Rudding Park Hotel
Premier Inn Harrogate South Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$97
PremierInn.com
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$72
Travelocity
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$128
$120
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$145
$130
  • Restaurant
Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa(Knaresborough)(Great Value!)
$105
Travelodge
$116
$110
  • Restaurant
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$78
4,883 results
All reviewsclocktower restaurantthe clock tower restaurantspa roomnew winggolf breakfollifoot wingmolton brown toiletrieshappy birthdayevery member of staffspecial occasionon arrivalbottle of champagneroll top bathfrom start to finishamazing hotelnothing is too much troubleupgraded to a suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Having travelled extensively both in the UK and overseas for many years, Rudding Park was very special due to the quality of everything and the friendliness of all the staff. We made the booking at short notice and stayed from 2 to 4 March 2013 and we were absolutely delighted with our stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is the first review we have ever written. We felt we wanted to write about Rudding Park.

A group of 6 of us (3 couples) decided to go away looking for a spa weekend, excellent food, a good laugh and to have a relaxing break. Given its rating we were all looking for a hotel and experience that reflected this. Unfortunately, this hotel was not it!

Good points:
Standard of food in the Clock tower
Rooms were ok.
Reception staff very friendly
Pleasant setting
Massage in the spa.

Bad points
The bar was soulless, staff rude and frankly didn't want to serve you, pretentious and unwelcoming and cold. We waited 15 minutes for our drinks when the bar was practically empty.
Rooms were small (with no mini bar) and overpriced.
No swimming pool in the spa, refund given for pedicure due to cut feet.
Limited menu in Clock tower.
Lobby, bar and restaurant were cold.
Breakfast served cold on both days to different guests in party (haddock and a full English).
We got a puncture in car park from glass and had to have it repaired during our break at our own inconvenience and cost.

Overall, we left feeling we had an average time. Give me Celtic Manor and many more places over this any day of the week!

1  Thank Richard T
RuddingPark, Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Rudding Park and for taking the time to share your views with the Tripadvisor community for the first time.

I am aware that you have already discussed the issues which you have raised in your review with our Guest Services Manager, Stephen Mahon. By way of explanation only due to the large volume of guests coming in and out of the automatic doors unfortunately, the temperature dropped in the lobby due to the extremely cold winds. We do have an open fire lit and the heating on full at all times to keep our guests warm.

At Rudding Park, guest service is incredibly important to us and making our guests feel welcome is fundamental. As such I was shocked to read that you had been made to feel otherwise while drinking in the Clocktower bar and can only apologise for this. I have of course shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager, Stephane Legendre who was equally as disappointed that the standards upon which we pride ourselves were not met on this occasion. Stephane has assured me that he has retrained all his staff and reminded them of the serious consequences of their actions. I can assure you that such an occurrence will not be repeated.

We are very proud of our Spa and feel we have created a relaxing and welcoming place where guests can escape and unwind and as such I was devastated to read that you didn’t enjoy your pedicure. I have since spoken with our Spa Manager, Kelly-Anne Head and she has assured me that all her staff have now been retrained to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. With regards to your comment about a swimming pool, we are continually assessing the facilities we have at Rudding Park for our guests and I am pleased to be able to tell you that we are considering the possibility of a swimming pool in our future plans.

When you have a suitable date in mind please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee your reservation and demonstrate that your unfortunate experience was the exception to the rule.

Thank you once again for staying with us at Rudding Park and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Nuno César de Sá
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have just returned from a very enjoyable trip to Rudding Park as part of a wedding party.
Positives: the staff are brilliant, incredibly attentive and accomodating (we were able to book into our room at 11am) the rooms are comfortable, the wedding was very well planned from start to finish.
Negatives: (these points are minor and only meant as constructive critisism)
When we arrived it was very cold-several inches of snow had fallen and the reception area was busy checking in & checking out. Consequently our ten minute wait to check in was uncomfortably cold. The fire was lit, but the doors were open much of the time and as we were only able to queue in front of the open doors, due to the volume of people, it was quite unpleasant. Perhaps a member of staff would be better placed on the doors to ensure they stay shut.
The wedding banqueting room, was also very cool throughout the service and meal. Our table-(directly next to the doors) was so cold, all the female guests wore their husbands jackets. My mother in law, on the top table, next to the large windows, was seen at one point, wearing a blanket! I appreciate the weather was unusual for the time of year, but when the matter was brought to the attention of staff, they seemed unable to help.
The food overall was very good, but I do feel vegetarians are a little neglected. This is more than likely down to wedding package choice, but my meal failed to impress. The vegetarian canape option consisted of tempura vegetables, which were very greasy and soggy. The main meal can only be described as pureed veg wrapped with savoy cabbage leaves, served with green beans. As I was at a wedding, I did not complain, but I did feel a little hard done by, as my fellow diners tucked into lamb shank, gorgeous potatoes and veg. To satisfy my rumbling tummy later, a very brilliant member of staff nipped off to the kitchen and brought me four slices of toast with butter & jam! On the plus side the breakfast was lovely.
My last gripe is one that has been mentioned on here before. I have no issue with a mini bar, but I do feel the odd complimentary biscuit wouldn't go amiss. I loved the Molton Brown in the bathroom, but when I fancied a biscuit to dunk in my tea, I had the option of spending £5 on a tube of shortbread, or calling room service for some at £1 per head. When I go away, frankly, I don't want staff at my door. I must say this hotel redeemed themselves over the biscuit issue when an hour into our stay they arrived, unprompted with a big cookie for my little girl...to share with mummy......
Lovely place. Lovely setting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Rudding Park and for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your experience.

We were pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your lovely comments with regards to our ‘brilliant, incredibly attentive and accommodating’ staff. We really try our best to ensure all our guest’s needs are met and are pleased that despite a few ‘minor criticisms’ you had a pleasant stay.

We were sorry to read that you were cold during your visit and can only apologise for this. With regards to the reception area we do have an open fire lit and the heaters on at all times during the day to keep warm. The front doors are automatic and with the volume of guests coming in and out unfortunately the temperature dropped due to the extremely cold winds. This also made it exceptionally cold in the house and with the main doors being used by the smokers at the wedding the cold will have crept in and unfortunately the draft comes straight through into the banqueting rooms.

We are also extremely sorry that you were disappointed with the vegetation options served at the wedding. I have of course shared your comments with our Conference and Banqueting Head Chef, Paul Mackie, who was equally as disappointed that the food was not to your taste and would have been more than happy to prepare you an alternative dish. We were pleased to read that later on you were served some jam on toast and hope that this did not mar what was otherwise a very happy occasion.

Finally, the answer you have been waiting for… yes we will give you biscuits to dunk in your tea! We want you to feel at home at Rudding Park and have therefore made a note on your personal file to ensure that on your next visit we place a selection of biscuits in your room prior to your arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rudding Park in the near future.

With Kind Regards

The Rudding Park Team

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at Rudding Park Hotel for 2 nights over this weekend for a family wedding, and had a brilliant time.
All the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive without being over the top. They were always available if needed.
Or room, 268, was very modern with good quality furniture and fittings, very well maintained. Fine for a 2 night stay, though we felt you would need more storage if staying for longer. The bathroom was excellent, with a full walk in shower as well as a hand shower for the roll-top bath.
All the lighting was very wizzy, as it was digitally controlled, but easy to master. Free Wi-Fi & huge TV.
Public rooms were also modern and well planned and furnished.
The only slight down side was that the food was not quite up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. It was good hearty fare, but not as well presented or special as expected in such lovely surroundings. Though their breakfast smoothies were good, and the evening menu mentioned how many miles it took all the food stuffs to get to the Hotel, which was a very good touch.
We could not get out into the grounds as there was a lot of unseasonal snow, but they looked amazing too. And the welcoming log fire in reception was wonderful.
The wedding was held partly in the ballroom in the older part of the building, and then a blessing in the beautiful chapel in the grounds. Wonderful atmosphere.
And the party afterwards was great!
We will definitely return for another break to Harrogate, and will stay at Rudding Park again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 268 which was very good
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here on the weekend 16th March, and was absolutely bowled over by the level of service provided by the staff at the hotel. We were there for a wedding and stayed the full weekend where nothing was too much trouble and every whim was catered for.
The rooms were lovely, we stayed in a lower level room level with the gardens, and whilst I didnt find the beds the best to sleep in, the room had the added bonus of SKY SPORTS channels as well as all the other usual extras that a hotel of this standard provides. The shower was a real power shower and would certainly blow any cobwebs away if needed!!
I had mixed experiences with the breakfast, the first day being not the best, however on our second day it was outstanding!! Again though the service around it all was first class!!
As far as the drinks were concerned at the bar though, I found them to be over priced, but its no real difference from any other hotel of this standard though.
My Girlfriend had her make-up done in their Spa area for the wedding we attended, and she thought for what she could get in Liverpool at a similar place, and the fact she kept having to top her make-up up, she thought it wasnt the best service for the weekend price of £57.
Lovely hotel with possibly the best service Ive ever had, and this more than made up for any slight negatives I had with the place!!

2  Thank johnmc14
RuddingPark, Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Rudding Park on the weekend of the 16th March. We were pleased to read that you had a lovely weekend attending a wedding here.

Our Follifoot Wing rooms are beautiful, with some rooms having the extra bonus of a beautiful outside terrace area. All Follifoot rooms are equipped with a media hub; providing a DVD player, iPod docking station as well as a selection of sky channels (most importantly sky sports… so you can watch the match of the day without even leaving your room) - We were so pleased that you enjoyed this!

Here at Rudding Park guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We try are best to ensure that your needs are catered for so that all you have to do is relax and enjoy your time with us. Thank you for all your wonderful comments with regards to our hotel and service. These have of course been passed on to the relevant staff and departments concerned and are a constant source of motivation to us all.

We were extremely sorry to read that you found the beds uncomfortable. On your next visit please inform us and we will be more than happy to provide you with a mattress topper or foam pillows to ensure that you have a more comfortable stay next time.

Thank you for your comment with regards to our drink prices. We do compare our prices regularly with our local competitors and even though they are likely to be slightly higher than your local public house, they are like you have said reasonably priced in comparison to other hotels of this standard.

Finally, we are sorry that your girlfriend felt her makeover wasn’t the best and can only apologise for this. She might be interested to know that we are in fact getting an exciting new Mii cosmetics range that will be available in the Spa very soon.

Once again, thank you for all your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rudding Park soon, even if it is just for our sky sports channel…

With Kind Regards