“2 shot of penicillin please”

Miss Johnstown diner
Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American, Diner
Broadalbin, New York
“2 shot of penicillin please”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

this place needs a deep cleaning! The food is greasy and usually not fresh. Food tastes expired and the service is bad. I would never go back!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank amber b

Huntersville, North Carolina
“The best place in johnstown!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife was raised in this small town, so on my first trip there myself I agreed that we should visit the locals version of "waffle house". The building is very dated but clean. The service was fast and thorough. Now lets get to the food. I ordered something I have never heard of before in North Carolina. It was Mac salad with brown gravy. I will have to say, that was the best dish of mess I have ever eaten! My wife had the steak sandwich. It was very flavorful I must add. And the best part is we ate and drank for under 10 bucks. What a value! If your looking for a greasy spoon, than you found the best kept secret of this sleepy little town. I have been back 6 times now, and believe me, I won't miss a chance to visit miss johnstown.

New York
“This place is great”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had breakfast here on the last morning of our 500 mile bike ride across New York (FANY).
The food, staff and atmosphere was the greatest of any place we stopped all week. Next door is a more upscale eatery but I doubt any where near as much character or value.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Fishdogface
“Great little place”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Ate a good hearty breakfast. Excellent Coconut Cream Pie!! Wait staff very attentive.

Proctorsville, Vermont
“Don't judge a diner by the hole in the rest room wall.”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

At mid point of a three hour trip we ended up at this diner one Friday night around 8:30 p.m., a time in small towns when the dining options for real cooked food are slim. There was a handwritten sign out on the sidewalk out front advertising beef tips on linguine, which particular combination I had never before considered, but sounded really good to me at the moment. The diner is well worn, brightly lit and the tables look like they would be sticky but are not. Long story short they were out of the special so we opted for the steak sandwich which came with fries and macaroni salad. I was hoping for something at least edible and was really surprised to be served a delicious juicy steak sandwich on a hearty grilled roll, and real french fries hot and crisp on the outside and flaky and moist on the inside. The macaroni salad was served as an appetizer and was bland but tasted fresh. The waiter asked us if we wanted gravy on our macaroni salad, I was sort of tongue tied while considering this question but my husband immediately said "YES!". I tried his, it tasted like macaroni salad with brown gravy on it. The guy behind the grill was friendly and attentive to the customers. There were many hand made looking pies on display and fresh donuts on the counter. I went to the rest room while there and let's just say the phrase 'original fixtures' came to mind, and it looked like someone had tried to get out of the bathroom through the wall instead of the door. This meal was delicious and satisfying and the bill came to $11.50. I am not kidding.

• Visited August 2011