“Great lunch spot and great service”
Review of Market Bistro

Market Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Jericho
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 106/107
Transit: One mile from the Hicksville stop of the LIRR
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On Friday I was lucky enough to have a lunch date in this great restaurant. She was getting her nails next door and upon finishing i suggested we try market bistro because i had read some favorable reviews. As is our won't, we sat at the bar to enjoy the higher lunchtime seating and cocktails, rather than a romantic evening dinner. Not to say this restaurant isn't romantic--- it just wasn't that kind of lunch-- and we haven't been there at night. Perhaps we can go back at night and I'll augment this review.
I lately have a thing for french onion soup - probably the cool damp weather- so I tried a crock of this and although it was different and good, it was good like all the other soups I've had on the island. It was the lunch specials that caught my eye this trip. I don't, as a rule, eat red meat- but the way the hanger steak sandwich was described, I gave in to my need for protein and I was so glad I did! To make up for my foi pas, I replaced the fries for a salad and I considered it a good trade. My date had the tuna tar tar. She really enjoyed it and would order it again. The drinks were good and the noise level was low as the restaurant was not very crowded due to the snow. The bartenders were very friendly and the whole place had an overall "good feel". Better than your average lunch by far. We'll definitely come back and were happy with all aspects of our meal.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Finally made it to this restaurant recently and was not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service very good. The main courses were a bit on the stingy side but none of us left hungry. The fixed price menu, at $30 for 3 courses, is a good value although with limited choices. In our group, we had short ribs, free-range organic chicken, crusted fluke and other dishes. All were prepared exactly as ordered aith delicious sides. Excellent desserts. Has the feel of a Parisienne bistro without the airfare. Casual dining at it's best.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

One step up from a diner. The burger is one more $15 burger that is not worth the cash but come with plentiful and tasty fries. The moules were delicious but, come on, not even to fill the bowl ( see picture) how foolish can you be? All in all, it is an ok, good parking and easy access but the local diner will give them a run foe the money.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am always in the Jericho area for client luncheons and Market Bistro is a welcome addition. The restaurant is located in the Whole Foods Shopping Center and you would miss it if you don't look close enough - the ownership group should invest in Signage on the main roads because that 106/107 - Jericho Tpke crossover is a mess especially at lunch.

The decor is rustic and modern, great bar - a lot of people sat at the bar and ate. This is especially nice if you are dining along.

My lunch companion and I ordered Signature Market Fresh MicroGreen Salads with Grilled Chicken and Grilled Salmon. I did not ask to hold the dressing on the side and it wasn't too bad - not drowning. Salmon was fresh and delicious pefectly seasoned. I really wanted to tear into a burger and handcut fries - those looked exceptional but was being good that day. Server was attentive, overall a good solid "go to" in the area. The look is fresh, fare is fresh and well prepared, and I like dining at a non chain affiliated restaurant. I will be back for dinner!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I absolutely love dining at Market Bistro. The food is creative, the atmosphere is great, and the staff is friendly yet professional. This is definitely one of our fave new restaurants. There's nothing else quite like it in the area (where you seem to be surrounded by nothing but Italian, Sushi, and steak houses). Great food, awesome drink selection, and great service...Don't miss it!