“Great place all around”

ADK Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Keene
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great place all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for fresh, homemade food, excellent all around staff, dining and an experience this is your place.

Lake Placid, New York
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

A friend and myself stopped at the restaurant on the way back from Schroon Lake, No place mats on table, no silver ware, We got a menu and noticed no prices on it for any thing. We went and ordered a Ruben and a burger with cheese and bacon, fires and 2 sodas. My friend had to ask for a fork, I was never offered one. We never got a napkin to wipe the face with so I guess the sleeve of the shirt is what that is for. The fact they do not take checks was not a huge problem but was a bit taken aback by the total of over $30 for the meal. My friend was treating and felt this was a but steep and decided that he was not doing a tip...

I witnessed another person wiping tables with window cleaner, I worked in food service and can tell you that you don't clean tables with a spry bottle of window cleaner and you for certain don't spray a table next to folks who are eating still.....

I frankly was not impressed and feel that those who have posted with positive views are not from around here. I had head a lot of advertising for the place on a local radio station which is why I suggested we stop there but after this experience I can almost for sure say never again....

Unless you have lots of money and like surprises such as the price of a meal then give this place a pass.

Middletown
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stopped here for lunch after leaving Lake Placid. Cute little restaurant with amazing food. Had their special, garlic scape sandwich with mozzarella and corn. Absolutely delicious! Definitely try their homemade mac and cheese, you'll want to eat the whole bowl! Great prices, but they only accept credit/debit cards, no cash. Perfect spot to stop when passing through.

New Bern, North Carolina
“No cash here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the first restaurant I've been to that only takes credit cards or debit cards. Not a problem but strange.
The place was busy on a Saturday for lunch.
The selections are varied and the price is right.
We enjoyed a cup of Gazpacho ($5), the chicken salad sandwich ($8) and the Grilled Cheese with Bacon ($6).
Our waiter was new so there were a few snafu's...but no big deal.

Brooklyn, New York
“Absolute best place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Awesome food, fantastic service, just remember to bring your credit card! Adk Cafe needs to open a branch in Newcombe!

Visited August 2013