“Clean, compact, not bad for an overnight” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Richmond, Virginia
“Clean, compact, not bad for an overnight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

First of all, I'm giving this place a 4 based on other motels in the lower-middle tier of accommodations. I was looking for a good price without sacrificing cleanliness & safety, and I was pleased on both counts. I got a great deal through a travel app, and the room was very clean. This is not a premier hotel, but we didn't expect luxury accommodations with first class amenities.
Our room was on the end of the row, and I suspect it was smaller than some others. The bathroom was tiny but adequate. No in-room coffee maker, but complimentary coffee was available in the lobby, even at night.
One thing I really liked was an electrical plug set on one of the night stands that made it easy to recharge my cell phone while using my laptop. There was also a desk with a lamp that had a convenient plug. If you've ever searched a hotel room for a spare outlet, you know what I mean.
My companion arrived first and did a thorough bed bug check & pronounced the "all clear." The room was clean, the bed allowed a good night's sleep, and check in & out was quick, courteous, and easy. The location was convenient to the highway, restaurants, gas, and shopping mall. For a good, basic place to stop for the night, we were pleased.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about room size, ask at the front desk. Our room had a king-size bed, and it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Your feedback is most appreciated! Thank you! It is nice to know you found our hotel to be clean as well as economical. Glad to know you found our newly added extra electrical outlets at the bedside as well as the desk so convenient. As you note your room was smaller and we do offer a Superior King room which is roomier with a micro-fridge, desk and in-room coffee. As you noticed, our rooms are newly renovated and we and continually added new and requested amenities. We just recently installed hair dryers and iron and ironing boards in all of our Superior King rooms. I hope we can accommodate you again soon and truly value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Marcy Nelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Reception staff was friendly and helpful. Room rate was $80+. There is no elevator in this hotel so if you have huge luggages just take note. The room is of decent size, bathroom was clean and the air vent was good. The beds are comfortable but I did notice a layer of dust on the bedside table and on the phone. I guess housekeeping can improve a little. They don't have a coffee maker in the room but you have access to self served all day hot beverages at the lobby. Taco Bell is behind and Macy's is opposite the main road. A convenient location.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be so convenient to area shopping and restaurants. I hope we can welcome you back again soon in the near future!

Westport, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the price and location to family. It seem to have ok review's so I said it is only for one night and booked the room. Looking at the outside I said maybe I should have spent a little more and went somewhere else. That was wrong.... It had all been re-done and was very nice. Very modern looking and clean. I would actually stay here again. It does not have the extra's like a fridge, microwave or even coffee but it worked for the one night stay. It was a nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
So glad you chose to stay with us and had such a great stay! We are currently in the midst of updating our landscaping and I apologize for the dreary grounds. Our hotel was completely renovated and we do our best to offer a stay that is economical and offers great value! It is wonderful to know that you will return to the roof on your next trip! Have a fantastic summer and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Orinda, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Let me begin by saying that we were unfortunate to be in Binghamton on the same weekend as graduation at Binghamton University. We were in town for a family wedding. Many hotels were booked when we started making our travel plans and all of the hotels had virtually doubled their prices for that weekend. As a result, we decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn because it was reasonably priced in comparison and had gotten good reviews on Trip Advisor.
We stayed in a standard king room on the 2nd floor facing the interior of the complex, Room 240.
PROS -The room had been recently updated and was very clean. There was free wi-fi, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was good and strong and the lighting was great (having good reading lights bedside is very important to me). The front desk staff was excellent and helpful. They did not have hairdryers or ironing boards in the room, but these were readily available at the front desk. The location was convenient. I think that the rates normally charged are reasonable. However, since we were paying twice that amount during graduation weekend, I was disappointed with the amenities.
CONS – The room was very small. There was one tiny bar of soap. The bath towels were the thinnest that I have ever used (and no extras were provided). The room had one of those tiny packets of Kleenex, not a box. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet engine and it was integral with the light, so you couldn’t have one without the other. There was no closet in the room, just a pole for hanging clothes near the bathroom sink. There was no coffeemaker, fridge or microwave, although there was coffee and a minimal continental breakfast available in the lobby. There was a safe in the room, but the hotel charged extra for its use. There was a large screen TV, but the remote did not work well with it. There was no “Do Not Disturb” sign to put on the door. Housekeeping did not clean our room the first day, so when we returned that evening we had to go to the front desk to get clean towels and more soap. The outdoor corridors are concrete and so very noisy early morning and late evening and they pass right by the only window in the room, so we left our drapes closed the whole time for privacy.

I believe that the superior rooms have more amenities and, under normal circumstances, would be worth the few extra bucks. If I had known what to expect, I would have preferred to stay further away and, hopefully, have gotten a bit more for my money. I felt like we were paying big city prices in a relatively remote area. I know it was graduation weekend, but I feel that the prices of all the hotels in the area were unreasonable, considering the location.
I do want to stress again that the front desk staff was excellent, but I don’t think that I will be staying at a Red Roof Inn again any time soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience! I am glad to know that there were pros with your visit and understand your concern over the event weekend pricing. During the Binghamton University graduations most of the area sells out nearly a year in advance. While our rates are more than we typically charge, in comparison with others in the market we are still a good value. I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with an experience that would encourage a return visit. I hope that you will not be dissuaded from staying at Red Roof Inn's altogether and will allow us one more chance to show you how great of a hotel we can be. I will be sure to share your feedback with my staff as well and I am very pleased that you found the service to be so nice.

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Each time we have traveled through the Binghamton ny area lately, we have stayed at this hotel. The rooms have been cozy and very very clean! We contrast this with stays at other moderate and higher priced hotels in the area at which we stayed. The location is very handy and close to major roads, having affordable eateries, a giant Wegmans, and a mall across the street. The rooms have always been quiet. Staff at the front desk is friendly and informative each time. Our dog is always welcome, and the pet area is convenient to the rooms, as well as good lighting. We look forward to future visits here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing! It is a pleasure to know that you are a repeat guest and that we have been able to deliver on on our promise to provide a clean, comfortable, affordable room for you on your visits. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Newport, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wow. Just wow. And not in a good way. Others on here have mentioned great experiences and clean rooms. I'm baffled! That certainly was NOT my experience. My experience was miserable.

The first room they sent me to smelled horrible (like old stale smoke, even though the hotel is non-smoking). The staff at the front desk were nice enough and assigned me to a different room which smelled fine. However ... once inside I discovered dead ants all over the bathroom floor, stains and little bits of trash/paper, on the floor, bed was "made" very sloppy and the cover had a big stain on it, part of the shower head was completely unattached, etc. I don't think the room had been swept or vacuumed, and it definitely wasn't swept or vacuumed at any time during my stay. Almost no amenities. No coffee maker. No hair dryer. No shampoo. I went out and bought a bottle of shampoo, then the next day when my room was "cleaned" (I use the term very lightly), suddenly there was a mini bottle of shampoo in the bathroom. Maybe they just forgot the first day? Also, there was a drilling crew staying at the hotel, so each night their very large trucks were creatively parked all over the parking lot, taking up several parking spots each, which made finding parking a bit of a hassle. Then every night before dawn I was awoken by the "beep-beep-beep" of all those trucks backing up. Not pleasant.

I wouldn't stay here again. The price was definitely right, but that's it. I'd say shame on me - you get what you pay for - but I've seen FAR better in the same class of hotel. I at minimum expect the room to be sanitary. Despite my room having been "cleaned" a few times during my stay, the staff never did clean up the dead bugs. They're probably still there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank darcysmile
My sincere apologies for the condition of your room. This is definitely not typical of our hotel nor acceptable. We take pride in ensuring that we offer spotless rooms to our guests and this did not happen in your case. You can be sure that your feedback will be followed up on and that the room has been thoroughly inspected. I would hate to lose your business and would very much like to discuss your stay with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at (607)-729-8940.

White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had stayed previously in this hotel prior to the renovation, and had a good experience then, so when I needed an overnight stop between NY and Ontario I chose this hotel. Convenient location not far off of Route 17. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, and the front desk staff was friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Samlata
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Gret to hear that you have had such a positive experience on all of your stays with us! I do hope you have signed up for our frequent stay program so you can start earning points toward free nights! We now offer complimentary botteld water at check in to all of our Redicard members. I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations!

Happy Travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
BEST WESTERN PLUS of Johnson City
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City
Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Been to Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City? Share your experiences!