“Comfy stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Johnstown
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Never having stayed at a Microtel before, I was surprised at how pleasant it was. I did have trouble booking the hotel because the system that the people at the toll-free line use was down, and I ended up with two reservations by mistake, but that was quickly rectified when I arrived. The room was comfortable, the location very good, the breakfast buffet was nice, and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Nathan B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I’m glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I apologize for the inconvenience that you dealt with while booking the reservation but I am happy that the issue was quickly resolved. If you have any suggestions that we can improve upon or have any other comments, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me directly through my email at GM@JohnstownMicrotel.com.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I came back home to celebrate my 60th birthday with my childhood friends. We ate at a nearby restaurant and extended the celebration at the hotel. The breakfast room was perfect to gather for cake and coffee. I brought up the cake but the coffee that is always brewing was a nice compliment. The room was perfect to further our conversation in a quiet and pleasant atmosphere as the restaurant was quite noisy. It was the perfect place for what I wanted to do. The hotel staff are most friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Dear Geoffrey H,

I’m glad that you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel to celebrate your 60th birthday. The coffee is a nice compliment that the majority of our guests enjoy. I’m happy to know that we could help make your celebration more special with the service that was provided to you. Thank you for taking the time to share your birthday celebration with us. We hope that we can be of further assistance to you in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a well run new and clean hotel. If your are looking for just a good hotel while traveling, this is a very good one! They have no activities for children - just a good place to sleep with comfortable beds and windows that open.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear keysdad,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable rooms to our guests. Although we do not offer any activities for children in the hotel, there are several close parks and playgrounds, as well as AnimalLand which is an animal park for children that is only fifteen minutes away. Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I can hear word for word what the ppl in the room are saying nothing in the room other then a tv and bed and bathroom. No pool or hot tub. No bar no place to eat no room service ..............................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear brunoandporky1,

I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please know that if there is ever an issue with noise, you can contact the front desk and they will try their best to address the situation. We have also recently added refrigerators and microwaves to most of our rooms. The only rooms that do not have these amenities are the smoking rooms and the one-queen nonsmoking rooms. Although we do not have a bar or offer room service, there are several surrounding restaurants that deliver directly to the guest rooms. There are menus located on the counter in the lobby. If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me through my email at GM@JohnstownMicrotel.com.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great place for a night or two but not sure I’d want a long stay. Excellent staff and the room was airy, clean and very comfortable but was rather noisy. Even with glazed windows the sound of noisier trucks and Harleys still penetrated so advice is to get a room on the non road side. Similarly internal noise was also a bit of an issue, we could hear a lot of other rooms’ noises, fortunately they all seemed to bed down by about 11 so didn’t cause any problems overnight.

Several restaurants up the main drag for dinner which are (just) walkable.

A continental breakfast was provided which was OK, the waffle machine was a nice touch.

Price was fine – would be happy to stopover again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Platz,

Thank you for sharing your visit with us. I’m sorry that you had an issue with noise. If there is ever an issue such as this, please feel free to contact the front desk and they will try their best to address the problem. Although some guests do prefer the side with the highway, we have several guests that feel that the back side of the hotel is quieter. If you have any other comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly by email at GM@JohnstownMicrotel.com.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a newer Microtel - very typical of this chain except newer, in very good condition - but off the beaten path -- about 6 miles from the NY Thruway. Quiet and comfortable -- A/C worked well - continental breakfast better than most.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard O,

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. We appreciate the business that you provided to us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel was perfect for our family, including the furry ones! We booked two pet rooms, which ended up being suites (we were upgraded for free). They were on the first floor only one door down from the exit door. Rooms were spacious with two queen beds, desk, bar/counter area, and even a sink in the 'eating' counter area. A/C worked well with a thermostat. Beds were cozy and had clean/nice linens. Bathroom was updated and clean. Despite our late check-in (11ish), the front desk woman was nice and helpful (directed us to a restaurant for late night take out). She was also there at 7am to help with breakfast and was still smiling! Breakfast was a bit above standard continental breakfast with belgian waffles, and a huge assortment of teas. We did have to turn on the A/C in the breakfast room...when it got packed, it was HOT. The housekeeping staff was also very helpful, giving supplies when needed and being friendly and helpful. Possibly the highlight of the hotel is the grounds around back. There is a small pond and large grassy area. The dogs had a blast sniffing and trying to figure out where the croaking toads were. I wish every hotel was like this Microtel! Kudos to the night desk woman 6/29 and all the staff! Thanks For a Great Stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Staceyleft,

Thank you for sharing such a positive experience with us! It is always great to know that our staff can accommodate such great service to our guests. I’m glad that we were able to upgrade your rooms and that you enjoyed the pond out back; it seems to be a big hit with pet owners. We get excited to know when guests are bringing their pets. It seems that we enjoy them just as much as the guests! Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is great to know that we are exceeding the expectations of our guests. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Nathan Bull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Super 8 Cobleskill NY
#2 of 2 in Amsterdam
Super 8 Amsterdam
Super 8 Amsterdam
#1 of 2 in Amsterdam

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown? Share your experiences!