“A hotel hidden by a grocery store”

Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times but this was my first visit since the flood. The entire 1st floor has been renovated and according to the front desk some minor renovations were done on other floors. I had a room on the first floor it was very nice. Compared to the older Hampton layout, I found the new desk to be great change and the wifi was good. The lobby / breakfast area is small but it works. As expected the staff was professional and helpful. The room and common areas were clean. Continuing the comments from other reviewers, I doubt there is another Hampton with as many comments related to a grocery store. If you have not been here, before don't bother looking for the hotel or the Hampton sign. Look for WEGMANS and then drive behind the store; even then depending on the approach the sign is not easy to spot but you will see the hotel. Wegmans is a great store and the market cafe has a large selection. You can take your food away or sit inside or outside. There are several other restaurants nearby that you can walk to but you need to walk through the Wegmans parking lot and cross a busy street (but there are walk signals).

Room Tip: First floor rooms 101-106? are behind the front desk and down the hall from the pool. The elevator i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
denise k, Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I like this hotel for many reasons: decent value, nice sized rooms, clean, great staff, ok fitness room. By far, I love the Wegmans that is within walking distance. For those of you unfamiliar with this fabulous grocery store--check out their ready to eat food selection!! It is awesome--from submarines and pizza to panini's, Asian food, salad bars and even Indian food. Great selection and great value! It is a odd location for a hotel, but I'm not there as a tourist---I'm there for business. The free breakfast is standard...but remember---it's FREE. Love the cookies and coffee at night, too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2012

A bit pricey for a Hampton Inn, but always clean and convenient. The breakfast is an added bonus, and there is a pool too.

Rooms are very well kept and clean. Bed was too soft for my taste but my husband liked it.

Being next to a Wegman's and the Mall makes it a convenient location.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are quiet with no one above you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
LeticiaD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. I will also share your comments about the room cleanliness with our housekeeping staff as I am sure they will be glad to hear them! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had a great trip to Johnson City, the staff was awesome and my room was so clean! I could get in my daily workout in their gym (that is newly renovated), eat a healthy breakfast and get a heathy dinner at Wegmans right next to the hotel. It is tough to live a healthy lfe on the road, but it is super easy at the Hampton Inn Johnson City. I can't wait to go back next month.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments about our property. I am glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and that you were able to take advantage of our newly renovated fitness room as well as find healthy food options on our breakfast buffet. We loved having you here and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Located right off 17W several miles west of Route 81, this Inn is conveniently located (there is a Wegman's next door). The facilities are clean and the workers are friendly. The wifi in the room works well. I would stay there again. The buffet breakfast is adequate.

1  Thank JLBlez

We appreciate your comments on your recent stay with us and I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel has always been comfortable in the past, and this visit was no different. In sort of a funky location (behind a supermarket), but well worth the extra couple of minutes to find it. Desk staff always helpful and professional, and the breakfast crew were efficient and high energy. Delightful folks. A high school basketball tournament was in town, and several teams stayed here, but we were not inconvenienced in any way.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments and I will share them with our staff as we do take a great deal of pride in our hotel and the service provided. I am glad to hear that you had another pleasant experience while with us and look forward to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We used this hotel as our base for a recent family reunion of about 30 people. The hotel was ideal - conveniently located next to a large grocery store but set back well away from traffic and noise. Our rooms were good-sized and immaculately clean, with excellent beds. The indoor pool was large enough to accommodate individual swimmers plus families with small children. The breakfast buffet was a full breakfast - not just the breads, cereals and waffles one finds in most hotels.
The best part was the staff; I can't say enough about how terrific they were! All our last-minute changes and special requests were cheerfully accommodated. They had no meeting rooms but allowed us to use their large and very comfortable breakfast area/lobby for our takeout meals and evening socializing. We all agreed that we couldn't have had a better experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad that we had the opportunity to host your family reunion this year and can't wait for the next one! It was our pleasure to be able to accommodate all of your family's requests and I will share your comments with the staff as we really enjoyed meeting each and every one! Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Best Western Plus Of Johnson City
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City? Share your experiences!