Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Binghamton, New York, United States
“Our Daughters Wedding!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had our daughters wedding here,including the Friday night rehearsal dinner,the wedding reception on Saturday, also used the spa for the wedding party preparations,hair-dos,make-up,nails,and also the men golfed on Saturday morning and then on Sunday the Breakfast Brunch for all of out of town guests and family and wedding party that stayed at the hotel. We also had the Bridal Suite and most of the rooms in the hotel. The whole staff that we encountered all weekend long were the best ever. Anything that we asked for or needed was immediately taken care of with no questions. The rooms our large and very comfortable. The bed was very,very comfortable. We had one little hiccup on Saturday morning during their free continental breakfast the fire alarm went off and we all had to evacuate ,but yet again they moved us over to the golf tavern and quickly put out coffee for everyone while we waited for the fire department to clear the hotel. Even during this little emergency the staff could not have been any more professional and handled everything like it was routine. No one panicked or acted confused. The food we had all weekend long was the best ever. Paul and Joe are the two best wedding planners ever. They handled everything and were always right there when we had a question or needed something. I can't wait to go back and stay here for a relaxing get away weekend. Thank you very to the whole staff!!!

Room Tip: If there is a wedding going on when you are there,make sure you are not over the reception dining ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our daughter recently had her wedding reception at 'Traditions'. Many out of town guests stayed at this wonderful resort and enjoyed the hiking trails through the glen. Most guests arrived on Friday evening for a spectacular fireworks display on the front lawn, and stayed through to the delicious brunch on Sunday morning. The staff was more than accommodating, the spa treatments were relaxing, the rooms were large, and beds and linens were extremely comfortable. Many of our guests have travelled extensively, eaten at many exclusive restaurants, and from them we were so please to receive rave reviews of their rooms and the delicious foods served at the pub in the evening and for breakfasts. I was impressed with how caring the staff was, providing valet service as necessary, checking in guests for the wedding who may have arrived early (or getting their rooms prepared as soon as possible), providing water bottles and site maps for those who wished to hike the glen, providing coffee and tea in the lobby, and seeing to all of the details that make for a smooth running and perfectly executed wedding reception. Our family and guests could not have been more pleased.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eisenhower Suite with our own balcony--I would highly recommend this as the evening...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have stayed at Traditions twice - both times over holidays. The rooms are very nice, the hotel is quiet, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Both stays were during the winter, and we appreciated the hot coffee and tea readily available in the lobby! The breakfast was also a step above that you would find in a chain hotel. Will definitely stay here again while visiting family in the area. We hope to go during warmer weather and take advantage of the grounds and the hiking trails!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have never been to a bed and breakfast and was curious to join in on a friend's bachelorette party for massages, salon services, and a special day in preparation for her wedding the following weekend. I figured experiencing Tradition's Spa would give me an idea of their services and setting in case I ever decide to get married in a more country area. Plus, it would be a nice distraction in variety from the usual Spa I go to in the City. On the way there our car stalled so one of the girls called as a courtesy to tell them we would be 10 minutes late because we had to wait for our ride (plus we were only 4 miles away and called 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment). The receptionest told us to either reschedule until after the wedding or cancel. We were practically in their parking lot and they still refused to accept only even three of us. When we chose to cancel, since the next open date would be after the wedding, they told us there was a 300$ cancellation fee. Shocked, we asked where the fee came from and how they could charge us for services that were never provided and a fee that was never mentioned when the appointment was booked by phone. Apparently the fee is "on their website" had we thought to read through their website we would have came a couple hours in advance instead of being charged. Finally we requested a manager and had to explain the story all over again and even asked if we could possibly cut the massages short, cancel the pedis, and pay the full service amount to avoid conflicting their schedule. Turned out the manager was just the manager of front desk and did not assist in spa services and refused to assist at all. After 20 minutes of not getting anywhere when we could have been getting our "relaxing" treatments, we had enough of the shady behavior and finally decided to book at another spa that was very friendly and went out of their way to fit us all in for full services and relieve us of the unnecessary treatment and stressful morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Krasavetsa
Vestal, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Didn't stay overnight at the 'Resort' but have heard from associates that their room was very accommodating. I'm not immediately sure what classifiies the location as a Resort - it sits on a larger piece of property (as opposed to a typical hotel sitting in the middle of a parking lot) but I'm not positive that someone expecting a full Resort experience would agree with that classification. They do have Spa services and a golf course, though. My direct knowledge is of the meeting space. We were in the small/medium sized room on the first floor, access through "The Tavern" (breakfast space). It was a pleasing difference from the typically neutral, shall I say boring, conference space in most locations. The room had enough character to make it charming without being distracting. The Staff were pleasant and quick to assist when requested. The food and beverages were tasty and easily available. The location is good - easy access from the highway but up on a hill with a pleasant view. I thought it was a nice change from the vanilla ambience in most meeting locations.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I got a 2 night voucher deal to Traditions at Glen Resort, and used it as a spa weekend. It was a great deal, so I wasn’t disappointed. I would not call this a resort, though, but just a hotel. I like older hotels, and it had some of that charm lurking. But a refurbishment sort of erased what could have been a much more interesting place. The staff are very nice, the rooms adequate, bed was great. There is no lobby, but a couple of small sitting areas. No bar area, or cozy restaurant, or light fare, or lunch. It was still chilly, but there wasn’t a chair or even a bench to be found outside. There’s no porch or patio adjacent to the building, despite the huge expanse and interesting view.

I didn’t eat lunch or dinner at the hotel, and there is not a lot close by. I had in room breakfasts that were great, nice and hot. No iPod dock as promised, and when I asked I was told they were only in suites. The place had few guests, and you would have thought they would just get me one. The wi-fi in my room hardly worked (maybe it was the “voucher” room, as it was oddly shaped and arranged). There are nice walking trails around the property, and one that follows along a stream.

The spa services were very nice. I had a wonderful massage and facial. Not a real elegant ambiance, (my standard is Bedford Springs Resort), but just fine. The salt cave is a must; very relaxing.

If you get a good deal, it is a nice place to go for a spa weekend. Or if you need a hotel in the area, it is fine too. I am happy I went, and feel relaxed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dc2150
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I recently had massages, facials, and pedicures and it was absolutely lovely. My massage was a bit on the rough side but the facial and pedicure absolutely made up for it. I highly recommend Sarah for facials and, I believe the girl was Ashley, for pedicures. (Sorry I'm terrible with names). Thank you ladies.

• Stayed February 2013
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University

Been to Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Property: Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Address: 4101 Watson Blvd, Johnson City, NY 13790-1028
Location: United States > New York > Johnson City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City 3.5*
Imagine an exhilarating round of golf, a pampering spa treatment, superb dining and luxurious accommodations all in one scenic, historic destination. Nestled amid rolling hills and a lovely wooded area, our hotel in the Greater Binghamton Area offers unique rooms and spacious suites, an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service, state of the art spa, salt sanctuary and seasonal Tavern dining letting you enjoy your leisure time without leaving the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traditions At The Glen Hotel Johnson City