“What an unbelievable VALUE!”

Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Malta, New York
“What an unbelievable VALUE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

When I saw the nightly price we paid for this hotel, I was surprised. It already even sounded too nice for such a low price according to my coworker's explanation of the hotel and his experiences there. We checked in and he was greeted with a little bag filled with some beverages and candies. Thats nice service. Checking in was super fast and easy. When I saw my room, I was blown away. The beds are large and nicely spaced out. Everything looks like you're in the super fancy guest room of your cousins house. My view was also spectacular, looking out at the fountain and down the grounds and all the way past the road to the mountains. The bathroom is so nice, and again it felt more like a home bathroom than a hotel bathroom which I appreciated. They also provide a magnifier light-up mirror which is great for ladies applying makeup. The complimentary toiletries are luxury by RUSK which I loved because they smell great!

The beds were amazing- like sleeping on a cloud! They have a huge pillowtop on them. The TV's are old and my remote didn't work all too well but I'll trade a good TV for the amazing mattress ANYDAY.

We did have dinner at the hotel restaurant. They had an event going on so our food did take a little longer to come out. We tried the crab and artichoke appetizer which was delicious- we could've used extra crustini. I chose the crabcakes for dinner. I thought they'd be lump crab but it was more like canned minced crab. They didn't have great flavor. And my vegetables were pretty bland, so my plate stayed mostly full. I'd probably give it another chance, maybe they were having an off night.

They do have breakfast in the morning and I actually made it there once. They have a waffle machine, offered some scones and toast and fresh fruit salad. They had juices and coffee. Overall a nice complimentary breakfast offering.

I can't wait to stay at this hotel again. Oh, and they put fresh baked cookies out at night next to the front desk! Another homey touch that I appreciated and thought was so neat. The front desk staff I dealt with were all extremely nice. I really don't have a single thing to complain about, other than I wish I could've the mattress home with me !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
kfata, Assistant General Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
You have left us speechless! We are delighted that you had a more than enjoyable stay with us at Traditions! It is our goal to surpass every expectation every visit! We truly apologize that you dinner was not up to our standards and do hope, as you offered, we are granted an opportunity to exceed your expectations. We have shared your constructive comments with our Chef and his team. As for the fabulous mattresses, you CAN take one home with you!! We offer our guests the chance to purchase through Traditions with a fantastic discount! We genuinely thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to serving you in future visits to the Greater Binghamton Area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Windsor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight and were blown away. From the moment we arrived, to the time we left, the staff and facilities were awesome. Their Spa facilities and their special "Salt Sanctuary" left us feeling wonderful. They have thought of everything possible to make your Spa experience glorious. As for the accommodations (41 rooms) we can't say enough good things about it and the service staff. They have a small tavern that serves delicious meals and their Sunday brunch is awesome. This resort brings back fond memories to me because it used to be the IBM Homestead, where many dignitaries stayed, and also was part of my experience working for IBM in Endicott, the home of IBM. The grounds and facilities are immaculate and the scenery is breathtaking. It also has a golf course. If you would like a nice "get-away", this is the place to go in the Binghamton area. We are from the area and are amazed at what they have done to enhance and recreate this piece of history. It was truly wonderful and we can't wait for a return visit. If you would like a nice get-away, we highly recommend the Traditions at the Glen in beautiful upstate New York.

Room Tip: They have some "special" rooms that are larger and connected to each other that bridal par...
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We are ‘WOWED’ by the generosity of your comments! We are so excited to hear that we have done what we strive for; exceeding every guest’s expectations! Yes, the property has great history which we attempt to share with our guests via captioned photos and wonderful stories. The Salt Sanctuary in our state of the art Spa is quickly becoming a favorite among guests and our local neighbors, we are pleased you had an opportunity to join us. We change our packages seasonally to ‘spice’ things up, so keep looking for fall/winter to be out soon! Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again!
binghamton, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Overall I give the spa a B+, in part because the treatment (hot stone massage) itself was an A-. Nice but not spectacular spa in the basement of the Traditions at the Glen Hotel. Clearly aiming for a high end clientele, with average prices for treatments (i.e. no bargains but not overpriced). The spa itself -- locker room space, resting space/quiet room, showers -- was nicely appoint but all the spaces were small and felt very cramped. No sauna, steam room (there are steam showers, not the same thing), or jacuzzi. There is something called the "salt sanctuary" that I didn't try and that has separate admission...

Room Tip: sorry didn't stay over
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have shared your comments with the Spa Manager and team. With the property being built in 1919 and a few additions while it was owned by IBM, the builders had a challenge to fit a first-class spa in such a space without diminishing the history. We do hope you have an opportunity to visit our newest addition to the resort, the Salt Sanctuary. Offering alternative healing in a unique environment was an ambition of the team. Discounts are available for all overnight guests.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Small room for a king bed, but comfortable and quiet. Friendly staff. We have stayed at many other places in the area and this one is definitely the best for price and cleanliness

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for commenting about your stay with us! Our teams at Traditions take great pride in providing superior service at an exceptional value. Most of our traditional rooms with one king bed are a bit cozy. The owners utilized two original rooms from when the property served IBM. We have a few captioned photos throughout the hotel and would LOVE to share some of this history during your next visit!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Had to book a hotel for a funeral and took a chance on this place. We were greeted when we walked in and the young lady at the desk was extremely friendly and professional. The room was very small for a king bed, not much room to move around. I went to check on a bigger room and was happily shown a room. The next room was a suite, very nice size and the rate was very good as well. I switched rooms and once again was treated very nicely. Everything was clean and organized. I went for a glass of wine and this college aged girl waited on us. When I asked what red wines they had, not only did she tell me but she told me the vineyard and where it was located. We had our drinks in the other room and she would check on us. I must admit I was thrown for a loop but was very impressed with her. The complimentary breakfast was very satisfying. The grounds are nice as well. I've never left a review for anything before but since I relied on reviews when making my choice I felt the need to give back. I would stay here again and I recommend this hotel. I hope you have the same experience.

Room Tip: regular rooms are very small. I enjoyed the suite and paid under $150.00 a night which for my trave...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
kfata, Assistant General Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Our team thrives on positive feedback from valued guests, such as you! We strive to create a feeling of being home…especially during difficult times. Perchance during your next visit to Traditions you might have some time to join us in the Salt Sanctuary or take a hike through the Glen. We are so pleased you felt the need to share your experience and do hope to see you again! Thank you!
Hampstead, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed two nights in April and had a very plesant stay. Only downer was that the golf course wasn't open yet. Missed it by a week. Beautiful hotel with wonderful views of the valley and surounding hills. Nice place to go and just relax for a few days and get away from it all. Large, large property, so you can take that 1 or 2 mile walk and not be bothered by anyone. Clean and well appointed room. Updated bath room with plenty of elbow room. Very comfortable bed. Comp breakfast with the usual fare. Everything fresh and very well done. Will need to drive to restaurants for dinner. Shopping nearby. Binghamton University 10 min away. Would have give them a "5" dot review if the golf course had been open, ..... but that's not really their fault I guess.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with Traditions! We apologize that our golf course was not open during your visit, but we are open now! Our team was working diligently to prepare and repair after the September flooding and boy is it on track! We have many golfers frequent who thoroughly enjoy this challenging course. Please feel free to ask our guest service team for a map of the Glen hiking trails. Thank you for sharing such valuable feedback; it is guests such as yourself who assist us towards our goal of excellence!
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I was on a business trip here and was expecting the typical 'cold' business environment many resorts exude but instead was greeted in a fashion mostly accorded to B&B's rather than grand resorts. Immediately placed at ease by "Stephanie" at the front desk I felt the cozy and warm ambience and knew this was going to be good. The front desk even calls your room after a few minutes to ensure all is as expected. My 3rd floor room overlooked the parking lot so not much scenery there but this was after all a business trip not a vacation. Try getting the even numbered 3rd floor rooms as they look out on the expansive front lawn area with rolling hills in the distance.

The rooms are very clean, the bathrooms updated and they had good wireless connection in the entire place. The breakfast was complimentary and had the typical 'continental' stuff but also came with scrambled eggs and crisp bacon as well as a waffle station.

The eating area (The Tavern on the 2nd-main floor) which serves approx. 20 people for breakfast as well as dinner, is small but I assume the connecting formal dining room could be opened up for larger parties.

Being this close to the Binghamton area, one would not expect much in either accommodations or meals but their 'The Tavern' menu was surprisingly robust and the food was delicious. Their "Gourmet Grilled Cheese" sandwich at $8.00 was outstanding while the Charbroiled Filet Mignon was 1st class but pricey at $29.00.

The bar and the tables were fabulously and efficiently attended to by the same person, "Caitlin" whose warmth and pleasant attitude was appreciated by all and added to the resort's overall 'coziness'.

The catered affair I participated in was also pleasantly attended to and had plenty of tasty morsels for the hungry business crowd that was present.

The front desk put out some excellent and warm cookies and other treats as the day went by.

At checkout I was asked "was there anything else we could have done better next time?". Hey, I like that attitude!!!! They are obviously really trying hard to make your stay a memorable one.

For me they succeeded!

Room Tip: Check for the eeven numbered rooms on the 3rd floor. The views are nicer.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind and positive feedback! I have shared your review with the team and our General Manager. We do continually strive to exceed our guests’ expectations every visit and it gives us joy to know we have done so. We are looking forward to summertime when we might delight your taste buds with seasonal entrees. Perhaps during your next visit the weather will be pleasant enough for you to enjoy a round of golf or hike through the glen. Our full service spa also enjoys when our overnights guests have an opportunity to visit. Thank you again, we look forward to serving you during your next visit to the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
BEST WESTERN PLUS of Johnson City
Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City

Been to Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Property: Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Address: 4101 Watson Blvd, Johnson City, NY 13790-1028
Location: United States > New York > Johnson City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City 3.5*
Imagine an exhilarating round of golf, a pampering spa treatment, superb dining and luxurious accommodations all in one scenic, historic destination. Nestled amid rolling hills and a lovely wooded area, our hotel in the Greater Binghamton Area offers unique rooms and spacious suites, an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service, state of the art spa, salt sanctuary and seasonal Tavern dining letting you enjoy your leisure time without leaving the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traditions At The Glen Hotel Johnson City