“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Jericho
Sound Beach, New York
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here with my family and the first thing I noticed was the night clerk named Kenny. He was sincerely helpful and polite. I was immediately put at ease by his welcome and providing us with a clean comfortable room. Kenny made all the difference in the world above other places we have stayed. Awsome!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Arrived at 11:00PM after full day of travelling. Never made it into the nicer side of hotel, if there was a better side. While waiting for the reservation, we encountered the hourly trade reserving their rooms on the other side. With a wink and a smile they cancelled our reservation and understood perhaps we were understandably uncomfortable to stay the night as the Saturday night trade was in full swing in the hotel and in the parking lot of the restaurant next door. We ran to the 4 Points Sheraton in Plainview and had an excellent night.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Elena K

Travelers are raving about these Jericho hotels

Jericho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very clean nice staff quite area fun area conviant are... Good vending machines ice machine big property alot of parking
No hanging out outside good house cleaners clean bathroom room smelled really clean

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Jessica L
Unicoi, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

i own my own company working on disasters for FEMA. Being from Tennessee me and my crew headed up to Long Island this past November, with no where to stay and not knowing where to go. I couldnt ask for Alexandria to be any better to me and my men! Not only did she give me a room but worked around and got me 4 others so my men didnt have to all pile up in one room or in their trucks. We stayed till the middle of January and our experience couldnt of been any better any where else! She would tell us where and how to go when we all went into NYC and even go as far as to print me off a map and highlight it! :) We had to park our equipment there and it was watched and safe throughout the whole time. The housekeeping staff was exceptional as well as the front desk, they worked with us under some difficult circumstances. I cant thank Alexandria enough for making us feel welcome and comfortable. and if we are ever back up there for any reason I plan on stopping back by for another stay!!!! I would highly recommend it for anyone, the rooms are cozy and the rates are great. thank you again Alexandria!! :) - Lynne

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank lenlee
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I am an Insurance adjuster and travel full time for work. This is by far the cleanest hotel I have stayed at in my travels. It is conveniently located near plenty of shopping, restaurants, and within a couple miles of a train station that will have you at Penn Station in less than a 45 minute ride. (The trains running are very clean and a safe environment for families with $16 fair round trip) The rooms are very sizable, with very comfortable beds, micro and refrig, flat screen tvs, etc. the staff is top notch and it has been a pleasure to stay here the last several weeks. It is assuring knowing that I will be spending the rest of my time in Long Island at the Meadowbrook Motor Lodge.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank harleydad4fun
Harrisonville, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I see some of the other comments on here that are rather rude. I stayed there for a month and had no doubt about the safety staying there. It was clean and everyone there was very professional. I'd Definitely stay there again. Alexandria at the front desk did every she was asked of. Very accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel and I know a lot of other insurance adjusters who stayed there would too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Armando G
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

After an exhausting day plagued with plane delays and being bombarded with every form of public transit NYC has to offer, I showed up at this hotel well past 9:00. As the cab pulled in, we passed some rather disturbing buildings (including an abandoned construction site) and pulled up next to a lobby worthy of a motel charging hourly rates. As I entered, I was greeted by a man covered with tattoos grinning at me through a pane of bulletproof glass. Was I in for the worst night of my life? Amazingly... no. As I soon discovered, this hotel is actually quite a charming little discount property that's kept up fairly well (inside, anyway). I'll elaborate below.

Service: The man I mentioned above turned out to be extremely friendly and gave me a nice warm welcome. He answered all of my questions and got me checked in faster than I've ever seen at any other property. Housekeeping came at a good time each day (late morning, early afternoon). They gave me enough towels for four people, fresh soap and shampoo daily, and seemed to do a pretty good job cleaning everywhere else. Even though I had a good amount of valuables scattered around the room, absolutely nothing "disappeared".

Room: I was in the small part of the building with interior corridors. While the corridors looked and smelled pretty awful, the rooms were more than manageable. It seems like the management has made some recent effort to update the rooms. For example: The shower door, shower head, paint, tile, carpet, light fixtures, and other furniture looked <10 years old (some parts newer than others). While the building itself is pretty poor, these new additions make the rooms work. I do have to knock it down a few pegs because of the cigarette burn holes in my blanket, though. In any case, this is one of the cheapest hotels on Long Island, so you can't expect perfection. If you just want a room that functions and isn't disgusting, this hotel is a good bet.

Location: If you don't have a car (like in my situation), the best option is to take a cab to the Syosset train station. I recommend this over Hicksville because it is in a better area. Be sure to call Syosset taxi and make an advanced reservation. I did this every day, and they were always on time and friendly. The fare was $9. There is also a very limited convenience store at the gas station next door which came in handy from time to time.

In conclusion: This is a budget hotel. It's not luxurious, and they don't intend to give that impression. Even though it has the curb appeal of your average prison block, the interior is quite a bit nicer than one would expect. If you're traveling on a budget. I'd recommend it. However, I'm sure there are much nicer properties in the area available for slightly more money.

Room Tip: I would try to stay out of the "Tower Building" (the 3-story section with interior corrido...