Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
Budget Inn(Sharon Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Howe Caverns Motel(Howes Cave)
All reviewsfront deskover thanksgiving weekendsmall sofahotel restaurantexercise roombed was comfortablenice poolgeneral managernice hotelrooms were very cleanadjoining roomsnice amenitiesrecent staysaratoga springswould definitely stay here againpleasant stayup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were 4 couples, one with a puppy so we booked a pet friendly room. When we arrived after everyone checked in we went to have lunch outside on the patio. We were told the puppy could not be on the patio, or on his owners lap. So one of the party had to jump over a fence and sit on the grass and eat his food on the lawn behind the tables. So I went to the front desk to inquire if 1) the printed rules said you could not leave the dog unattended in the room and outside food was not permitted ( sign in lobby) where exactly were we supposed to eat. They agreed we could leave the puppy in his crate for up to an hour as long as he did not disturb another guest, and yes it was contradictory but those were the rules. Sat night, a large group of people were in the pool (20 +) yet Sunday morning it was locked and I was told the chlorine was out of wack. Except for the waitress, no one in this hotel seemed to care if the guests were happy or not. I was told to write a complaint, not even given an envelope to put it in- hence my review here. If you don't need anything from the staff, you most likely will have an OK stay as the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and rooms have refrigerators and microwaves ??

Room Tip: the rooms on the first floor near the pool are very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear sterling1954,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 21, 2013

With limited options for accomodations in the area, we were not sure what to expect, but overall, we were very happy with this choice.  Room was clean, a little small, but nice.  The pool was very refreshing and also clean.  The restaurant in the hotel, where we ate breakfast, was very inexpensive and the food was decent. My only complaint is that unlike some Holiday Inns, this particular one does not offer guests a continental breakfast included with their stay.  My friend was staying across the street at the Microtel inn, for 50$ cheaper, and she had a breakfast buffet, which was limited, but included in her stay.  If we are out this way again, we would definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
cmccredie, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Memoriesforalifetime,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests to let us know how we are doing. We do realize that our rates our higher than some of the other options in the area, yet we feel that having a pool, full service restaurant and lounge, outdoor patio dining, free wi-fi, fridge and microwaves and the other amenities we offer is well worth it for our guests.

Considering we have a full service restaurant, we do not offer a continetal breakfast, but members of the IHG Rewards Club do receive a $6.00 coupon at our hotel to use towards breakfast. IHG Rewards members also receive points for every stay that never expire and extended checkouts.

We hope that you will stay with us again in your future travels. Once again thank you for the comments.

Best Regards,
Chris McCredie
Manager
Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville, NY

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I wouldn't voluntarily choose to stay here, however my husband and I were in town for a wedding and the bride and groom blocked rooms at this hotel. The only other nearby option was Super 8, hence why we stayed at Holiday Inn.

Entrance is decent, nothing special, but clean. Front desk staff seemed preoccupied but took care of our reservation quickly enough. The room had a strange odor, but I got used to it. The toilet was my biggest disappointment, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months (yuck!) But it was just one night so I didn't bother complaining. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but again 1 night.

We didn't bother checking out the pool, nor the grounds…from what we saw, it didn't seem that impressive.

The perk is when making the reservation, we were offered to join the "Holiday Inn club" which came with a little bag of snacks upon check-in and vouchers for free breakfast.

Definitely not the greatest, but i've seen worse

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharimul,

Thank you for the comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to the area and hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Kind Regards,
Chris McCredie
Manager
Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville, NY

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My son & I were driving home from a medical appt. in Boston & knew we couldn't make it home - late & we were tired! Found this hotel on our GPS. The room was not very clean. We found a dirty sweatshirt left from the people before us under the desk. Returned it to the front desk, with a response "housekeeping probably over looked it." My response, she would have seen it if she vaccummed. I was asked if I wanted the manager to come down to my room but declined (10:30 PM). There also was a huge cobweb mid way down the corner of a wall, the standing lamp below it was filthy & my sons pillowcase was stained. I do regret not seeing the manager.
On a brighter note, we ordered room service right before closing. It was delivered by a very friendly woman. The onion soup was delicious.

1  Thank Cheryl D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Cheryl D,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our room service.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and room cleanliness. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Johnstown-Gloversville area is not a place I'd pick for travel, but a family function during the 4th of July week-end left us with no choice. I'd heard the area is poor and run-down, so I had little hope for any hotel and this one had the best reviews. I was quite surprised to find an updated motel with a warm and friendly staff and a very comfortable room. The bed was extremely comfortable. The temperature control worked with none of that on/off sound as it worked to keep a steady temperature. Room darkening curtains helped us catch up on some much needed rest. My only disappointment was the lack of a tub. Very large shower, but alas no tub.
Our rate included a voucher for breakfast which included anything on the full breakfast menu in the large comfortable restaurant. The service, food and coffee were better than average. On Sundays breakfast is served until 11:00 making for a very leisurely morning.