“Those booking thru Priceline 2nd class 'guests'”

Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Reserved room thru Priceline.com....Plan was to have either my daughter(s) or wife stay at the hotel with me with the others at the in laws. However, when I checked in, I was given a one bed hotel room. When I asked for 2 beds, the rude clerk informed me that she couldn't change my room because PL had a 'block of rooms reserved'. Now, cost wise there is no difference in the price of a room with 2 beds or one with 1. But this PL expert told me I could call PL and cancel and then pay for the room with 2 beds. PL bidding is non refundable ! SO I took the room with one bed. The clerk did not offer by girls a chocolate chip cookie like she did everyone else, she did not inform me the hours of the continental breakfast nor did she say anything about internet connection.
When I went to my room with one bed, the 'guest' before me must have been offered the chocolate chip cookies because there were a ton of crumbs on the desk, including a huge chip. Deciding I could play the clerks game, I called and complained. She had the nerve to tell me to look out in the hallway and see if any housekeeper was there. I told her it was HER job to find the housekeeper. She said she would send someone up. In the meantime I discovered the nite light in the bathroom was burnt out. What this housekeep did cleaning this room is a mystery.
But despite the extremely rude clerk, the hotel was fine, clean and quiet. No issues with this location other than the clerk. If it was my location, she would be out of a job. First impressions are lasting and the next time I pass thru the Binghamton area, this hotel will not be on the top of my list because of her.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel faces the highway, but construction was good enough to drown out any real highway...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
denise k, Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

I was disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay at our Hotel. If you would like to discuss in detail any issues you or your family encounted please feel free to contact me at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We checked into the Hampton Inn at the last minute en route from Connecticut to Ohio and - expecting an outdated hotel room of the type we are usually forced to stay at in Scranton due to lack of options - were happily surprised with our room: the decor was stylish and seemed brand new, the bathroom was bright and clean, and the bed was amazingly comfortable.

The staff was very polite (though, when I called from the road to inquire about room availability, quick to knock $5 off the intially quoted price when I declined to book over the phone - why not just quote the best price?). There were many options at breakfast in the morning and the waitstaff were lovely.

We almost want to change our route to take the Southern Tier Expressway instead of I-84 every time we head back west so that we can stay at this updated hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel to accomodate your lodging needs and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed in 4 Hampton Inns this trip and had 4 very satisfying stays. In each and everyone, the rate was very acceptable ( significantly higher in Binghamton, due to location, I was told). The reception was cordial. The rooms were very functional, comfortable and had all the amenities. The bed was superb. Breakfast for a king ( small 'k'), serve yourself but lots of choices and quite good.
Unless you're want a resort and if you're on the go, you can't ask for more, at such affordable prices.
Well done Hilton

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
denise k, Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was pleased to hear that you found our beds comfortable and plenty of choices for Breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed one night on our way back from Ithaca. Check-in was easy and the front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. Didn't use the gym or pool. The breakfast was great. Staff kept the breakfast area very clean. Loved being next to Wegmans...great supermarket. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
denise k, Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

We are glad to hear that your stay with us was most enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. When you are back in the area again we look forward to serving your lodging needs.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Having stayed for 5 nights in a Hampton Inn in Albany and then in Webster - both of which were great - we selected another from the chain. Sadly this one let us down, hidden behind a supermarket, smelly elevator, corridors and rooms it needs a make over. The beds also smelt. The breakfast eggs looked wrong - new eggs turned up but were cold "we will put them back into the oven for a bit" we were told. Mmmmmmmm. Oven warmed scrambled eggs.. Staff were fine. Also overpriced (for a smaller room) compared to other Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlanH294
LeticiaD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

I am so very sorry about the experience you had at our hotel and would like to address these concerns at time convenient to you - if not for you and your family, at least for other guests who wish to stay with us in future. Please feel free to contact me at leticia.dagama@hilton.com, as I would sincerely like to address those mishaps and the bad experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We got off to a bad start with the Hampton Inn- it was really hard to find! You have to drive around an access road that appears (from the main road) to only be for the parking lot of the Wegman's. The hotel was clearly older, but clean.... though at first glance, I would have expected more for the prices we were paying.

However, the staff more than made up for the lackluster first impression. We were travelling with our toddler son and my mother and sister. Our rooms were directly across the hall from one another, which was conveinent. The staff was friendly to my child and gave us fair warning that there was a high school sports team staying at the hotel, and suggested that we avoid breakfast at a certain time because that's when the lobby would be full of students.

Throughout our stay, the staff was helpful and kind. We had a great time at the pool- it was small, but sufficient for our needs. Breakfast was nice, and the woman in charge of keeping the buffet and dining area clean was insistent that I cease in my efforts to clean up all the bits of cereal and waffle my kid had dropped on the floor.

The aforementioned Wegman's was also a blessing- we were able to get hot, nutrious meals and other items for the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
denise k, Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and the staff took good care of you and your family during your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This appears to be the best hotel in the area. The location is fantastic - right in the heart of Binghamton, NY - close to everything! It was extremely clean and the beds were super comfortable. It was slightly pricey for a Hampton but I would stay here again.

Don't miss the Wegman's Grocery Store that shares a parking lot with this property. It's amazing! Fantastic fresh food court and bakery!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
denise k, Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel, we really do appreciate this. I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. Thanks again and we do look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City? Share your experiences!