“Old fashioned farm and hiking trails”
Review of Muscoot Farm

Muscoot Farm
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Katonah
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not just for little ones, although there are plenty! Farmers market Sundays in summer. Tons of hiking trails. Animals so cute!

1  Thank liza k

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Amazing place to bring kids. Don't bring your dog or expect to pet the animals. A great place to learn about the farm animals, making maple syrup, etc. We love it!

1  Thank KellyKG
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great family place to take the kids. Lots of places to explore and a beautiful old farm that has a sense of history. I have been here many times with scout groups spreading wood chips and doing other community service events and we have always had a good time. Check the kids and yourself for ticks before you leave as there is always one on someone!!

1  Thank Ponygirl1961
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by our time here. I pass this farm often and it doesn't look like much from the road. Also not a fan of their website, nor the fact that you can't feed or pet the animals. However since it is free and only 10 min from my house I figured it was a good way to spend an otherwise uneventful weekday morning. My 19 month old and 4 year old both had a wonderful time! There were so many animals to see and they didn't seem to mind/notice that they couldn't be fed or touched. We made several rounds around the farm to visit our favorites a few times (pig, horses snd cows), and stopped for a snack in the shade of a big tree. We stayed longer than I anticipated (almost 2 hrs) and next time I will bring a picnic lunch and stay even longer. Might be kinda boring for older kids and adults, and my 4 yr old was disappointed she couldn't go on the hayride (for groups only). Can't beat free though! Tips- I didn't bring my stroller but i saw many with so i will bring it next time. And wear sneakers or you'll have dusty & dirty feet!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

As you proceed into farm country, this farm is an eye opener of what is to come. It is a very good educational farm for the young and for those who had never the opportunity to view farm animals in their past. It can be better, but it is a good first stop.