Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Courtyard
$93
HIExpress.com
$90
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanshopping mall across the streetfree coffeeprice rangemini fridgeflat screengreat customer servicewould stay againstaff was friendlygreat place to staynight's sleepfirst floorconvenient locationvisiting familyone night staynice stay
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had stayed previously in this hotel prior to the renovation, and had a good experience then, so when I needed an overnight stop between NY and Ontario I chose this hotel. Convenient location not far off of Route 17. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, and the front desk staff was friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Samlata
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Gret to hear that you have had such a positive experience on all of your stays with us! I do hope you have signed up for our frequent stay program so you can start earning points toward free nights! We now offer complimentary botteld water at check in to all of our Redicard members. I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations!

Happy Travels!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Near I-81 and I-88, just off Route 17, some day to be I-86. Shopping mall across the street, Wegman's supermarket very close. Several national fast food chains nearby. Management provided magazine in the room with menus from many local restaurants. Room was clean with fake wood floors and two scatter rugs. Good basic accommodations for an overnight stay. Quiet neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very glad to know you found our hotel very concenient and clean. I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I almost did not want to book in a Red Roof again and traveled the area a bit until I gave in.
I know that Red Roof Inns are super friendly with pets and I love that about them.
Having just had a bad experience at another RR I was so apprehensive but was highly surprised with our room and this lodging.
It was a pleasure to open the door and not have a "smoke" smell in the 100% smoke free hotel.
This was a great asset. The room smelled wonderful, not of pets and not of smoke.
These are newly updated rooms and are quite nice. I love the wood floors and small rugs.
The seating and desk in the King Deluxe Room were very nice. The refrigerator and the microwave are nice along with the safe.
A very nice budget hotel to stay in while you visit. They are close to the Mall and all great shopping spots and restaurants.
The only thing I am missing is my free water bottle for being a member of RR.
Maybe they will remember on my way out?
It makes for a good visit to have found a nice quiet, clean, and friendly place like this.

Room Tip: I have enjoyed the front building looking out over the mountains of Binghamton. A pretty sight. It is a short walk to the grass area for your dog. The grounds are very well kept and that is an asset too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

So glad you decided to stay with us! As a member of our Redicard program you should be welcomed with a complimentary bottle and also had it replenished during your stay. I am very sorry if this did not happen. We value your feedback and comments. WE are a pet friendly motel and 100% smoke free as you mention. I am happy to know you like our new news and the changes we made during our recent renovation. The wood floors greatly help in keeping the rooms immaculate and free of offensive odors. I hope we can welcome you again on a future trip through our area! Thank you for sharing!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof due to a coupon we found online. Once we were there, after my husband having spoken to the operator, we were told such coupon only applied to Sunday nights, which did not appear in the magazine's lisiting. So, we ended up paying considerably more than we were expecting.
The rooms are OK, but they are not carpeted. Hardwood imitation floors are noisy. The refrigerator did not have a freezer and was operating poorly. It had a coffee maker but no cups and it did not have breakfast. I may be spoiled for lately having had it in virtually every hotel we've stayed during the past couple of years, but there are no diners or restaurants in that area, we spend an hour on the road to find some decent place to it, so not having the usual continental breakfast is a big minus.
The handicap equipment is a total disaster. Worse bath chair ever.
All and all, I felt I was being charged for a city hotel and not for a highway little motel that does not have hallways.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dacty

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I will be sure to remind my housekeepers about proper stocking of coffee supplies in the rooms, as you should have had cups for use with your coffee maker. Our coupons have exclusions and unfortunately, the coupon you had was for Sunday lodging only. I will be sure to have my maintenance man check the operation of the refrigerator in your room as well as the bench seat in the universal access room you mention was not adequate. It is disheartening to know that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. We keep a wide variety of menus at the front desk for local restaurants and diners and I am sorry that my front desk staff did not have the opportunity to assist you in finding a nice diner or restaurant for breakfast. I do hope that you may allow us to accommodate you on a future visit and provide you with a stay that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. It had a microwave oven and a fridge. We especially loved the comfy king bed and the pillows. At 5:30 am, we were woken up by clanging pipes when someone was showering. It turns out the motel is having boiler difficulties. When my husband mentioned the noise to the staff at the front desk he was given a $20 discount for the night. Another positive, the inn is a non-smoking place. All in all a favourable experience. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with other travelers. I am very sorry that you were awoken by pipe noise. We had an issue with a valve and have rectified that problem. I regret that we were unable to take care of the matter prior to your arrival. Knowing you enjoyed our new Serta beds and pillows as well as the cleanliness of the room is great to hear! I hope you will offer us an opportunity to accommodate you agin in the future if your travekl plans bring you our way. Have a wonderful summer and thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback!