“Good choice”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Vaughan, Canada
“Good choice”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

A yearly ritual now to stop at Binghamton area on Christmas eve drive. We used some points earned from an affinity program to book the room. The hotel is located on Highway 17, convenient and easy for travelers. Front desk staffs were friendly and helpful. The room is a bit old but clean and comfortable. Bathroom needs repair but not a big deal. Typical condition for this type of hotel. Breakfast is better than expected with scramble eggs, sausages, bakery items, juices and cereal. Had a good sleep, it was very quiet at night. Wi-fi internet worked fine too. Good value and no complaints.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It is challenging traveling with a pet. This hotel met all our needs. We were given a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds which was very clean. We would have preferred a suite, but were told suites were not available to pet owners. The front desk clerk was friendly, helpful and efficient. Nearby restaurants were a bonus. All in all, we were very pleased with the accomodations and would stay again. We didn't encounter any of the problems listed in the previous trip advisor reviews.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I had no idea what to expect coming into this hotel. I only read reviews from different sites and saw out-dated pictures of the rooms, but when I arrived I was soooo impressed with the hotel! The pictures are nothing like what they show online and really should be updated to show potential visitors the new decor of the rooms. I was very pleased to stay in a nice hotel, since I would be staying in this room for 4 nights (visiting family), I wanted to be as comfortable as I could be. In which I was!

The room was BIG and had a microwave and fridge, a full lenght mirror, a good sized work desk, and even a table and chairs. The bathroom (which is a major deal breaker for me!) was updated with granite counter tops and CLEAN. Also there was FREE breakfast every morning, which makes it nice for long stays, and had a huge variety of food items (Fruit, oatmeal, ect.. for the health freaks and waffles, sausage/bacon, ect.. for the future heart attack victims) I tried something new each morning and liked it all! *wink*

If I ever make it back up to Johnson City (which by the way is not at all a vacation spot for me, LoL) I will be staying at the Best Western!

Also, if the manager or owner of this hotel reads this, I would recommend putting up more recent photos of the hotel/rooms on the travel sites, it might help get even more business, because honestly I was not too impressed when I saw the "old" photos of the rooms and it could detract people from staying here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JusTiff
Fredonia, NY
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is one case where I am glad I didn't rely on Trip Advisor reviews, as we had a much better experience than many have indicated. Our room was very large, clean, and quiet, though we had the fan on to provide white noise just in case. The only thing I would suggest is that you provide a night light in the larger rooms, especially those with the refrigerator/microwave bar between the bedroom area and bathroom. The breakfast is minimal, but adequate to get us on the road.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade to a king room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grauntie
Toronto
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were with a group of (HOG) riders and had arrived around 10 pm, it had been a long day and we all just wanted some dinner and a cold drink. After checking in we went to a nearby restaurant and got back to our room around midnight. A quick shower and a good night sleep was all we wanted but after getting into bed I noticed my wife had sunk into a deep depression on the one side. I called down to the front desk to let them know we had an issue but it was just too late to attempt to switch rooms (not that it was offered).

The sheets were pilled up and the comforter smelled like some unpleasant things had happened on it. We both tried to sleep on the one side but the bottom line was it wasn't a good night. The next morning I spoke to the lady at the front desk but there was little she could do and since it was a holiday weekend no one else was around. I quietly voiced my issues and waited for several days for a response from the manager which never came.

I finally emailed BW head office hoping they would get involved. I then got an email from the hotel, it was appologetic but basically said they didn't see anything wrong and wanted me to come back for another night? Yeah right, if the food is bad at a restaurant do you go back for another taste just to see if it still tastes bad??

I was hoping they would have at least offered me some kind of a token for the bad night we had but nothing, not even from the head office. I guess they don't realise that the customer is always right and even if they're not you make them feel like they are don't tell them they are liars. Too bad for them since we just finished planning a ride to New Orleans and there isn't one BW in the stops.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Room was exactly what it should be for the price... clean and quiet. Mike at the front desk was super professional and polite. Location is excellent with shopping, restaurants, etc. all around.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MA
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed at this Best Western for two nights. The first night a party spilled over from the function room to the hallways and lobby. The hotel had no control of these guests although a police detail was present. Guests where drinking alcohol in all the common areas, being loud, and banging on guest room doors.This went on for over three hours before the hotel had the detail police officer break up the party at around 3:30am. We requested a refund for the night but where told we would have to wait until the morning and speak to a manager. Although I had left a message that night for the General Manager to call me in the morning I never received a call. I was told by the front desk manager that we would be credited for the night. I have since contacted Best Western corporate and requested a refund for our entire two night stay.
This hotel is average at best and there are many other choices in the area.

Room Tip: Red Roof Inn is close by and cheaper.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown

Been to Best Western Plus Of Johnson City? Share your experiences!