Wow. Just wow. And not in a good way. Others on here have mentioned great experiences and clean rooms. I'm baffled! That certainly was NOT my experience. My experience was miserable.
The first room they sent me to smelled horrible (like old stale smoke, even though the hotel is non-smoking). The staff at the front desk were nice enough and assigned me to a different room which smelled fine. However ... once inside I discovered dead ants all over the bathroom floor, stains and little bits of trash/paper, on the floor, bed was "made" very sloppy and the cover had a big stain on it, part of the shower head was completely unattached, etc. I don't think the room had been swept or vacuumed, and it definitely wasn't swept or vacuumed at any time during my stay. Almost no amenities. No coffee maker. No hair dryer. No shampoo. I went out and bought a bottle of shampoo, then the next day when my room was "cleaned" (I use the term very lightly), suddenly there was a mini bottle of shampoo in the bathroom. Maybe they just forgot the first day? Also, there was a drilling crew staying at the hotel, so each night their very large trucks were creatively parked all over the parking lot, taking up several parking spots each, which made finding parking a bit of a hassle. Then every night before dawn I was awoken by the "beep-beep-beep" of all those trucks backing up. Not pleasant.
I wouldn't stay here again. The price was definitely right, but that's it. I'd say shame on me - you get what you pay for - but I've seen FAR better in the same class of hotel. I at minimum expect the room to be sanitary. Despite my room having been "cleaned" a few times during my stay, the staff never did clean up the dead bugs. They're probably still there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated 107 rooms hotel conveniently located adjacent to the Oakdale Mall shopping center and retaurants. Quick drive to all area attractions such as Binghamton Senators and BMets games, Binghamton University, Enjoie Golf Course, as well as both Lourdes and Wilson Hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Johnson City / Binghamton Hotel Johnson City
- Johnson City Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Binghamton