“Great -- Until Bed Bugs”

Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
New York City, New York
“Great -- Until Bed Bugs”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here on 12/13/13. The room was great, looked clean, and was comfortable. The price was great and it's conveniently located. But when we woke up in the morning, we found two live bed bugs - one in the bed and one in the shower. The hotel refunded our money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kerry t
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Kerry T I am very happy to report that we had your room professionally inspected and there were no bed bugs found. As finding any sort of insect is a most unpleasant situation, I completely understand your dissatisfaction with your stay and as such we did not feel you should pay for a stay that was less than exceptional. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room for all our guests and while we met those needs, we fell short of the mark, as you had unwanted visitors that we did not plan for. I do hope you would consider returning in the future as our personnel are trained to inspect our rooms in an ongoing effort to keep our hotel free of such problems. Feel free to ask a member of my staff or myself to personally inspect your room upon arrival which would hopefully allow you to sleep peacefully, knowing you will not be visited during your sleep. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at 607-729-8940.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Washington
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Was forced off the road due to weather and this Inn really fits the bill. What I love about the Roof is that stick to a simple formula: a clean room at an affordable price. Many chains will offer things such as in-room coffee, and continental breakfast that the just don't do well.

This Inn offered a friendly staff, a quiet room, all at a super-low price. My only nit would be it's not easily accessible from I-81. But it's worth the slight detour.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank C-Way3
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This Red Roof was my stopping point on a 2-day drive from Knoxville, TN to Concord, NH. It was an absolutely great stay. The inn is right off the main drag in Johnson City so it was near all the major shopping/eating places but just far enough away for a peaceful rest. The room was comfortable with a great king size bed that was easy to get a good night's sleep. The shower's water pressure was superb and the cleanliness of the room was fantastic. If you are passing through Binghamton or staying for a while, I highly recommend this as your place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank chiefwahoo1989
Naguabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Awesome Inn ,, Very clean, Wonderful Front Desk sevices and wonderful caring housekeepers ! Nice and quiet,, Acroos from Oakdale Mall love that ,,, Will visit soon ,, Love from Sunny Puerto Rico Carribean Island

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Edwin P
Amherst, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2013

we needed a one night stay somewhere between buffalo ny area and spring city pa where we were going for a memorial service. We'd be arriving late..9p and leaving early..630a..so wanted something reasonably priced and somewhere we could get off/on the interstate quickly and just pull up and get our bags in our room quickly..not having to deal with elevators and long hallways. Just quick and easy. And that's what it was! We arrived and were greeted quickly by the young lady at the reception desk (nice touch with the Christmas tree in lobby) who checked us in quickly. I had seen that the rooms had been renovated and that was the reason we ended up at red roof and not the super 8 or knights inn etc.. we were pleasantly surprised the room looked just like the pictures...well except for the actual size was much smaller than the pictures looked. Sheets on the bed where clean and crisp..room smelled fresh..without any artificial perfumey scents. room was cold when we arrived however once we turned up the heater it was fine within a few short minutes. Very clean room! Good job Red Roof Binghamton..thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very friendly. Clean. Quiet. The room, though small, was just right for a comfortable and affordable overnight. The lobby had a very pleasant potpourri scent. The staff was friendly and very helpful with questions about directions and places to eat. The room was clean, sheets were clean. No smoke or any unpleasant smell. Nice flat screen TV. Everything worked.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Olean, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have to say this was one of the best Red Roof Inns that I have ever stayed at. Jen at the front desk has a great personality. She had a great recommendation for which room I should get. My room was nice, clean, and quiet, just what I needed! She also recommended an italian restaurant near the hotel which was excellent I think it was called Cacciatore's. My only complaint is that the internet did not work very well. I did call down to the desk and Jen did call the internet provider but it did not seem to help too much. Other than that I will be back again next time I'm traveling. Thanks for a great stay in Binghamton.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter