Ndole Bay Lodge
$149
InterContinental
$56
  • Restaurant
All reviewsndole bayfishgreat foodgame reserveoff the beaten trackmany placesspecial thankson arrivaltropical islandgreat hospitalitycraigzambiaroaddriveparadisecampingboat
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Excellent, accommodating and personal service. If you are travelling the dusty roads of Africa in a 4x4, be sure to find electricity and hot water at Ndole Bay! One can easily stay for two weeks and never get bored. Need I say more?

Room Tip: Camping on the beach!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was my first stop on my month long African travels and what a great introduction to Africa and the hospitability of the tourim industry. The rooms were divine, the food was exquisite and the company was entertaining.
Lake Tanganyika is a very special place and I enjoyed by boating, swimming and diving experiences at various locations on the Lake. The wildlife was abundant and exaclty what I was hoping for. As well as experiencing an array of colouful cichlid fish while diving, I was also lucky enough to see hippos, crocodiles, elephants, gazelles and vervet monkeys from land. I also really enjoyed visiting the local village and school!
Craig and Elise (the Managers) and all their staff were so kind and polite and did everything they could to ensure my stay was excellent. Whether I was in the mood to relax, participate in actvities or just socialise and have a chat at the amazing lodge bar.
Probably my favourite part of the lodge itself was the Lakeside deck that extends out over the shallows of the Lake.
Thanks guys, I would definitely recomend this as a travel/holiday destination to anyone heading to Africa.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Butterflyfishy
Reviewed November 11, 2011

After a 2 day drive from Mansa the welcome from Elise was like a homecoming - she made us so comfortable and so welcome! We stayed for 3 nights and were treated like kings and ate like royalty also. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner were all well presented, perfectly served and absolutely delicious - even the packed lunch was excellent. Craig took us diving, fishing, a visit to Kasaba bay and a wonderful 2 hour walk around the flood plain - answering all our questions and giving us a fascinating insight into life in the bush! All too soon our visit was over but the memories kept us happy on the 2 day drive to Lusaka. Next time we might fly!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colin C
Reviewed November 3, 2011

After a hot dusty drive the Lake was amazing. Stayed 3 nights, camping under the winterthorns, right on the sand, next to the scenic lake. Enjoyed the choice of outdoor or indoor showers with lots of hot water. Very relaxing and enjoyed the hammocks and watching the water birds and otters fishing and playing. Boat trip was great fun and even caught my first ever fish - with expert help! Good food and very well stocked bar. Very friendly, relaxing and didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boo_zam
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We wanted to see the Tanganika lake, Ndole bay is a nice place to relax, to fish, to boat and to dive with an excellent teacher, Craig. He knows evrything, all fishs.
We stayed in Ndole bay only 3 nights and it was not enough. It is quiete and the restaurant is good. Thank you Elise and Craig
And it's better to go to Ndole bay via Mpulungu by boat than by road via Kasama and Mporokoso. They can arrange the transfert.
I hope we will come again
J.Luc & Laurence