“A surprise inside”

Add it.
Giblin's
Ranked #34 of 75 Restaurants in Johnson City
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This bar/restaurant is within walking distance of where my wife is in the hospital and on the way to and from Mekong Vietnamese restaurant I reviewed.

As a natural adventurer I popped in and since the neighborhood is a little shabby I expected it to be more of a dive bar and was woefully wrong.

Its polished, clean and lite up. The walls adorned with firefighting memorabilia.

I had sat down and quickly got a drink from a friendly and smiling bartender and she made me feel right at home.

I ordered a Tanqueray and tonic with a shot of Jagermeister put down my @20 and got $13 back. The short drink was potent and the Jager was nice and cold.

Having passed by Giblins again the following night I popped back in and have the same bartender, who was just finishing her shift, just like the night before and she was al smiles and good natured.

She really helped make the visit special. Her name is Katrina and say "Hi" to her if you stop in.

Again the bar was welcoming and had a good natured warmth about it.

They have free popcorn which is a huge bonus for me, and their menu was a bit of the regular bar food kind of variety of burgers, speidies, wings, and they are adding pizza.

What I saw looked very appetizing and the prices were reasonable.

I am not a beer drinker so I don't pay much attention to it but there was a variety on tap that wasn't your usuall Bud, and Miller.

While it bills itself as an Irish Pub I am not sure what is Irish particularly about it.

I noticed on their Facebook page they were voted the second best bar in Broome County by Readers Votes which I completely understand.

Its the neighborhood that welcomes the strangers that come on through. I hope to try the food but I highly recommend this as a stop for those in the area.

2  Thank ThaiCookingRocks