Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
$98
No availability for your dates from our partners
Budget Inn(Sharon Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Howe Caverns Motel(Howes Cave)
All reviewsfront deskover thanksgiving weekendsmall sofahotel restaurantexercise roombed was comfortablenice poolgeneral managernice hotelrooms were very cleanadjoining roomsnice amenitiesrecent staysaratoga springswould definitely stay here againpleasant stayup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville, NY is a picture perfect hotel sitting on a hill overlooking the downtown area of Johnstown. We had reserved a room and the inprocessing was handled quickly. The hotel appears to have had a major renovation within the last year, everything was sparkling clean, inside and outside. Our room was nice size with all the usual amenities and a hair dryer in the bathroom with a night-light. Checking in - we were given credit coupons @6.00 each, redeemable if we ate in the inhouse restaurant. The next morning, we went to the restaurant and our server, Martha, was excellent. We ordered breakfast items, eggs, meat, etc.; food was served hot but very poor quality - I can only recommend that you eat somewhere else at least for breakfast. That evening, around supper time, our room was filled with food cooking odors, not offensive, just out of place/time. The odor was also in the 2nd floor hallway and after about 2 hours it went away. In the meantime, I called the front desk clerk who said she would notify her supervisor - no response from supervisor. I critiqued the inhouse survey and notified the front desk when we checked out the next morning. Without the restaurant experience(s) I would have no complaints at all.

Room Tip: All the room are newly renovated, clean and quiet in a beautiful setting.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family attended the passing of my nephew. My sister has been staying at this Holiday Inn for years in conjunction with Lexington Park, a home for the disabled. She makes this her "home away from home" when coming to see her severely disabled son. We now understand why. Excellent service, clean, and comfortable. Incidentally, the restaurant in the Inn was quite good. Their Manhattan Clam Chowder was superb.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were in town the weekend before Thanksgiving so my wife could visit her ailing grandmother and stayed at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is clean, the staff was corteous, the restaraunt was decent, and the bed was comfortable. However, the King room was quite small and the shower definately left something to be desired. The shower is a walk-in (which was fine), but had no shower curtain or shower doors. It has a single glass panel that doesn't even cover half of the shower, so unless you stand directly under the water, you freeze and water gets all over the floor. Would definately ask for extra towels. Be careful where you park also. Sunday night I parked in the front lot under a lamp post along Comrie Ave, and at some point my vehicle was vandalized. I asked the manager on duty to review the security camera's in the parking lot, but was told there were none. I don't fault the hotel for the vandalism, but had they had some form of surveillance, we may have been able to prove who did it.

Room Tip: Very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CRLStafford
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been coming to this hotel since about 2007, always a great stop I actually look forward to while driving back and forth on road trips, because I know I'm going to get. Well trained staff, nice rooms, a decent price, and the restaurant is still pretty good too. I tell everyone I know to stop over here if they can.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

To be fair, place is clean, nice comfy beds, Rooms are on the small size but not too bad. Had a $6 breakfast coupon so only paid .96 cents for the usual egg/bacon/toast breakfast which was fine. Would give an better rating if mangement had not gone into my room AFTER I had checked in and took my $3 water out of fridge. I complained, they said water had already been "recycled" and offered me 4 bottles of their water. I refused. However, upon check out they did credit bill for $3. Still, why are employees in rooms after guest check in?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business