Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went to Traditions unexpectedly because of a medical situation. The staff at the front desk was absolutely the best. They helped me (a single elderly woman) with my luggage cart and made me as comfortable as possible. They immediately got me a cup of hot, fresh coffee. Abby made me feel relaxed and showed me some of the premium rooms so I could dream of the future. Joanna show me the romantic rooms with comfy chairs and fireplace. These were more than I needed this time but I will go back and try some of the other rooms. The breakfast was exceptionally good for a continental with hot scrambled eggs and bacon. The fresh fruit was beautiful -- really fresh. They also had breads, Danishes, bagels, all kinds of juice. I really appreciated that they always had a large pot of decaf coffee -- breakfast and the lobby. My room was small but very quaint and it suited my needs very well. The bath soap was the best I ever had leaving me feeling much smoother than I am (what a blessing to feel baby skin at 70.)
My husband was in the hospital and it was close and convenient. Things went very smoothly for the four days I was there. I did not try dinner in the tavern as I was not there at dinner time but I will try it another time. I had a minor housekeeping issue but it was addressed immediately by both the general manager and the guest service manager. It was wonderful to feel that my comfort was important to them. Rooms that are farther from the front central staircase (beautiful) are a bit more quiet at busy times but I could not hear a sound from outside and there was a concert on the lawn outside my room. It was truly peace and quiet in the evening. I will return to share this beautiful place with my husband. I think I had the only room with an electric fireplace and many of the others have real gas.

I did not try the spa but would love to return to the salt sanctuary. It looked like a really healthy concept.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk (but worth it) so be sure to let the desk know if you cannot walk a good...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 25, 2013

in town for a wedding. Great location with golf at your doorstep. no time for golf, but quiet, peaceful time. upgraded room to suite and it was clean, quiet and plenty of amenities with a competitive price. Only drawback was they do not have an actual restaurant and small bar. Their Sunday brunch was excellent, but pricey. Overall a great hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bill s
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Traditions at the Glenn has been my choice of hotels the last three years every time I travel home to the Binghamton, NY area. Comfy, clean, relaxing and with a staff that aims to please no matter what needs or situations may occur. We have had a mini family reunion there several times for different reasons and each time every thing was handled beautifully. The food and view are amazing! Golf, beautiful hikes in the Glen and every salon need met in the Spa.

Room Tip: Rooms not over the ballroom if you want quiet during weddings and parties. Otherwise, any room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mawelch2
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had our daughters wedding here,including the Friday night rehearsal dinner,the wedding reception on Saturday, also used the spa for the wedding party preparations,hair-dos,make-up,nails,and also the men golfed on Saturday morning and then on Sunday the Breakfast Brunch for all of out of town guests and family and wedding party that stayed at the hotel. We also had the Bridal Suite and most of the rooms in the hotel. The whole staff that we encountered all weekend long were the best ever. Anything that we asked for or needed was immediately taken care of with no questions. The rooms our large and very comfortable. The bed was very,very comfortable. We had one little hiccup on Saturday morning during their free continental breakfast the fire alarm went off and we all had to evacuate ,but yet again they moved us over to the golf tavern and quickly put out coffee for everyone while we waited for the fire department to clear the hotel. Even during this little emergency the staff could not have been any more professional and handled everything like it was routine. No one panicked or acted confused. The food we had all weekend long was the best ever. Paul and Joe are the two best wedding planners ever. They handled everything and were always right there when we had a question or needed something. I can't wait to go back and stay here for a relaxing get away weekend. Thank you very to the whole staff!!!

Room Tip: If there is a wedding going on when you are there,make sure you are not over the reception dining ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our daughter recently had her wedding reception at 'Traditions'. Many out of town guests stayed at this wonderful resort and enjoyed the hiking trails through the glen. Most guests arrived on Friday evening for a spectacular fireworks display on the front lawn, and stayed through to the delicious brunch on Sunday morning. The staff was more than accommodating, the spa treatments were relaxing, the rooms were large, and beds and linens were extremely comfortable. Many of our guests have travelled extensively, eaten at many exclusive restaurants, and from them we were so please to receive rave reviews of their rooms and the delicious foods served at the pub in the evening and for breakfasts. I was impressed with how caring the staff was, providing valet service as necessary, checking in guests for the wedding who may have arrived early (or getting their rooms prepared as soon as possible), providing water bottles and site maps for those who wished to hike the glen, providing coffee and tea in the lobby, and seeing to all of the details that make for a smooth running and perfectly executed wedding reception. Our family and guests could not have been more pleased.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eisenhower Suite with our own balcony--I would highly recommend this as the evening...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have stayed at Traditions twice - both times over holidays. The rooms are very nice, the hotel is quiet, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Both stays were during the winter, and we appreciated the hot coffee and tea readily available in the lobby! The breakfast was also a step above that you would find in a chain hotel. Will definitely stay here again while visiting family in the area. We hope to go during warmer weather and take advantage of the grounds and the hiking trails!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have never been to a bed and breakfast and was curious to join in on a friend's bachelorette party for massages, salon services, and a special day in preparation for her wedding the following weekend. I figured experiencing Tradition's Spa would give me an idea of their services and setting in case I ever decide to get married in a more country area. Plus, it would be a nice distraction in variety from the usual Spa I go to in the City. On the way there our car stalled so one of the girls called as a courtesy to tell them we would be 10 minutes late because we had to wait for our ride (plus we were only 4 miles away and called 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment). The receptionest told us to either reschedule until after the wedding or cancel. We were practically in their parking lot and they still refused to accept only even three of us. When we chose to cancel, since the next open date would be after the wedding, they told us there was a 300$ cancellation fee. Shocked, we asked where the fee came from and how they could charge us for services that were never provided and a fee that was never mentioned when the appointment was booked by phone. Apparently the fee is "on their website" had we thought to read through their website we would have came a couple hours in advance instead of being charged. Finally we requested a manager and had to explain the story all over again and even asked if we could possibly cut the massages short, cancel the pedis, and pay the full service amount to avoid conflicting their schedule. Turned out the manager was just the manager of front desk and did not assist in spa services and refused to assist at all. After 20 minutes of not getting anywhere when we could have been getting our "relaxing" treatments, we had enough of the shady behavior and finally decided to book at another spa that was very friendly and went out of their way to fit us all in for full services and relieve us of the unnecessary treatment and stressful morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Candlewood Suites Vestal - Binghamton

Been to Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Address: 4101 Watson Blvd, Johnson City, NY 13790-1028
Location: United States > New York > Johnson City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Price Range: $114 - $166 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City 3.5*
Imagine an exhilarating round of golf, a pampering spa treatment, superb dining and luxurious accommodations all in one scenic, historic destination. Nestled amid rolling hills and a lovely wooded area, our hotel in the Greater Binghamton Area offers unique rooms and spacious suites, an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service, state of the art spa, salt sanctuary and seasonal Tavern dining letting you enjoy your leisure time without leaving the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traditions At The Glen Hotel Johnson City