Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have stayed at Traditions twice - both times over holidays. The rooms are very nice, the hotel is quiet, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Both stays were during the winter, and we appreciated the hot coffee and tea readily available in the lobby! The breakfast was also a step above that you would find in a chain hotel. Will definitely stay here again while visiting family in the area. We hope to go during warmer weather and take advantage of the grounds and the hiking trails!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have never been to a bed and breakfast and was curious to join in on a friend's bachelorette party for massages, salon services, and a special day in preparation for her wedding the following weekend. I figured experiencing Tradition's Spa would give me an idea of their services and setting in case I ever decide to get married in a more country area. Plus, it would be a nice distraction in variety from the usual Spa I go to in the City. On the way there our car stalled so one of the girls called as a courtesy to tell them we would be 10 minutes late because we had to wait for our ride (plus we were only 4 miles away and called 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment). The receptionest told us to either reschedule until after the wedding or cancel. We were practically in their parking lot and they still refused to accept only even three of us. When we chose to cancel, since the next open date would be after the wedding, they told us there was a 300$ cancellation fee. Shocked, we asked where the fee came from and how they could charge us for services that were never provided and a fee that was never mentioned when the appointment was booked by phone. Apparently the fee is "on their website" had we thought to read through their website we would have came a couple hours in advance instead of being charged. Finally we requested a manager and had to explain the story all over again and even asked if we could possibly cut the massages short, cancel the pedis, and pay the full service amount to avoid conflicting their schedule. Turned out the manager was just the manager of front desk and did not assist in spa services and refused to assist at all. After 20 minutes of not getting anywhere when we could have been getting our "relaxing" treatments, we had enough of the shady behavior and finally decided to book at another spa that was very friendly and went out of their way to fit us all in for full services and relieve us of the unnecessary treatment and stressful morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Krasavetsa
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Didn't stay overnight at the 'Resort' but have heard from associates that their room was very accommodating. I'm not immediately sure what classifiies the location as a Resort - it sits on a larger piece of property (as opposed to a typical hotel sitting in the middle of a parking lot) but I'm not positive that someone expecting a full Resort experience would agree with that classification. They do have Spa services and a golf course, though. My direct knowledge is of the meeting space. We were in the small/medium sized room on the first floor, access through "The Tavern" (breakfast space). It was a pleasing difference from the typically neutral, shall I say boring, conference space in most locations. The room had enough character to make it charming without being distracting. The Staff were pleasant and quick to assist when requested. The food and beverages were tasty and easily available. The location is good - easy access from the highway but up on a hill with a pleasant view. I thought it was a nice change from the vanilla ambience in most meeting locations.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I got a 2 night voucher deal to Traditions at Glen Resort, and used it as a spa weekend. It was a great deal, so I wasn’t disappointed. I would not call this a resort, though, but just a hotel. I like older hotels, and it had some of that charm lurking. But a refurbishment sort of erased what could have been a much more interesting place. The staff are very nice, the rooms adequate, bed was great. There is no lobby, but a couple of small sitting areas. No bar area, or cozy restaurant, or light fare, or lunch. It was still chilly, but there wasn’t a chair or even a bench to be found outside. There’s no porch or patio adjacent to the building, despite the huge expanse and interesting view.

I didn’t eat lunch or dinner at the hotel, and there is not a lot close by. I had in room breakfasts that were great, nice and hot. No iPod dock as promised, and when I asked I was told they were only in suites. The place had few guests, and you would have thought they would just get me one. The wi-fi in my room hardly worked (maybe it was the “voucher” room, as it was oddly shaped and arranged). There are nice walking trails around the property, and one that follows along a stream.

The spa services were very nice. I had a wonderful massage and facial. Not a real elegant ambiance, (my standard is Bedford Springs Resort), but just fine. The salt cave is a must; very relaxing.

If you get a good deal, it is a nice place to go for a spa weekend. Or if you need a hotel in the area, it is fine too. I am happy I went, and feel relaxed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dc2150
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I recently had massages, facials, and pedicures and it was absolutely lovely. My massage was a bit on the rough side but the facial and pedicure absolutely made up for it. I highly recommend Sarah for facials and, I believe the girl was Ashley, for pedicures. (Sorry I'm terrible with names). Thank you ladies.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Traditions at the Glen is a magnificant resort nestled on top of a hill with a view that is incredible. This is the secluded place to go and escape for a quiet get away that is beautiful, serene and has it all from a golf course, walking trails through the glen and the most divine spa and the Salt Santuary is a must do.

The rooms are cozy and comfortable (you will want to take the bed home with you), spotlessly clean and the staff is warm, inviting and charming.

As for nobody knows your name, most of us have travelled and run into people we know from home, the location of Tradtions lends itself to be a place to go easily accessible (Rte 17) but far enough off the beaten track not to be the "typical" destination. Rest, relax and enjoy the divine seclusion.

Room Tip: The standard room is considered cozy by "modern" hotel standards but is not cramped. If y...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at Traditions to attend a funeral, we had a large group. Accomodations were great, rooms (especially beds) were comfortable and clean. Staff was awesome! Very conveinient to Rt 17 and Binghampton area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Candlewood Suites Vestal - Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown

Been to Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Address: 4101 Watson Blvd, Johnson City, NY 13790-1028
Location: United States > New York > Johnson City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Price Range: $116 - $166 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City 3.5*
Imagine an exhilarating round of golf, a pampering spa treatment, superb dining and luxurious accommodations all in one scenic, historic destination. Nestled amid rolling hills and a lovely wooded area, our hotel in the Greater Binghamton Area offers unique rooms and spacious suites, an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service, state of the art spa, salt sanctuary and seasonal Tavern dining letting you enjoy your leisure time without leaving the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traditions At The Glen Hotel Johnson City