“Cacciatore's continues to be one of the best restaurants around”
Review of Cacciatore's

Cacciatore's
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2012

When you go to Cacciatore's you have to go either very early in the evening (5 PM) or very late at night (9 PM) if you want to get a table without the wait. Otherwise, be prepared for a packed house and a good 45 minute wait for a table -- they don't take reservations, but the wait is well worth it.

My husband & I shared a delayed Valentine's day dinner at our favorite table in the place. We shared appetizers of fried ravioli and crabbed stuffed mushrooms. Both were delicious. For dinner, my husband had his favorite chicken parm and I the the filet milanese, which was cooked to perfection. Total cost, including 3 beers and a glass of red wine at $87 including tax. Worth every penny!

3  Thank kja63

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We went here for dinner on a Monday night, usually a slow time for restaurants. There was a line! Looks like the local folks know a good deal. I had the Ravioli Florentine (one of their signature dishes - Ravioli tossed with spinach, plum tomatoes, and garlic sauteed in olive oil) and my wife had the Gnocchi with marinara sauce. Both dishes came with great house salads and bread. Wonderful! Friendly staff and quick service. And inexpensive! Lots of parking (restaurant is located in a small strip mall).

2  Thank TomKNY
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I initially went on a Monday not knowing there was the all you can eat Spahetti special for $4.95. The wait was 25 minutes and crowded! We dicided to come back the next night thinking it would be less busy. Wrong! According to the server it's always busy. I can see why. The food was amazingly good. I had the Tuesday night special which was 8oz sirloin steak with spaghetti,salad and bread. The steak was cooked perfect. I usually put steak sauce on all my steaks but this is the only time I didn't ask for it. The red sauce was so good it reminded me of being in Little italy in NYC. I took a quart home for $5.95. I didn't mind the wait because it was worth it. House wines were good and not expensive. GO! You won't be dissapointed.

2  Thank caribgirlkey
Reviewed September 18, 2011

There is nothing extroardinary about this strip mall restaurant, except that the food is dependably good and it has a small town, locals feel to it. The menu is good, though fairly typical for an Italian restaurant, but most importantly, if you are just passing through, you get the sense you are hanging out with the locals. Try eating at the bar if you like to chat up the local folks.

2  Thank lifesaver1
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I'm in town this week on business. After a disgusting meal at the Ground Round next to my hotel, I decided to find a hole-in-the-wall place and decided to check this place out.

As others have said, prompt service, quiet atmosphere, and the food... oh the food!!! The ample portion Italian bread with sesame bread was nice and hot, the salad with crumbly bleu and Italian dressing was out of this world, a couple of glasses of Yuengling beer that was crisp and fresh, and my "go-to" Italian dish - Chicken Parmesean - was to die for.

Serving sizes were just right - just enough to eat without having to ask for a carry-out box or asking for more.

I can't wait to get stuck here on business again... I know where I'm going for dinner!

1  Thank Nessman1