“Terrible Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Johnstown
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The front desk personnel were not at all courteous. The night manager was downright rude. Our rooms were not what we booked and his attitude was" take it or leave it." This hotel was booked through Hotels.com, who also dropped the ball when contacted about the reservation. The hotel itself was fine, but the reservation was screwed up by Hotels.com. This was not acceptable, but being a holiday weekend we were forced to accept what they offered. Do not book through Hotels.com, once they have your money, you won't get any satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank donna8057

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I paid in cash, they still charged my debit card. I called my bank and they said they could solve the problem immediately with a fax. They first told me to wait for the accountant two days later but I informed them I have no cash and haven't even had dinner. They said they'd have a manager handle it in the a.m. Still failing to realize I'm starving , 2.5hrs away from home! They didn't even offer me a roll from their restaurant! Stay here if u want, I'm a union member and I stay on the road in hotels weekly, this is the worst service I've ever had. So I guess I'll eat Thursday night if I have enough gas to get home!

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank Biglew312
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We had a great experience here! We were on a leisurely history-based vacation to see early-American history in the area (William Johnson sites). We booked one night in advance, just to have a place to crash, and as soon as we got to the room, we booked another night. The hotel is really nice; clean and just renovated. The staff was knowledgeable and very helpful. No problems with WIFI, as reported in another review. The restaurant was full-service and the breakfasts were very good. I can't think of a bad thing to say; for a small-town hotel, this place rocks!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Overall the hotel is great and feels like brand new after the remodeling. One weakness is their room WIFI which seems to have reliability issues. The 1 800 support line is of no use. Don't bother calling them.

Other than that I would recommend the place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We had some car trouble on the NY Thruway and had to go to Gloversville for the part. It was late we were tired, and the kids were handling it great. So we stopped here and checked it out for a room. It was great. Very clean and well maintained. Nice pool. My only negative would be they need to get a vacuum that gets closer to the edge and they need to have towel sets available after hours. Discount coupons for breakfast because I am a Priority Member. Breakfast was mostly very good. Service was very slow. It was very nice to sit on the covered patio in the morning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We were traveling to Boston on I-90 and desperately needed a room for the night. We exited the interstate after seeing a Holiday Inn sign. It was very late and not until we were off the interstate did the next sign indicate the hotel was several miles away. If we didn't have a GPS we would have never found this place. Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised that this was a very nice hotel at a reasonable price. The place was clean and the rooms were nice. The only disappointing part of the stay was that breakfast was not included

Overall this was a good overnight stay but it didn't have that Holiday Inn feel to it,. If you are in the area it's a good choice for a one night stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The pictures listed for this hotel are old. Other than the Lobby and the restaurant which are in the process of getting remodeled everything is brand new. It looks like they gutted the whole hotel and started over. It has the brand new holiday inn look. I am suprised that they do not want to advertise this fact. Great staff and the food is excellent in the restaurant. The restaurant seems to get its fair share of locals eating there. They have an outdoor seeting area that overlooks a nice pool. This was probally the nicest Holiday Inn I stayed at in a while. If you want to visit the great escape be sure to buy discounted $25 tickets in the lobby which will save you $15 off an adult ticket and $5 off a childs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville
Knights Inn Amsterdam
Knights Inn Amsterdam
#2 of 2 in Amsterdam

Been to Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville? Share your experiences!