“hot chinese on a cold rainy night”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Foliage Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 74 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Wonderful variety and plentiful food at a GREAT price. We had the egg foo young and hunan beef, which was beautifully presented and tasted perfect. Very friendly staff. Easy to find and you won't regret it.

1  Thank Toby M

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I (and friends) have been eating at the Foliage for over 10 years now and we have never had a bad meal. They will do special orders the way you like them and the service is excellent. Eat in or take out. The owner is so sweet and always friendly and the chef's are A+++...

Reviewed April 8, 2010

I've recently started going to "Foliage" during my walks around Binghamton/JC, and I have to say- I love it. Great Chinese Resturaunt.

They have a decent variety of dishes, and mostly everything is well-priced. As in my review for Vestal's "Far East", I do have to say some of their dishes are very pricey, but overall, good value.

I've mainly stuck with their Tofu soup, which for $1.75, you can get in a large bowl loaded with veggies, and complimentary snack noodles. And even the small order will fill you right up.

I've also tried their mixed Chinese Vegetables, which were delicious, and plan on trying a pork dish the next time I go.

Thus far, I'm very pleased with their services. They also have one of the friendliest staffs I've ever seen, and are very quick, generally getting you your grub in a few minutes time.

I have to say, my first impressions (I've been there about six times over the past month) are very good for this place. I highly recomend it for a good meal!

Reviewed December 18, 2009

We go here frequently for lunch and ocassionally for dinner. There are many reasonably priced lunch specials for $5-$6 which includes choice of soup and the entree. Soda by the can is extra but reasonablly priced. Hot tea (in a partial potful!) is free. The food is very tasty and they are very willing to alter the spicyness to suit your taste. If they make a rare mistake, usually due to a new employee who doesn't understand english very well, they are willing to make it right at no addl cost. It is a shame that after a group of employees becomes totally familiar with you and your specific likes and recognizes you as a repeat customer, the whole group of employees disappears to be replaced by another group. There are about 10 tables that would seat about 40 people total.
Unfortunately in the winter time you will freeze dining here even while wearing your winter coat! They are too cheap to have the heat very high and have the thermostat set in the low 60's. And in the heat of summer they usually will not put the air conditioner on and on the hottest of days it is unbearable. Regrettably they are losing business as on cold or hot days we know that we cannot bear to tolerate the temperatures there. It is a shame because otherwise the food and prices here make this a good choice.