Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Palatine Motel(Palatine Bridge)
Good 3.5/5
The Flip Inn Motel(Northville)
Very Good 4/5
  • Free Internet
The American Hotel(Sharon Springs)
Great 4.5/5
Travelers Inn(Sharon Springs)
Average 3/5
Budget Inn(Sharon Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskover thanksgiving weekendsmall sofahotel restaurantexercise roombed was comfortablenice poolgeneral managernice hotelrooms were very cleanadjoining roomsnice amenitiesrecent staysaratoga springswould definitely stay here againpleasant stayup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in the height of leaf-peeping season. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, and quiet. The bed was comfortable.
We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant and were delighted at the restaurant choices in the nearby towns of Gloversville and Johnstown.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my stay so much I returned a month later. The area is nice in all seasons but especially pretty in the autumn. One nice touch was the gift bag of snacks upon arrival. It was much appreciated.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The rooms are very well maintained and comfortable. Food is good too. The only reason i have not given them five stars is because there is no complimentary breakfast which I believe can be added for the price that they are charging.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank INglobetrotterUS
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville, NY is a picture perfect hotel sitting on a hill overlooking the downtown area of Johnstown. We had reserved a room and the inprocessing was handled quickly. The hotel appears to have had a major renovation within the last year, everything was sparkling clean, inside and outside. Our room was nice size with all the usual amenities and a hair dryer in the bathroom with a night-light. Checking in - we were given credit coupons @6.00 each, redeemable if we ate in the inhouse restaurant. The next morning, we went to the restaurant and our server, Martha, was excellent. We ordered breakfast items, eggs, meat, etc.; food was served hot but very poor quality - I can only recommend that you eat somewhere else at least for breakfast. That evening, around supper time, our room was filled with food cooking odors, not offensive, just out of place/time. The odor was also in the 2nd floor hallway and after about 2 hours it went away. In the meantime, I called the front desk clerk who said she would notify her supervisor - no response from supervisor. I critiqued the inhouse survey and notified the front desk when we checked out the next morning. Without the restaurant experience(s) I would have no complaints at all.

Room Tip: All the room are newly renovated, clean and quiet in a beautiful setting.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family attended the passing of my nephew. My sister has been staying at this Holiday Inn for years in conjunction with Lexington Park, a home for the disabled. She makes this her "home away from home" when coming to see her severely disabled son. We now understand why. Excellent service, clean, and comfortable. Incidentally, the restaurant in the Inn was quite good. Their Manhattan Clam Chowder was superb.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were in town the weekend before Thanksgiving so my wife could visit her ailing grandmother and stayed at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is clean, the staff was corteous, the restaraunt was decent, and the bed was comfortable. However, the King room was quite small and the shower definately left something to be desired. The shower is a walk-in (which was fine), but had no shower curtain or shower doors. It has a single glass panel that doesn't even cover half of the shower, so unless you stand directly under the water, you freeze and water gets all over the floor. Would definately ask for extra towels. Be careful where you park also. Sunday night I parked in the front lot under a lamp post along Comrie Ave, and at some point my vehicle was vandalized. I asked the manager on duty to review the security camera's in the parking lot, but was told there were none. I don't fault the hotel for the vandalism, but had they had some form of surveillance, we may have been able to prove who did it.

Room Tip: Very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family