“Cheap, Great Value. Would stay here again when I'm in Binghamton.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City

Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cheap, Great Value. Would stay here again when I'm in Binghamton.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed in Binghamton in mid December 2013. I was looking for a relatively cheap place to stay and decided to try a Red Roof Inn for the first time.

For $50 for a regular room, it is a GREAT value. The room was very clean, contemporary-looking, and did a fairly good job of blocking out noise (though the whole place was pretty quiet). The mini-fridge was much-appreciated, and the heating system did a good job of maintaining a comfortable temperature in the room.

The hotel is close to several non-fancy dining options (fast food, chinese buffet) and is across the street from a shopping mall. The parking lot was also well-lit.

The room is a little small and it may be hard to get around for bigger people, but they offer a deluxe room for only $10 more. I plan to try that next time.

Overall, I left feeling very satisfied with my stay and will definitely stay here again when I'm in Binghamton. The next time I travel anywhere and am looking to save a buck, I will heavily consider a Red Roof Inn (hopefully, most of them are as good as this one).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ty G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

ALWAYS my favorite stop near Binghamton, NY. You get a good, clean, and warm room and the staff is excellent. There are places to eat around the motel and there's nothing more you can ask for when traveling. I always try to plan my travels so that if I end up anywhere, it'll be the Red Roof Inn in the Binghamton/Johnson City area!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pat T
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel was clean and affordable for a last minute weekend stay. We didn't find any problems with our room. Enjoyed having a mini fridge and flat screen T.V. Wish the sheets were a little softer but other than that a very good value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We used this hotel as a mid-point between Ottawa and Baltimore, and were so pleased we went back on our way home from Baltimore. Rented two rooms, got AAA discount, very good value, very clean updated rooms, well lit parking lot, coffee and hot chocolate available and water bottles. Walk to Pizza Hut or Taco Bell (good if you are too exhausted to drive anywhere), easy access to the I-81, close to shopping. Can't say I saw anything wrong with it, not a luxury hotel, but great value, quiet, clean and modern. What more when you just need to rest your head?

Room Tip: If you book ahead of time, try to get a downstairs room or you have to haul your luggage upstairs yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrsSweetPea
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Remodeled RR was a great value, modern & clean, with fridge/micro, flat screen TV, and lots of easily acceptable outlets for your laptop & chargers. Park in front of your room with it's own outside entrance door which makes it so much easier to transfer luggage to & from the room rather than wrestle an unwieldy cart down a long carpeted hallway. Parking lot was well lit and we felt our vehicles were safe. Excellent customer service ~ Anita at the front desk was wonderful on the phone & even nicer in person & check in was a breeze. My husband wears a leg brace & she went out of her way to accommodate our needs. Natalie the next morning was just as sweet at check out the next morning. Icing on the cake was the great price! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank LINDA H
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I visit my son near Binghamton a few times a year and have stayed at other hotels. This is the best value by far! The room has a great work area and a very comfortable bed. The room is as nice as the more expensive hotels nearby, but is priced like the cheap inn down the road. All the amenities I need, easy to find, close to everything. The staff is very friendly and helpful. so affordable I was able to extend my visit!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryEllen444
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here on 12/13/13. The room was great, looked clean, and was comfortable. The price was great and it's conveniently located. But when we woke up in the morning, we found two live bed bugs - one in the bed and one in the shower. The hotel refunded our money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kerry t
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Kerry T I am very happy to report that we had your room professionally inspected and there were no bed bugs found. As finding any sort of insect is a most unpleasant situation, I completely understand your dissatisfaction with your stay and as such we did not feel you should pay for a stay that was less than exceptional. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room for all our guests and while we met those needs, we fell short of the mark, as you had unwanted visitors that we did not plan for. I do hope you would consider returning in the future as our personnel are trained to inspect our rooms in an ongoing effort to keep our hotel free of such problems. Feel free to ask a member of my staff or myself to personally inspect your room upon arrival which would hopefully allow you to sleep peacefully, knowing you will not be visited during your sleep. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at 607-729-8940.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Grand Royale Hotel
Grand Royale Hotel
#9 of 13 in Binghamton

Been to Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City? Share your experiences!