“Clean, spacious, reasonably priced.”

Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Happy Creek, VA
“Clean, spacious, reasonably priced.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Each time I'm in the Greater Binghamton area I stay at the Red Roof Inn in Johnson City. It's right in the middle between Binghamton and Endicott, and a scenic drive from the Finger Lakes. The last time I stayed at the Red Roof I had one of the superior king rooms. This room was very clean, spacious, had a nice desk for work, and the bed was above average. The room also had a fridge and microwave for convenience. You also can't beat that it's close to a Wegman's grocery store and there's this little hole in the wall bar called the Deacon's Bench that is just a hoot. Go there to try "spiedies", "City chicken", and some pretty good wings. This area is also crazy on something called "Hot Pie" but where I'm from we call it pizza (we also don't use American cheese on it).
Either way the staff at the Red Roof is very friendly and check in/check out takes minutes. The only item I am not a fan of is that the pillows are child sized, and if there's 2 adults in the room they give you 2 postage stamp size towels. Other than that I will be heading back to the Greater Binghamton area soon and I already have my reservation at the Red Roof. Gonna have me some "Hot Pie" and "City Chicken" (which isn't even chicken at all....crazy!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Goldens Bridge, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is nothing special, but is nicely very close to the Wegmann's grocery store, which is a huge plus for grabbing easy and good food.

Stayed two nights in June while visiting family. Exterior and interior are pretty grungy, but I given the price I would stay again.

I wouldn't recommend this as a romantic getaway, but it is perfectly serviceable for people needing a place to stop overnight from the highway or those that would spend the majority of their time out of the room.

Room Tip: I would generally prefer the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pearl River, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed recently for the graduation weekend at Binghamton University. You have to book about a year in advance and we did. I reserved a room on the first floor as we were taking our old, arthritic dog. A couple of nights before, I called to confirm and I was told we were in a second floor walkup room. I explained to the wonderful Anita our situation. I stated I had expressly stated our first floor room need a year before. She worked things out so we were on the first floor which worked great for us and our dog. We have stayed several times and find the hotel to be neat and roomy, perfect for visiting the college. There is a shopping center across the street and a Wegman's store down the block. It is an easy drive to the college and it is far better not to be in downtown Binghamton

Room Tip: The second floor rooms are walk ups so if you have a pet or don't do stairs well, ask for a firs...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill A
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliments! Anita was delighted to know that her efforts were appreciated and that she was able to honor your special requests to make your stay 100% enjoyable! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and thank you for sharing your feedback!

Happy Travels,

Marcy Nelson
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I decided a few days before the weekend that I wanted to visit Binghamton and found the best rates available were at the Red Roof Inn. I was kind of hesitant because I had never stayed at a Red Roof before but I booked two nights at the Inn in Binghamton. I had car trouble on the way to NY and didn't arrive till 11 PM at night, tired and disgusted with the car issues, but I was greeted with a smile and within five minutes, I was on my way to the room. At that point I was too tired to notice much and went to bed immediately. The next morning, I examined my little home away from home and was surprised at how clean and well maintained everything was. Since my reason for visiting Binghamton was to hike, I didn't expect to spend much time in my room but the comfort of this hotel made me wish that I had a little more time to spend enjoying it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our's was a one-night stay on a long trip. After a long, tiring day, we appreciated the nice comfortable room at a very reasonable price. We stayed in a superior king room. This location has had recent room updates and redecorating. It was very nice and clean. With a mall nearby, there were several dining choices available in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kat F
Amherst, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We came in for a dog show and it great that pets stay free. They even have a station in the walking area with poop bags and disposal. We were in a handicapped accessible room, so our bathroom was very spacious and had both an overhead and handheld shower fixture. The front desk was very efficient and ready to please. I appreciated the large pump pots of coffee in the lobby. They landscaped the courtyard very nicely and kept it well maintained. There was free Wi-fi that was easy to access. The only negative, and small at that, is that there wasn't much surface area to put things down on. Our laptop took up a lot of it, so there was no extra table and only one chair in the room. The mini fridge and microwave made breakfast a lot nicer!
It was conveniently located and 8 minutes from Binghamton.

Room Tip: All have doors exiting to the outside and the only access to the second floor is by stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2013

reserved a room online in advance, check in was quick and easy, friendly desk staff. My wife, my dog and I were all very pleased with the room. Comfortable beds, and the extra outlets were appreciated.
Probably the best value for dog-friendly hotels in the area
Especially because this hotel doesn't charge extra for pets, it sure would be nice if the guests would clean up after their dogs. Someone let their dog "go" about 4 paces from the pet cleanup station. Come on, people, really?!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
#8 of 13 in Binghamton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton

Been to Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City? Share your experiences!