Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Bristow, Virginia
“Go for the spa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

The hotel is not bad - the gorgeous setting definitely puts icing on a bit of a fallen cake. At times I felt like I was staying in an old dorm that had been refurbished into a hotel. That being said - service was impeccable and the property is homey.

The spa is another matter entirely - upscale and plush. I had a 60-minute massage, which was fantastic, and then I spent time getting ready in the bathroom. Whoever designed the spa has taken a page from similar places in larger cities. The little touches are what matter - I arrived here after having spent a full day traveling. I didn't even unpack my suitcase before heading to the spa. I didn't need to - every product (hair care, deodorant, combs, etc.) were available in plentiful supply. The beauty products are all Aveda (no silly sample sizes), the towels are plush and the robes are cozy. And the massage was refreshing and relaxing!

Service is discreet and quiet. I loved my spa experience here and will return next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Phlyjets
kfata, Assistant General Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing Traditions as your place of rest in the Binghamton area! I apologize that your room was not as comfortable as you had hoped. Our traditional king guest rooms are cozy as we attempt to encourage our guests to explore the hotel facilities. We do offer several additional more spacious room types that may interest you upon your return.
The Spa at Traditions and Salt Sanctuary are two wonderful venues on property! We are thrilled you had the opportunity to take advantage of a massage! Our team continually strives to exceed your expectations every visit. We have taken great care to provide modern comforts in a historic hotel. We look forward to serving you during your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
outside nyc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Recently spent a week in this area and after staying one night on the Vestal Parkway, opted for a different venue.
This is old fashioned but nice.
An old executive retreat for IBM and a residence for when Thomas Watson would visit, the place is quiet, in a beautiful spot and featuring a wonderful spa.
It is not the Four Seasons, but it is by far the bet option Monday through Friday.
I was also there on a Saturday night when a huge wedding was taking place.
Serenity becomes chaos with no silence anywhere.
I chose to join the wedding party.

Room Tip: Avoid any big party nights.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank OutsideNycStevie
We are delighted that you had an opportunity to join us at Traditions! There is a wonderful, rich history which we love to share with all visiting guests. There are even some captioned photos throughout the hotel showing with the property looked like ‘back in the day.’
I apologize you were disrupted by the event taking place in our ballroom. We do make a concerted effort to place any guest not participating in events, away from the festivities for a more relaxing visit. It would be our pleasure to assist you with future travel to the Binghamton area so you may enjoy for stay in total. Thank you for your valuable feedback and support of Traditions!
Cortland, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

I went there for my friend wedding. The outside property is very beautiful, golf course on site and beautiful view. The room is a bit small but serve the purpose. Nothing fancy or special in the guest room. I myself did not like the mattress, it was too soft for my taste. Overall, this hotel is a better choice than the hotel chain and if i will be in the area again definitely will be my pick.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pinaris
kfata, Assistant General Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to Traditions and your friend’s wedding! We do apologize that you did not sleep well on our Sealy Ultra-Plush Eurotop Mattress, they do have a 3” pillow top and can feel soft. Please note when you choose to travel to Traditions again and we would be happy to discuss options for a more comfortable stay. We have updated our guest rooms with new bedding and offer robes and slippers for use during each stay. Your feedback is much appreciated as we strive to offer the best Binghamton has to offer. Thank you for choosing Traditions!
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

My brother=in-law and sister-in-law usually stay at the Marriott or Hampton Inn when they visit our family in Vestal. They looked online for the prices of rooms available for the Christmas season. They noticed Traditions was the lowest price and decided to try it. They were so impressed with the room, comfort of the bed and breakfast that was offered to them. They said this is where they will stay everytime they come to visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JOANDOT
kfata, Assistant General Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you to your family for allowing us the opportunity to be their place of rest while visiting during the holidays! And thank you JOANDOT for your positive feedback. Our team at Traditions is always eager to hear of any guest comment as we make every effort to surpass every guest’s expectations. The next time they are in town I would invite you to all dine in our Tavern for lunch or dinner.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Beautiful grounds, great breakfast, comfortable beds, and a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kfata, Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your first visit to Traditions at the Glen! Your positive feedback will be shared with our team as we strive to exceed every guest’s expectations. We look forward to your future stays and continuing to provide extraordinary service. Thank you!
central ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you are a seasoned traveler who is looking for a lovely property not on the beaten path but easily in reach of it - this is the place for you in the greater Binghamton area! My downtown selection was booked so I made a reservation at the Glen. I'm very happy with that turn of events!

The public areas are very clean and nicely decorated as was my room. The bathroom was a good size with very nice updates like a granite counter and upgraded (Kohler) fixtures. The bed was very comfortable and the triple sheets are a nice touch. Another nice touch was the phone call from the front desk about a half hour after check in to make sure everything was satisfactory.

There was a Wedding the evening that I was there yet I hardly heard a thing - the room was very quiet.

Knowing that some Continental breakfasts are cold foods only - I would rate this Continental higher than some other reviews. Bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, fruit salad, make your own waffles and a really nice assortment of pastries as well as freshly squeezed orange juice are better than most!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the front lawn if you like views.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kfata, Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you upstateny for your positive comments! Our goal with every guest is to exceed expectations and I am pleased we have done so for your first visit! I do hope that though you have a preferred hotel when you travel to the Binghamton area, that you will consider continuing a ‘tradition’ with us. Remember to sign up for our loyalty program during your next stay and start earning points towards rooms, golf or spa!
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The summer of 2011 I attended 2 weddings and their receptions here at Tranditions. Both events were fantastic. The service was friendly and quick. The hall, restroom, bar are very clean and bright. The view from atop is beautiful. I needed a "breather" and was able to walk around the groomed green grass and follow the paths around the entire facility. Can't wait to attend another wedding here....perhaps my own some day!!! LOL

Room Tip: Try to choose a room facing the valley view. Or if you're not into the valley, you may choose on...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kfata, Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Traditions at the Glen takes great pride in providing outstanding service in all avenues of the resort! We are so glad that you have been able to join us for two separate events and sample our incredible food! Our team strives to exceed guest expectations every day. During your next visit I would suggest scheduling an appointment in our full service spa and salt sanctuary for an added treat! Thank you for your comments, we appreciate and value all feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
BEST WESTERN PLUS of Johnson City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City

Been to Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Property: Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Address: 4101 Watson Blvd, Johnson City, NY 13790-1028
Location: United States > New York > Johnson City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City 3.5*
Imagine an exhilarating round of golf, a pampering spa treatment, superb dining and luxurious accommodations all in one scenic, historic destination. Nestled amid rolling hills and a lovely wooded area, our hotel in the Greater Binghamton Area offers unique rooms and spacious suites, an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service, state of the art spa, salt sanctuary and seasonal Tavern dining letting you enjoy your leisure time without leaving the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traditions At The Glen Hotel Johnson City