“Nice hotel, but a little hard to get to”

Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jericho
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night in September, 2012 while visiting friends on Long Island. The hotel is a typical Hampton Inn... the room was clean and the free breakfast was good. The location is very close to the highway but if you are coming to the hotel on the local streets, there is a concrete median blocking a left turn into the hotel... So even though your GPS tells you "you have arrived at your location", you really can't get into the parking lot! And if you try to just go down a little further to make a U-turn, you end up having to decide which highway you want to go on... Luckily we stayed to the left and somehow ended back up in front of the hotel on the correct side of the road... (still don't know how we did that!). But other than that, our one night stay was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton-NYCJE, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Hampton Inn-Jericho/Westbury on Trip Advisor. We are always looking to improve our property and we thank you for taking the time to share your observations. I will make sure to share your review with my entire staff.
Thank you again and we hope to see you back when you are in the Long island area.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I needed to be in Levittown for a morning meeting and stayed here. GREAT location! So easy to get to. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I was feeling a little under the weather when I arrived and jumped right into the shower. The water pressure was really good which is something I also love when traveling. The breakfast the next morning was also pretty good (and free) and I was very impressed with the breakfast area- it was very nice! I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hampton-NYCJE, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments from your last stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like all the satff here did an amazing job making you feel at home, which is our number one goal. I will share your wonderful comments with the entire staff here.
Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next arrival with us at the Hampton Inn Jericho/Westbury,NY

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Staying here as I have a client very close by. Nice Hampton Inn. Comfy beds and i had a great sleep. Good gym too. Conveniently located next to the highway but not much else around. Standard buffet breakfast.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the hotel staff.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The staff was very friendly, allowing us an early check-in and printing out directions to a local restaurant. Our double queen room was huge, clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast bar was kept clean and well stocked. It was nice to have a choice of waffles, pre-made omelets and potatoes along with the usual cereal, yogurt, pastries and toast. The only difficulty we had was in the location -- on a divided highway with a roundabout way of getting to the entrance. Glad we had our GPS with us!

2  Thank Kathleen A

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we look forward to having you with us again in the future. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the hotel staff. Please feel free to contact me personally with any questions or comments you may have!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here for business in the area. The staff was very friendly and professional. Room was a little noisy in the evening, but did not affect my sleep. Breakfast bar was very well stocked with a good choice of foods. I will stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hampton-NYCJE, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am fortunate to have a great staff who’s goal is to make each guest have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again
The Team at the Hampton Inn Jericho.Westbury!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Clean, conveniently located, nicely decorated. The only issue we had was that the room we were initially assigned had lots of traffic noise, but hotel staff responded immediately with our request to change to a quieter room. All in all, very nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. We are excited to hear when someone enjoys our property as we take great pride in the cleanliness and customer service at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area. The Team at the Hampton Inn Jericho/Westbury!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Clean hotel, extremely friendly, competent front desk staff. Had a cleanliness issue with the bathroom upon check in. I attempted to address with housekeeping but the only consistent response that I received was "I do not speak English." Finally I contacted the front desk who were extremely cordial and professional and got the issues addressed. If you are using a GPS to get to this hotel, please know that there are issues with the address sometimes not being recognized in the GPS system. Upon contacting the hotel regarding the fact that the GPS took me elsewhere, they were more than tolerant with me directing me accordingly as the front desk said it happens to many of their guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Hampton-NYCJE, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

We love having you here!!!!
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I do apologise you had a problem with the bathroom upon check in and I'm glad we did get it resolved for you. As you encounteed our housekeeping staff speaks english as a second language and we are in the process of using helpful communication cards so they could communicate with our guests and offer resolution by contacting a Manager on Duty or our Front Desk.
In regards to the Directions with the GPS as this could be a challenge for travelers we have placed details on our website under maps to use the the alternate address of 86 Jericho Turnpike which will brings you directly to our parking lot.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns directly!

516-997-2000
Gerry.Dalmanieras2@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jericho
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Courtyard by Marriott Westbury Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury? Share your experiences!