“Slow Service very Pricey”
Review of ADK Cafe

ADK Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Keene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My dish (salad entree) was tastey but for the price it was nothing to brag about. Totally Vegen. The other entrees were so expensive I just skipped over them. We were all very hungry and had to wait a long time for our meal. My friend got a meat entree but it was close to $25.00, that is way above my budget. So wait until you get to Lake Placid if you do not want to spend a lot or wait forever for your meal. As an added note, I thought the inside was quite dingy.

1  Thank seri4509

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Perfect late summer meal - I'm so happy with the ADK. I wanted something delicious, healthy, and not too heavy as it was late for me. The evening special I selected was a salad with garlic roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh cut corn with a perfectly seasoned/cooked grilled salmon. The dressing was zesty and lemony. It hit the spot. I love that we were able to sit out on the porch on a beautiful summer night. Our server was delightful.

2  Thank ID-twentyone
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We came in at the end of a busy Sunday afternoon lunch shift, so the kitchen taking a bit much time and the potential for a mistake are not surprising. Lunch started out great. There was a gazpacho that was stunningly fresh and zesty. It was as good as I could have done in my home kitchen with a veg garden a few steps away. Then things went bad. We ordered Tempeh Rubins with the note: "Hold the cheese and anything else to make them vegan." The sandwiches arrived slathered in a mayo-based dressing and grilled in butter. The waitress asked if the sauerkraut was OK. Yes, Sauerkraut is vegan. We passed the time waiting for the sandwiches to be redone by eating cold, oil-slogged fries (had some hope for these as they were a potentially nice mix of sweet and white potatoes). Rubin redux was sans mayo, but still grilled in butter. Vegan and English comprehension issues aside, this Tempeh Rubin boldly featured one astonishingly thin slice of tempeh. We were amazed tempeh could be sliced so thin. We were unaware of the Global Tempeh Shortage rendering the stuff rare as red diamonds.

2  Thank Jim V
Reviewed August 10, 2012

On a Week long family vacation we got tired of eating out. Found this place toward end of trip and it hit the spot. Homemade, super friendly, rustic and casual. Great atmosphere for families. This will be a first and frequent stop on our next trip. Wish we would have found it sooner!

2  Thank Gr84Fam
Reviewed August 9, 2012

All fresh foods made on the premises. Everything we had was wonderful. The staff was very helpful in hike recommendations.

2  Thank LFS125