!!! We will be back. Thanks, Amy and Wayne!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I desparately needed a weekend away after a summer of biking and camping trips. It was nice to get away with nothing but our hiking boots and poles. Amy and Wayne were the best host and hostess of any B&B we have ever stayed in. Amy was very interested in what we intended to do and how early we were getting up for breakfast and they were very accommodating if we wanted a different time. She also asked if we had any food allergies or food that we didn't eat. We try to avoid wheat and they were able to make us delicious breakfasts without wheat! Our room with the kitchenette was perfect because we really wanted to be able to prepare other meals in our room if we didn't want to go out to eat. The Inn is very close to several trailheads and you can even hike into the network right from the backyard! We enjoyed ourselves and their company so much we were sad to leave! We will be going back when we get more time, perhaps in the spring!

Room Tip: Legacies has a kitchenette which was perfect for us because we don't like to go out all the time...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at the Snow Goose B&B. Our room (Harmonies) was spacious, quiet and charming. It would be nice to replace one of the desk chairs with a comfy upholstered chair more conducive to reading although you can make yourself at home in the living room or TV room. In order to not wake my husband, I took advantage of using the table & chair on the upstairs landing each morning for my quick internet updates. I heartily recommend being here for at least one weekend breakfast -- great presentation and oh so delicious. Amy & Wayne are great hosts, providing helpful recommendations on restaurants, trails and local information; Amy even drove us to the Rooster Comb trailhead so we were able to hike back to the inn. (There are lots of trails nearby.)

We are looking forward to returning soon. Next time we'll probably request the Passages room with the larger bed. We would love to be able to take advantage of the beautiful porch -- it was a bit too cool for that in November.

FYI, the only toiletry in the room was soap. I hadn't brought shampoo, but Amy provided a bottle for our use as soon as I asked.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Keene
ADK Trail Inn
ADK Trail Inn
#1 of 1 in Upper Jay

Been to Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!