Dakhla Attitude Hotel
Hotel Buenavista(Ad Dakhla)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Erraha(Ad Dakhla)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe dragondakhla attitudebeach barcable parkkite centervip roomkite schoolkite spotnice spottable tennishealthy foodstaff were fantasticsafe placegreat holidaydune blancheone wordfresh bread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Beautiful destinatination for those who want to relieve stress and make the kite:
This is what we did!
We were with our kids, and unfortunately there are very few facilities available for children, a point that can be improved.

Room Tip: We took the VIP offer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013

What incredible place! The lagoon is stunning, perfect conditions to learn and advance. We were lucky with great wind daily but I guess that is up to nature!
The food was great, I am a chef and I had a happy full tummy after every meal. On this I must note that breakfast ticks all the basic boxes but cold toast, cornflakes and Nescafé gets old by the end of the week - but lunch was always great and nutritious plus the service was great and super friendly.
We had a great lesson at the beginning of the week and the instructors were super helpful and friendly the whole time. I lost my board lots and the rescue boat was efficient. My boyfriend tangled his kite badly once and again both rescue boat and on shore instructors were v efficient an helpful. A friend drifted for a while however and it took a long time to help him so I would say get to know the staff so they have an eye on you - loose your board the odd time!!
I would go back to Dakhla attitude in a heart beat - a group of you would be a great idea. Bring a wetsuit and plenty of sunscreen!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 9, 2013

In trouble with my wing after a fall, I spent 3 hours drifting without anybody rescuing me even if I paid for security check.
Then it took me 1 hour to swim to the beach in front of Dakhla. There, I hopefully find someone having a handphone, called Daklha asking them to come with the rescue boat.
It means that during more than 4 hours, NOBODY knew that I was in big trouble.
I could have died...
And when I finally came back and say how unhappy I was, the manager told me : "You should learn to kite and respect the security zone". UNBELIEVABLE...
He also asks me to pay 250 euros for the board.
He was much more concerned by his board than by my horrible experience.
What a responsible manager who really cares about his customers !! DISGUSTING !!
Another manager said I was lying and did not really spend 3 hours without any help.
It was the worst. And with a smile, he told me that if I dont pay the board I will not leave...
They are IRRESPONSIBLE and ARROGANT.
If you add that food is just OK and sometimes even not edible.
That you can be eaten alive by mosquitoes and that there is absolutely NOTHING to see or do around...GO AWAY, it does not worth it...even if the spot is nice.

Room Tip: Dont get a VIP bungalow. Its 3 times more expensive than normal room but not 3 times better, far from that. It doesnt worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Fix H
worldkite, General Manager at Dakhla Attitude Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to post what we want to believe is a honest and objective comment about your experience in Dakhla Attitude Hotel. As we always do, we will take time and use all means possible to adjust whatever necessary to keep on making of Dakhla Attitude Hotel the best option in Dakhla for some unforgettable wind holidays.

Regarding your comments there are some things we would like to clear out. Accidents are part of kitesurfing and even we all would like them not to, they happen. Dakhla Attitude's security zone, where we have two zodiacs, one big white boat and one jet sky, all working none stop from 9AM to 6:30PM, is clearly delimitated and information is delivered on the arrival briefing, by our staff at the center and it's on posters all around the camp. Being in the water for 3 hours is equal ending up several kilometers downwind and it is impossible in Dakhla because on the area we kite after 30 minutes anybody would have ended at the Dragon Island where there is enough place to self rescue, pack the kite and come back to the hotel.

We realized you where lost at lunch time, couple of hours after you went out with rented material and we immediately send out the boats to search for you. We received the call from one of our local friends and send the boat immediately to pick you up. Our first concern always is the security and if the person is OK, after that we have to analyze the facts. Somebody outside of the established security zone is someone that intentionally went out of it or that does not have the basic skills to keep himself upwind or perform a self rescue man over.

Almost all the centers in the world demand to each customer that rents material to prove and IKO level 3K or a VDWS step 5 kiteboarding in order not to charge for damages or loss in material. We have asked for this and neither one of them was shown to us. We do not make money out of lost material as we understand nobody is willing to go into this kind of situation and as you wrote, we charged for the cost price of a 2013 board (complete with pads, straps and fins) to be replaced at the sport center as it is considered a prime working tool.

All of the managers have invested the proper amount of time to explain this situation and as part of the lodging deal, we deliver our services once we have cleared out accounts. If not, we have the right not to as one of our managers explained. Important at this point is to mention that the charge for the board ended up being 200€ as one of the managers decided to assume on his personal expenses the rest of the charge.

At Dakhla Attitude Hotel our priority are our customers, their experience and security and we also have a strong commitment to the responsible practice under ISAF, IKO and VDWS standards of the sport.

For the rest of the comments we will take notice and work on what we consider can get better. Food in Dakhla Attitude is one of our main attractions but in this case, it's an issue of preference and taste. There are lot's of things to do In Dakhla Attitude aside from kitesurfing, are offered and listed properly. It just takes a little effort to ask or read to be informed and enjoy of this magical place as thousands of people do every day.

Our VIP bungalows do not cost 3 times more then a standard BG and for sure they have much more comfort, services and a perfect placement to enjoy the views over the lagoon. This is way they are almost completely booked for the rest of the year.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We will do whatever necessary to improve and we hope to see you soon again!

Regards,
Dakhla Attitude

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed in Dhakla attitude from 9th to 15th September 2013. I stayed in one of the rooms with bath and i payed the extra for daily cleaning and for fruits and towels every day in the room. It was great. the team have everything prepare for your arrival since to land in the airport to the moment of leaving. The food is great, the service is helpfull and the place is the best to enjoy kitesurfing all day. They have places to keep your material, clean it, dry it, inflate your kite. They have assistance to rise and land the kite.. the paradise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank macizas
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice team, nice location. Beautiful landscape. I enjoyed this trip. The team is really nice. The food is great. A great way to meet people from all around the world. You will enjoy it especially if you want to relax or kitesurfing there's no better place. A paradise on earth literally. I hope this review will push you to go and see it by yourself. I went twice and there's no regret and I hope I'll have the chance to go again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends