“Great stay!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Fairport, New York, United States
“Great stay!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very much enjoyed staying here! Staff was great, room was beautiful - looked newly renovated - and on-line rates were very reasonable. It is conveniently located to travel routes and close to local eateries and shopping. The only surprise was that all rooms have to be accessed from outside and you need to go outside to get to the ice & vending area. I was a little wary as I was traveling by myself, but the walkway was very well lit, though a little chilly. Glad there wasn't any snow to contend with, just the cold weather. Have already booked another stay here for when I am in this area next!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! So nice to know you will be returning soon! I encourage you to sign up for our Redicard program which earns you points towards free night stays! We are now providing our Redicard customers complimentary bottled water during their stays! Hopefully spring will be here on your next trip so you will be a bit warmer! I will be sure to share your comments with all my staff as they work very hard to provide each guest with a great stay!

Marcy Nelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Love the Red Roof Inn, it's in a very convenient location off Route 17 by the shopping area and Oakdale Mall. Clean rooms, nice views. Christie's Steakhouse, Friendly's and Wegman's and Weis supermarkets nearby.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k m
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! So glad you found the hotel so convenient and clean! I hope we can continue to welcome you back on all your future visits to the area!

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I guess I missed this basic information when making our reservations, but I didn't realize that there would be exterior entrances to the rooms. I'm guessing this is just how Red Roof Inns do things, but evidently I hadn't stayed in one before! With our two toddlers along for the trip, and considering the frigid February weather outside, this made for a not-as-great stay as it otherwise would have been. I really appreciated that the room had been recently renovated and was clean. There was enough room to walk around even with our pack-n-play set up. We had a free upgrade to the 'superior' option, which meant we had a microwave and mini-fridge, which was definitely nice, especially for our kids' food. The wifi connection was fast, consistent, and easy to use. The main negative aspect really was the exterior entrance, which meant there was no hallway outside our room to hang out after the kids were in bed (7:30!!), and whenever the door was opened, a blast of freezing air flooded into the room. The fan in the toilet/bath room was so loud that we didn't even have that as a last resort for some grown-up time or to talk on my phone after the kids were asleep (woke them up with that one...grrrr). Overall, I would recommend this hotel to people traveling without little kids. It is pretty much no-frills (though contrary to what some reviewers have said, THEY DO HAVE HAIR DRYERS! you just have to ask the desk!), but the price was right and it felt clean and mostly comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for providing the details of your recent stay. I know it will help other travelers with their lodging decisions. I am very glad to know you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking. The majority of Red Roof Inns have exterior entrances which are very handly with getting in and out to your vehicle or packing up.I do hope that we can accommodate you in the future and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Montrose, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I can't say enough good about my experience w/Red Roof Inn in Binghamton, NY. If this facility is the way all Red Roof Inns are then we are Red Roof Inn-ers for life! They welcomed our fuzzy family member, the room was super clean and comfy, and the value was fantastic. We live only about 40-ish min. away, but my son had a 6 a.m. flight and the weather was predicting ice. We chose Red Roof Inn based on other reviews and the proximity to the Binghamton Airport. So glad we did! =D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
So glad you enjoyed your overnight stay! We love to hear from our guests and appreciate the feedback you shared! The inn is very convenient to the airport and glad you found us! So happy to know you will be staying with us again soon. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns, Inc.!

Wellsboro
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at this Red Roof after a visit to the Classic car museum in Norwich. The motel took pets, and we had our dog with us. The front desk persons were friendly and efficient. The room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Be sure to take a hair dryer, as there was not one in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback! I am very happy to know you found our hotel so clean and our staff so personable and efficient! Hope you come see us again on your next trip through the area!

Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went to drop off my son mid-week at Binghamton University and we arrived late. Front desk friendly and while going to room sceptical but the room was clean and bed comfortable. New flat screen tv and place obviously newly remodeled. Everything worked and for the price thought it was great. Will definately return on future visits to see my son and will be staying here. Friendlys down the road also serves a nice breakfast btw. We had the non-smoking King room. Usually the wife is picky but she had no issues with the room. Only thing she was disapppointed that it didnt have hair blower loll. Nice and quiet, also I believe rooms on both sides of us were vacant which worked out fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
So glad to hear that we will have more Binghamton University parents staying with us on visits to come! Our hotel was recently renovated and your wife will be glad to know that we will soon be putting some new ammenities in our rooms which you can enjoy on your next trip. We have many items available for guests at the front desk such as hair dryers and extra supplies, If ever you are in need of anything during your stay please let us know as we will make sure it is provided promptly. If you haven't already done so you may want to book early for parents' weekend and when the time arrives we recommend parents book reservation a year ahead for graduation weekend for Binghamton University. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night, on an overnight visit to drop my daughter off at the university. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and we were checked in in no time. We had a spacious, clean room, with a large TV and a comfortable king sized bed, and free hot coffee in the lobby. It's not the Ritz, but it is a comortable, basic room for a great price. The only slight downside was the towels - small and rough. However, for $59 per night, I can't complain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to know that you found our newly renovated hotel to be such a great value and clean! I hope we will be seeing you again soon on your next trip through the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
Best Western Plus Of Johnson City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown

Been to Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City? Share your experiences!