“Great service and atmosphere”

Baxter Mountain Tavern
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Keene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Eastford, Connecticut
“Great service and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Excellent friendly service. Waitress was awesome. Cozy atmosphere. Warm and inviting. From CT and we go there every time we go to the area. Food is consistently good.

New York City, New York
“truly awful food”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We went to the Baxter Mountain Tavern two years ago and it was typical tavern --- not bad. This time the food was truly awful. I had a chicken dish and everything about it was artificial and tasteless -- tenderized and tastless chicken, tomato sauce out of a can and cheese food mozzarella, accompanied by made from a mix rice. All for $19. My spouse has pasta with eggplant which was somewat better but far from good. There are many better options in the area.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Eileen B
Amherst, MA
“Super friendly staff---great ambience”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

On a recent visit to the Adirondacks to hike I stopped twice at this tavern and restaurant. The first night the bartender was an absolute delight. She made me feel like a local. I had dinner at the bar and the food was good--better than normal pub grub. There is also a nice dining area and best of all, a couch in front of a roaring fireplace. I sipped my beer in front of the fire and just soaked up the cozy feeling of the place.
The second time I went there there was a different bartender and he was just as friendly, helpful and nice. My sandwich was the special and it was very good.

• Visited November 2011
Jay, New York
“Great food in a cozy environment”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The tavern doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside, it is very charming. The staff was attentive and the food was delicious. I ordered the special and my companion ordered off the menu. Everything was great. It's a little pricey, but everyplace in the north country is pricey. I will be back.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Local G
cleveland ohio, USA
“After Hike Dinner”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This was exactly what we wanted, after a long hiking day. This establishment had a local Adirondack feeling with very helpful and cheerful staff. We appreciate the host finding us a table on a Friday night with no reservation. The waitress was always available.

My friend is a gourmet cook at home, and he was happy with the food. Especially good is the smoked trout and spinach appetizer. We did not want a fried food appetizer. I devoured my fettucine with eggplant. Everything fresh and well prepared.

• Visited September 2011