“Clean, modern rooms in a small town.”

Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Johnstown
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Clean, modern rooms in a small town.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were headed towards Alexandria Bay from Cooperstown/Howe Caverns and needed a place to rest. I was happy they had vacancy considering there was a wedding party celebrating in the dinning area and most likely blocking up some rooms. It seemed like they were really enjoying there stay. I made the mistake of of booking through priceline for the wrong date. When we arrived they couldn't find our names in the system. This is when we realized our reservation was for the night before. Of course I could not get refunded by the hotel or priceline (I did'nt ask because I know the policy and I was truely upset with myself and ashamed), but it would have been nice if we got a small discount or breakfast? The man at the front desk just said we have a room but it will not be the rate you paid for... I understand it was totally my fault. I was already so embarrased, upset, and tired. We paid again, this time they charged us full price ($10 more? Lol) for our nights stay. At least I found my Triple A card after the fact for small discount. I pulled my partner outside to convince him to stay somewhere else, but we were too tired. We should have left. This is a small town and I'm sure the room would just have been empty if we decided not stay.... my fault all around. They had vacancy the entire night. I will not stay here again. Thank goodness the room was clean and comfortable. The room was nice and included a small fridge. I prefer hotels/Inns that are more personable, friendly and customer oriented. Surprised there was no continental breakfast. Should have stayed at Microtel, nearby. We were just passing through.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear MLPrieto,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I'm truly delighted you liked your room accommodations. We assure you that we are committed to delivering quality in all aspects of the guest experience. I am sorry that not everything measured up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback which will help us improve our service and accommodations for each guest. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here the second weekend in August. The hotel was packed on Saturday night. Front desk was very helpful checking in all our family members. Rooms were clean. Beds were fine. Restaurant was fine. Hotel was quiet. Overall a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Chose this hotel because it had some of the better reviews of hotels in this area at the best price. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Have a large pool as well as a Fitness Room with LifeFitness equipment which is my favorite. Rooms were clean and beds ok. Onsite restaurant and lounge was very convenient as well. Would definitely stay here for future business in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very unfriendly customer service and staff!! Had an issue with the phone and was charged unnecessarily. Manager didn't even have the courtesy to call back and explain. VERY VERY Disappointed with the service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Bluefalco999,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johnstown Gloversville, NY. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Bohemia, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for years when we visit family in the area. This is the first time I have stayed since some major renovations. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a view of the pool which was very nice. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was very good and extremely reasonable. We are always happy with the accomodations and will return again.

Room Tip: There is an ice cream stand just about 1/4 mile down the road from the Holiday Inn called Udderly De...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were 4 couples, one with a puppy so we booked a pet friendly room. When we arrived after everyone checked in we went to have lunch outside on the patio. We were told the puppy could not be on the patio, or on his owners lap. So one of the party had to jump over a fence and sit on the grass and eat his food on the lawn behind the tables. So I went to the front desk to inquire if 1) the printed rules said you could not leave the dog unattended in the room and outside food was not permitted ( sign in lobby) where exactly were we supposed to eat. They agreed we could leave the puppy in his crate for up to an hour as long as he did not disturb another guest, and yes it was contradictory but those were the rules. Sat night, a large group of people were in the pool (20 +) yet Sunday morning it was locked and I was told the chlorine was out of wack. Except for the waitress, no one in this hotel seemed to care if the guests were happy or not. I was told to write a complaint, not even given an envelope to put it in- hence my review here. If you don't need anything from the staff, you most likely will have an OK stay as the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and rooms have refrigerators and microwaves ??

Room Tip: the rooms on the first floor near the pool are very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear sterling1954,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Reviewed July 21, 2013

With limited options for accomodations in the area, we were not sure what to expect, but overall, we were very happy with this choice.  Room was clean, a little small, but nice.  The pool was very refreshing and also clean.  The restaurant in the hotel, where we ate breakfast, was very inexpensive and the food was decent. My only complaint is that unlike some Holiday Inns, this particular one does not offer guests a continental breakfast included with their stay.  My friend was staying across the street at the Microtel inn, for 50$ cheaper, and she had a breakfast buffet, which was limited, but included in her stay.  If we are out this way again, we would definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
cmccredie, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Memoriesforalifetime,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests to let us know how we are doing. We do realize that our rates our higher than some of the other options in the area, yet we feel that having a pool, full service restaurant and lounge, outdoor patio dining, free wi-fi, fridge and microwaves and the other amenities we offer is well worth it for our guests.

Considering we have a full service restaurant, we do not offer a continetal breakfast, but members of the IHG Rewards Club do receive a $6.00 coupon at our hotel to use towards breakfast. IHG Rewards members also receive points for every stay that never expire and extended checkouts.

We hope that you will stay with us again in your future travels. Once again thank you for the comments.

Best Regards,
Chris McCredie
Manager
Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville, NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville
Super 8 Amsterdam
Super 8 Amsterdam
#1 of 2 in Amsterdam

Been to Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville? Share your experiences!